ADVERTISEMENT

TU Softball at Norman vs Mizzou in first round game

Missouri was afraid to play Wichita St. a couple weeks back and paid $5k to get out
of it. Use it for loud locker chatter and prove there was a reason for fearing the P6 AAC.
Go TULSA!!!

Reactions: TU_BLA
2nd seeded in our grouping but always in there with OU....

The 16 regionals are a 4 team double elimination format
Norman regional schedule:
Friday:
Game 1 Missouri vs. Tulsa Friday 3:30 on ESPN 3
Game 2 Oklahoma v. Boston Friday 6 pm on ESPN 2
Saturday: Times and Coverage TBA
Game 3 G1 Winner vs. G2 Winner
Game 4 G1 Loser vs. G2 Loser
Game 5 G3 Loser vs. G4 Winner
Sunday: Times and Coverage TBA
Game 6 G3 Winner vs. Game 5 Winner
Game 7 If Necessary

Tulsa is 33-23 Overall and 10-11 in The American

Missouri was 28-27 overall and 6-17 in the SEC
They lost to OSU twice 6-3 and 3-2 (Tulsa won twice 2-0 and 7-4)
They beat USF twice 10-5 and 4-3 (8) (Tulsa won 2 and lost 2)
They beat Florida Atlantic 7-2 (Tulsa won 1-0)

Boston was 39-18 overall and 15-3 in the Patriot conference
They beat Oklahoma 4-3 (Tulsa lost 1-0)

#4 Oklahoma is 50-3 overall and 18-0 in the Big12

The American ended up with four bids
Wichita State is at #13 Arkansas with Oklahoma State and DePaul
South Florida is at #2 Florida with Ohio State and Bethune-Cookman
Houston is at #11 Louisiana State with Louisiana and Fordham

Last edited:
What was it like at Mizzou?
Nope...I have only ever even driven through Columbia once...and I couldn't get out of there fast enough...sort of like every time I am near Stillwater.

Here's a legit question for anyone who might know. Mizzou finished 28-27 on the season, 6-17 in the SEC. How can the NCAA be taken seriously giving an at large bid to a team like that? I don't care if you had to play against 5 of the top seeds in the tournament...you weren't good enough to win any of those games.

Nope...I have only ever even driven through Columbia once...and I couldn't get out of there fast enough...sort of like every time I am near Stillwater.

Here's a legit question for anyone who might know. Mizzou finished 28-27 on the season, 6-17 in the SEC. How can the NCAA be taken seriously giving an at large bid to a team like that? I don't care if you had to play against 5 of the top seeds in the tournament...you weren't good enough to win any of those games.
It just goes to show you that SEC bias is more then just in football.
All 13 teams made the tournament for the 2nd straight year. One of those teams was 11 games under .500 in conference. That's absurd.

It just goes to show you that SEC bias is more then just in football.
All 13 teams made the tournament for the 2nd straight year. One of those teams was 11 games under .500 in conference. That's absurd.
It needs to be about more than just who you play, especially in conference. NCAA needs a rule, especially in all of its championship tournaments that they conduct that you need to be at least .500 in conference to be considered for an at-large bid. Should go for basketball, softball, soccer. Tennis doesn't really do a conference season of matches, nor does golf so it wouldn't really apply to those sports. AND, Mizzou bailed on a couple of out of conference games with Wichita State last minute just so they could guarantee an over .500 record at the end of the SEC Conference tournament. That should have disqualified them right then...it's not like football or basketball where those games are bought out a year or two in advance. Can you imagine the outrage if Notre Dame bought out of its game with USC to preserve a .500 record to remain bowl eligible...the week of the game?

It was obvious you meant Boston/TU. You're like my mom, whether she comprehends a joke or not, she don't act like she do. Usually she don't.

It was obvious you meant Boston/TU. You're like my mom, whether she comprehends a joke or not, she don't act like she do. Usually she don't.
And I like taking shots at Mizzou and OkState whenever I can because of their self-inflated images of themselves

After 4: TU-9//Mizzou-1 Riley Spell hits a grand slam & all runs scored with 2 outs. MUUUUU is almost toast! After 5: TU 8-run rules MUUUUUUU! Game over. Bring on the Gooooners! (although I would prefer BU)

Last edited:
Couldn't have asked for a better start to the regional. Watson gets to save two innings worth of pitches.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT