ADVERTISEMENT

TU has history of painful coaching exits ...

This is worth reading again. A new coach that will come to TU won’t solve the problem. I wish it would, but history says it won’t.

https://www.tulsaworld.com/sports/c...cle_f1b61fec-048b-536e-9d3a-4751551e4728.html
That article says virtually nothing about today's situation, or whether it will or won't be fixed with a new coach. And it's obvious Alumni coaches, in most situations will have a painful exit for the school and the coach. That was just a boneheaded article by Pooper Scooper to rib TU fans and try to cause more problems for the school.

Reactions: TigerCane16
That article says virtually nothing about today's situation, or whether it will or won't be fixed with a new coach. And it's obvious Alumni coaches, in most situations will have a painful exit for the school and the coach. That was just a boneheaded article by Pooper Scooper to rib TU fans and try to cause more problems for the school.
That article was written in 2014 after Blankenship was fired and before Montgomery was hired...

That article was written in 2014 after Blankenship was fired and before Montgomery was hired...
I realize that, but he was acting like it was somehow pertinent to today's situation.(Tu76) It wasn't really even pertinent to the situation back then.

Last edited:
I realize that, but he was acting like it was somehow pertinent to today's situation.(Tu76) It wasn't really even pertinent to the situation back then.
Montgomery has one more year...period . Your Christmas wish is not going to materialize .

Montgomery has one more year...period . Your Christmas wish is not going to materialize .
It might be my Christmas wish, but that is not what I was getting at in this post. And from everything I hear it is still not decided.

Pretty sure the decision at about 8 mins left in the last game to punt was the last decision Monty made with a possibility of still being a head coach at Tulsa.

He made the wrong decision and even the diehards were done and booed him.

He called a time out to correct it, by then it was too late.

Forcing his team to use a second time out because he was micromanaging them was a synopsis of his coaching career at Tulsa.

The called play that didn't take into account a blitz we have seen nearly every opponent use against us was a fitting analogy to his play calling in every year/game where he didn't let his QB's audible (Dane Evan's last six games).

The flow of the last fans towards the exits after that play was analogous to the last of his support as Head Coach.

The whole thing summed up the Monty era and its end in one nice little package, with the bow on it being that it was against the Coogs by far our most hated conference rival, and a program high on the list of hated schools by any Tulsa fan measure.

Its over.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT