ADVERTISEMENT

TU Softball Spring Thread

TU_BLA

I.T.S. Legend
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2012
Tulsa, OK
Softball team gets started this weekend down in Aggie Cultville for 3 games this weekend. Is this a much later start than normal? OU has already played something like 10 games and is collectively outscoring their opponents like 100-7 in those games. Schedule for TU is pretty stout. 3 vs A&M, 2 vs New Mexico, 2 vs Nebraska-Omaha, and 1 vs OSU in the TU/OSU Tournament. 4 up in Lawrence at the Jayhawk Invitational, and a 3 game series vs LaTech to close out the noncon. Season ends with 6 series against the American foes (get UCF in Tulsa but have to travel to USF and Houston).

Anyone with any feel for the prospects for this team? I know we return Delce in the circle along with a highly touted FR pitcher coming in as well as a couple of other newcomers that are drawing attention.

Lost to T A&M 9-5 and 9-6. From quick look at box score and write up we have young players helping to deliver on offense. Obviously we are giving up way too many runs and hits.

Swept on the series. Pitched better on Sunday, but unfortunately couldn't hit. Always look forward to softball season so hopefully this is just a first series bump

I received score updates on the game but since I couldn't watch or see play by play I have no idea how we actually played. Do we look to have promise? Or is this going to be a long year? I don't know how I feel about this new coach yet but she has been put into a really weird situation to start her coaching career

I received score updates on the game but since I couldn't watch or see play by play I have no idea how we actually played. Do we look to have promise? Or is this going to be a long year? I don't know how I feel about this new coach yet but she has been put into a really weird situation to start her coaching career
She was the coach last year when the season had started. TU was off to a decent start before the Spring seasons got punted. We will be fine. A&M is usually pretty stout. TU's pitching might be deeper but it usually takes some time to find that control. Encouraging are the number of runs and the hitting TU has shown early is promising as that has been the bugaboo in recent years. The next 2 weekends and then the 1st series against UCF will be better to tell what the team's prospects are.

Anybody know if this weekend's games will be on epsn+ ?

Anybody know if this weekend's games will be on epsn+ ?

Tulsa vs #8 OSU will be on ESPN+ at 1pm on Sunday. Also, just for other TU sports. Women's Volleyball will be on today at 4pm on ESPN+ and on Saturday at 1pm...Both games against Houston. #25 Tulsa vs S Florida in Men's Soccer will be on ESPN+ at 6pm Saturday and finally Wichita St vs Tulsa in first round of Women's Bball tournament will be Monday at 1:30pm.

https://www.espn.com/search/_/type/upcoming/q/tulsa

ESPN+ has a neat feature where you can go to the search bubble and type in Tulsa and it will pull up all events, live, upcoming, and in the past that are on demand to rewatch. It's helpful when you miss events due to life so you can go back and watch the games later. I watched the TU v UCF soccer game from Saturday. Meinhard should have had about 4 goals and Ben Barkley could have had more than just the 1 he ended with.

Reactions: Henry Kendall
OSU is 18-1. No shame getting beat by that crew.
They're also a top 10 team nationally. Right now TU's pitching is not where it needs to be despite the talent being there. I am encouraged by the bats. The lineup has been pretty strong, especially the top 5.

Wasn't Bargfeldt a pitching guru? With Strimple as HC it would stand the hitting would get better.

I watched 3 of the games and they look dialed in at the plate. Pitching still could be better, more hustle turning double plays, and the weirdest thing I saw on a few occasions is we have horrible sliding technique. Fix those 3 things and we will be looking really good.

Reactions: HuffyCane
Why is the game with OSU canceled? Weather?

Dropped 3 out of 4 to Wichita over the weekend. Looks like the 1 seed is out of reach.

Anybody know if they will be allowing fans at the tournament in a couple weeks?

Reactions: loca2874
Dropped 3 out of 4 to Wichita over the weekend. Looks like the 1 seed is out of reach.

Anybody know if they will be allowing fans at the tournament in a couple weeks?
The tourney going to be in Tulsa this year so ya never know we might still win the conference

I think our games played is low compared to other teams. I don’t know if it was weather related cancellations or some other reason. I know with the OSU postponements we had several weeks with a week or longer between games.

It will be between the two Florida schools or TU with home field. That USF pitcher is almost unbeatable.

"Due to American Athletic Conference and the University of Tulsa Covid-19 guidelines, a limited team allotment pass list for student-athletes and staff families will be permitted attendance. The AAC nor teams involved in the tournament will sell tickets for the Championship."

Guess they don't want us there.

Reactions: loca2874
So frustrating. We complain about never hosting post season play and when we do we under perform.

Reactions: el duran
So frustrating. We complain about never hosting post season play and when we do we under perform.
Wichita state is a good team this year. We did under perform the whole season which would have put us in better contention to making the tournament but the shockers have a good team.

Of course. Not taking anything away from them. Five teams could have won this tourney. When you are at home, you should expect to win.

We hit the ball better and scored more runs but pitching was not as strong. We seemed to have more pitching depth but gave up more runs. We needed at least one that can dominate when they take the circle.

Reactions: TU_BLA
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT