ADVERTISEMENT

TU releases 2018 football schedule

Unless TU wins at Temple or UH, starting out 0-2 in conference is going to be demoralizing.
Assuming no key injuries and improved play on O and D, there are clearly five games in which TU will be favored to win - UCA, Ark State, Tulane, UConn, SMU. Then, USF here, @ Navy should be toss-ups.@ Temple is winnable.
Underdogs at UT, UH and Ark. However, Ark has struggled mightily the past few years. A win in Fayetteville would be sweet. I'm not sure what UH has returning. UT was a 500 team last year and lost early to a mediocre Maryland team in Austin.
Prediction - 5-7 or 6-6.

Arkansas isn’t unbeatable... I think we will have a decent chance at them. Also I think The game at temple will be winnable. I’m thinking 7-5 is doable.

I'm excited for UH here on a Thursday night. But gonna mean we probably don't have a university-led pregame event. :/

Hopefully that's an off day for the Astros and the ALDS too.

Reactions: TU 1978
Playing Arkie in Arkie land with Arkie refs has almost always been a disaster for TU...

Tulsa released its 2018 football schedule on Tuesday, which is highlighted by eight Bowl participants from last season.

LINK: 2018 schedule
Rough schedule this year! These Thur and Fri games are a waste of time unless your playing a top 25 team people want to watch. When you play quality teams like UT and Arkansas in the same year with very little depth it almost always equates to racking up key injuries to personnel that cannot be overcome.

For those of you considering going to the UT game, the new airline in Tulsa, ViaAir, is offering non-stop round trip to Austin for $200.

Reactions: HuffyCane
I've renewed my football tickets but there was nothing in the package about UT or UA tickets. I assume that will be a separate e mail/mailing - maybe TU doesn't yet know how many tickets it is getting for those games. I swore I would never go back to Fayetteville, but I really want to be there if TU were to win. I was there for the 21-20 game, but not the field goal game.

Reactions: ColoCane
Will go to Austin. Can stay with family there.

Looks like UCLA has some open dates due to Rutgers cancelling their home and home series with the Bruins.

Looks like UCLA has some open dates due to Rutgers cancelling their home and home series with the Bruins.
This could be a good idea. TU has a vibrant local alum chapter in LA, the Rose Bowl is a great place to see a game, flights are cheap and hotels plentiful, plus we could sample the lastest sushi creations and rosé blends at their tailgate.

Reactions: goldenhurricane2
FWIW, everyone always says visitor tickets at UT are the worst.
Yep, out of 100k seats they put visiting fans on the -10 yard line. I don't think they extended those bleachers 10 yds past the endzone so DKR can host the Olympics.

R5NJjlx.png

TX

Last edited:
Playing Arkie in Arkie land with Arkie refs has almost always been a disaster for TU...

Will be tough claiming those Ark state champ rings. Guess TU is penching pennies scheduling all 3 Ark DI schools.

TX

Will be tough claiming those Ark state champ rings. Guess TU is penching pennies scheduling all 3 Ark DI schools.

TX

The central Arkansas thing was a mixed sport deal and Arkansas State is a 1-1... so not really pinching pennies with either of those.

Yes we’ll get a payout from UA, but it’s no different than getting a payout from anyone else... plus it gives our fans an opportunity to see an away game within driving distance.

Me
The central Arkansas thing was a mixed sport deal and Arkansas State is a 1-1... so not really pinching pennies with either of those.

Yes we’ll get a payout from UA, but it’s no different than getting a payout from anyone else... plus it gives our fans an opportunity to see an away game within driving distance.
Memphis is a pretty cool place to go to a game too

Not to get too ahead of myself, the 2019 schedule looks pretty good!

@ Michigan State
@ San Jose State
vs. Ok State
vs. Wyoming

Reactions: shon46
T

I'll take the directional schools any day. They worked out a deal that was beneficial for both sides, but taking dirty money from the pigs is way different than anyone else. Hope Coach Monty finds a way to beat their arse. Hate to see that Chad Morris ended up at two of the schools that I can tolerate the least.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT