ADVERTISEMENT

TU Softball Spring Thread

Agree on barfeldt. Hes a tremendous coach. It's clear he was the main coach with pitching, as that's been a problem since hes left. Delce struggled big time this year. I'm not sure why Pochop didnt play yesterday? Injury maybe? She was our best pitcher this year by a long shot.

Yes I was wondering why Pochop didn’t pitch in the tournament does anybody know?

Wichita state is a good team this year. We did under perform the whole season which would have put us in better contention to making the tournament but the shockers have a good team.
Wichita State really rakes the ball around. One of the better hitting squads in the country IMO (of course OU should win the national championship handily...that team is as loaded as any squad in the history of NCAA softball).

Reactions: loca2874
Wichita State had the unenviable task of being put in the Normal regional this past weekend. They scored runs against OU...Wichita State's bats were good enough to get the talking heads on ESPN questioning whether or not OU has enough pitching to win the WCWS. Wichita State was up 4-0 in yesterday's do or die game....OU followed up with 24 runs over the remainder of the game winning 24-7! Again, Wichita State is one of the best hitting teams in the country. Unfortunate they were paired with THE BEST hitting team in the NCAA this year (and possibly ever). This OU lineup might be the equivalent of the 1927 Yankees.

Wow 24-7!!!! All three of the teams in the conference lost in the final of the regional. OU is a tough out every year.

Wow 24-7!!!! All three of the teams in the conference lost in the final of the regional. OU is a tough out every year.
Sportscenter led with their top 3 stories...Mickelson being the #1, Cubs over Cards in extras, and the onslaught of OU softball. I've never seen so many bombs in my entire life when it comes to women's softball.

• Wow
I don't feel bad for Wichita St. Every year we make it to the regionals and every year we play OU. It's about time someone else felt our pain!

I don't feel bad for Wichita St. Every year we make it to the regionals and every year we play OU. It's about time someone else felt our pain!
I don’t feel bad for them either but we don’t get pummeled 24 to freaking 7 either. Holy cow

I don’t feel bad for them either but we don’t get pummeled 24 to freaking 7 either. Holy cow
I didn't realize they don't have a mercy rule in postseason.

OU went 48-2 this season. Their losses were to Georgia and OSU. They had 31 wins that ended early. I should have counted the number of times they scored 10+ runs. No joking, this might be the best offensive team in the history of NCAA women's softball. Texas was a nationally ranked team most of the season and traditionally one of the NCAA's powerhouses. OU swept the season series 3-0 and all 3 games ended by mercy rule.

It will be an interesting matchup in the Super Regional for OU as they play #16 national seed Washington who has a pitcher that is a POY candidate. Gabbie Plain is a 4 pitch pitcher who shut down Michigan in the final 2 games of their regional. 35-6 this year. But 2 of those losses came to UCLA who is the #2 team in the country and have a good lineup. Wouldn't shock me if OU beats up on Washington.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT