ADVERTISEMENT

TU men's soccer

Garbage Penalty. One of the many problems with this sport. At least I can stop watching it when the US draws to Iran 0-0.

• Haha
Reactions: TulsaAM
I don’t have espn + and espn was not showing sorry to inconvenience you
Try a simple google search using these keywords:

creighton vs tulsa soccer tournament

You will usually find updates, stats, and/or the score on two or three sites. I never depend on espn to have anything except ncaa basketball and football. It's not that hard to find.

I don’t know squat about soccer but it looked like the keeper was diving for the ball.
He was but he didn't get the ball and he contacted the Creighton player causing him to go down. GKs get a lot of leeway and the benefit of the doubt on most things in the box, but that one was an easy and clear call.

Geez can’t we all be civil
Try a simple google search using these keywords:

creighton vs tulsa soccer tournament

You will usually find updates, stats, and/or the score on two or three sites. I never depend on espn to have anything except ncaa basketball and football. It's not that hard to find.
Thanks your right espn doesn’t cover soccer much I had espn +?and didn’t renew i didn't like in October 49% increase. In price I have a lot of subscriptions just trying to cut back a little,

I'm sorry, but I hate this "Google" it crap. This is a forum about Tulsa soccer. This is probably the best place to go to, to get info on Tulsa soccer. So if you don't know the score, this would be a damn good place to start looking. If you can't go to forums for resources then what's the point.

I'm sorry, but I hate this "Google" it crap. This is a forum about Tulsa soccer. This is probably the best place to go to, to get info on Tulsa soccer. So if you don't know the score, this would be a damn good place to start looking. If you can't go to forums for resources then what's the point.
Thank you we should welcome more Tulsa soccer fans interest not turn them away with rude responses.

If I don't have access to a game, I find a place on the net that has regular updates, instead of asking 3 or 4 times for updates. It's better for me AND the board. I only ask the board for updates if I don't have time at the moment,(once) or if I can't find anything on the net.(which is rare but does happen occasionally)

That way I might even have stats on the game, so I have more info than I would have had by asking the board several times.

I'm not just being rude to be rude.

Should of been a 4 or 5-2 win, cant have that many breakaways and not even get a shot off, just miss the net or hit it so lightly the defender has time to catch up and clear it. Lopez had to make 2 great dive saves in the 2nd half, I dont even recall their goalkeeper needing to move to make a save. Just poor finishing

I take the blame for the loss. I chickened out because of the rain and watched the match on ESPN+ instead of attending. Ok, enough fan guilt. TU lost a tight game against another tough opponent.

Onward to next year and an even deeper tournament run.

Reactions: HuffyCane
^^^This. This year’s team has been weak and not well organized on the attack all season. Frankly we got further than I thought we would.
The attack was fine it was the finishing or wanting to get the perfect look for the perfect shot that did them in. There were a number of times they could get deep, just send a low cross in and see what happens. We did it a few times last night and should have scored 2 in the first 10 minutes. The finishing wasn't at the same level as last year...just the way it works sometimes. There were too many breakdowns on D this year, especially on the outside. As good as Cashion and Edwards were, they got beat more often this year than our fullbacks got beat last season and that created danger forcing CBS to step outside and hoping your MFs had dropped in to defend the middle. Creates a lot of scrambling.

I was also not a fan of how we seemed to let up after going up a goal instead of continuing to press the issue and force teams to defend. Happened last week against Georgetown and happened this week as well.

We did not finish. Too many missed chances.

Wyatt is energetic but did not impress me this season. He is too easily dispossessed by defenders. He does not finish well. He is quick but not fast. Finally I will say he got too many minutes.

Henry Scott also stopped scoring midway through the season. For some reason he and Meinhart did not play off one another very well

I feel bad for Tom. Probably his two best teams man for man the past couple of years but no breakthrough past the round of 16.

If I don't have access to a game, I find a place on the net that has regular updates, instead of asking 3 or 4 times for updates. It's better for me AND the board. I only ask the board for updates if I don't have time at the moment,(once) or if I can't find anything on the net.(which is rare but does happen occasionally)

That way I might even have stats on the game, so I have more info than I would have had by asking the board several times.

I'm not just being rude to be rude.
Maybe he was too busy watching the football game to be able to look up the soccer score.

I wouldn’t have known had Bruce not given an update during the radio broadcast.

Reactions: libertychamp
What’s our record in round of 16 matches? Gotta be 2-8 at best. Sucks to say same ole same ole.

205 D1 soccer teams and we regularly finish in the top 16.
That’s great. But being almost an automatic out in the 16 kinda stinks. Especially when we have this talent. I hope Tom finds another Fazio. Dude was a bad mammajamma and was more than happy to fight after the match. Probably bc Fazio is cranky and old as I am.

That’s great. But being almost an automatic out in the 16 kinda stinks. Especially when we have this talent. I hope Tom finds another Fazio. Dude was a bad mammajamma and was more than happy to fight after the match. Probably bc Fazio is cranky and old as I am.
The JUCO Sanchez is expected to be that guy next year in Fazio's spot. And we will have quality depth back there. Richnow is going to be an absolute stud as is Bottenburg. I think we lose Mitchell but I've lost count on his eligibility because he was injured for a long time and then COVID. If he has a COVID year left, he and Edwards will man those fullback spots again unless the new kid. If he doesn't I expect Rosengren to fill that spot. The biggest loss for TU is going to be Henry Sach. He is just a really good 120 yd player, a good defender, and his ability to remain calm under pressure and playing out of the back is so under appreciated. And we lose his leadership. I'm not sure who steps in to fill that role. I think Tom really wants Dalby to be that guy but he has a lot of maturing to do with his game before he can approach that level. The last few games where he came in he was turnover prone (think Scott McTominay/Fred type turnover prone) and he actually took a lot of fouls defending when he didn't need to. What the team has shown the last 2 years is an incredible capacity for patience...patience in the attack and patience in defending.

A big key is whether or not Meinhard comes back. He has eligibility left. If he does, I would expect another season of excellence for us.

BTW, Creighton has made it to the College Cup (soccer final four). Good for them and they seem offensively potent enough to win. Only IU and Syracuse of the seeded teams made it through. Pitt had an underachieving season by their standards.

I'll root for Creighton this weekend

Should help recruiting a lot. A high drafted goal scorer brings interest up and down the roster.

Reactions: TU 1978
Should help recruiting a lot. A high drafted goal scorer brings interest up and down the roster.
Not understanding your comment. AM was considered one of the best college players in the country, isn’t 49th pick a little low for him?

Not understanding your comment. AM was considered one of the best college players in the country, isn’t 49th pick a little low for him?
When you consider that the first 15 spots or so go to Generation Adidas golden boys in the USMNT pipeline for the last ten years and Alex has an EU passport and can sign anywhere it’s about right. He’s got enough talent that a club thinks he’s worth losing a second round to some lower division Europe club that can pay more and play him now. He's a great player and a great young man. He will be fine. UK didn’t have a first rounder and they had four or five guys that could play meaningful minutes in MLS right now.

Reactions: Henry Kendall
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT