Chris Harmon

ITS Publisher
Staff
Aug 15, 2002
Tulsa, OK
tulsa.rivals.com
Media release...

Tulsa Incoming Freshmen Named Gatorade Oklahoma Players of the Year

Tulsa, Oklahoma – Incoming soccer freshmen Madison Tokarchik and Will Edwards were named the Gatorade Oklahoma High School Players of the Year, as announced by Top Drawer Soccer.

A 5-6 defender, Tokarchik was a three-year letterwinner at Bishop Kelley High School. She led BKHS to 38 wins, while scoring 38 goals and 42 assists for 118 points. Tokarchik was also tabbed as a 2019 United Soccer Coaches All-American and all-region selection, and a Tulsa World Player of the Year finalist. She was also named to both the all-district and Tulsa World all-metro teams three times. Tokarchik played club soccer for the TSC Hurricane ECNL.

Edwards, a 5-7 forward, was a three-year letterwinner at Jenks High School. He helped JHS capture 36 wins, including an Oklahoma Class 6A State Championship as a junior and a state runner-up performance as a sophomore, and recorded 36 goals and 23 assists for 95 points. Edwards is a two-time Gatorade Player of the Year as he also earned the honor as a junior, while also picking up All-America and all-state honors once and all-Tulsa World accolades twice. Edwards played club soccer for the Tulsa Soccer Club.

Last edited:
I think it's important to note that Maddy's dad played at TU back in the early to mid 90s. He's also a fantastic coach. Maddy can flat out play too. It would not surprise me one bit to see her start this Fall assuming there's an actual restart of NCAA sports this Fall.

This may be Kyle's best team since he took over at TU. They were on the cusp of being really good last year. I hope they get a chance to show it this year.

Will is a good player. Really quick, really good first touch and can really create. He will need to hit the weight room. In watching the state championship game vs Union a year ago, Edwards never really got going. He did make some nice passes to set some plays up but Union has always had some nice big physical backs and they really beat him up during that game.

In seeing what TU has returning, I expect the men to be a little bit better although they will still need to settle on a keeper. This may be TUs best back line since Bradley Bourgeouis graduated. TUs problem the last 3 years has not been a lack of creativity or creating chances, it's been the consistency in the back.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT