ADVERTISEMENT

TU in both the AP and Coaches Poll ...

And, TU is ranked ahead of OU in both polls! Is this the first time this has happened in the modern era?
Probably the first time since Glenn Dobbs was a quarterback and Henry Frnka was the coach. Correction, 1964 Tulsa 18th and Gomer Jones was the OU coach and Dobbs was TU coach.

Last edited:
Just to clarify, TU is not “ranked” in the way most people use that term. We are in the “others receiving votes” category. And if I’m not mistaken, OU is still ahead of us in the Coaches poll votes. Am I missing something on that?

Just to clarify, TU is not “ranked” in the way most people use that term. We are in the “others receiving votes” category. And if I’m not mistaken, OU is still ahead of us in the Coaches poll votes. Am I missing something on that?
No.

True.

But TU was ranked ahead of OU in 1964 and in the 1940's.

Reactions: HuffyCane
True.

But TU was ranked ahead of OU in 1964 and in the 1940's.
I was using the ESPN rankings list and they list “Oklahoma” twice in each list? One of the “Oklahoma’s” is listed as dropped from the rankings? I guess ESPN messed this up!

ESPN power ranking has us 41, UCF 18, Houston 36, Memphis 40, Cincinnati 44 and SMU a little lower than that.

Doesn’t matter where you rank them, SMU is always low.

Last edited:
Reactions: TU1NNJ
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT