ADVERTISEMENT

🏈 Recruiting TU Football -- Early Signing Day Preview

Happy that 5 of 6 have signed, particularly B. Braxton, a dual-threat QB who looks like a real stud. On the other hand, no word yet on Bill Jackson is worrisome.

Interesting choice of TU. PWO offers from Rice and Miami. He’s only 5’9” but all state QB in 7A in Arkansas. And a National Merit Finalist. Turned down athletic scholarship money from Carnegie Mellon and others.

Interesting choice of TU. PWO offers from Rice and Miami. He’s only 5’9” but all state QB in 7A in Arkansas. And a National Merit Finalist. Turned down athletic scholarship money from Carnegie Mellon and others.
Rice & NEO? 😜

• Haha
Reactions: HuffyCane
Oh it says that he is having a signing celebration so I thought that meant scholarship..... my bad.
It’s starting to turn into a participation trophy with the academic scholarship signing ceremonies, band, you name it. But I’m not gonna fault a man, even at 18, for wanting to do something he thinks will impress girls.

• Haha
Reactions: Chris Harmon
It’s starting to turn into a participation trophy with the academic scholarship signing ceremonies, band, you name it. But I’m not gonna fault a man, even at 18, for wanting to do something he thinks will impress girls.
Dang. Missed my opportunity to have a ceremony when I accepted my $2000 band scholarship and academic scholly from TU. Girls LOVE D1 drumline dudes with smarts!

Reactions: HuffyCane
Is Kittleman a walk-on or a scholarship I had seen where he had wanted to come to TU Jenks quarterback

This kid can play football. Kid that gets lost because he was playing all over the field wherever his team had a need. TU is going to turn him into a slot WR and a KR/PR and he's going to be a productive player in a couple of years. He's better than Monty's kid and I'd trust him to run a route next season over Cannon

I think the graphic may be the one given to PWOs. It’s the same as the other QB that announced he is walking on .

Hey, someone has to be bringing it from the stands! What other fan group can make a women's bball coach mad enough to flip us off or get booed by 80,000 catholics other than
Shall I list the number of times I've been flipped off and yelled at by opposing players/coaches?

I will do a couple for fun...I got flipped off by a Fresno State women's player back in the day. Afternoon game during the women's tournament. This PG had taken like 10 3's and missed all of them, the 1st of which was an airball really early in the game. My friend and I were about 2 of the 50 people in attendance. So every time she touches the ball after her airball, the 2 of us scream airball at the top of our lungs...it echoes through the empty Reynold's Center. It was pretty damn annoying. We had the band laughing their a$$es off and then they started to join us. With about 3 minutes left, she finally hits one, turns and looks directly at me and my friend and flips us off. Ref was laughing too.

I got a ref to challenge me to a fight. Again, at a women's game. I had been heckling him pretty good. He blew a call and I told him his wife was making him sleep on the couch for that one. One time down the floor I asked him how blind he actually was as I was taking up a collection for LASIK for him. He turned and grabbed his crotch. Women behind me, big booster of women's basketball was aghast at that one and said she was going to tell Trista and Cathy so they could let the league know. Next time down the court I tell the ref if he wasn't so busy paying attention to me he wouldn't have missed the TCU player taking 5 steps on her drive. He turns and asks if I wanted to throw down. I just laugh. The TPD security guy is laughing. Woman behind me says if he is this unprofessional all the time.

TU vs UNLV in football...we started a Let's Go Bayside chant and then started chanting for the backup QB "We want Zack!". Dude flipped us all off.

LaDanian Tomlinson's father challenged me a few others to a fight when we were playing TCU as it was a rainy miserable night and LT was not having a great game.

Fat kicker from Louisville (Thanksgiving 1993). On the field 10 minutes before the end of halftime. The score is 6-0 Louisville and we're heckling him. Kid was about 5'10" 250lbs. Fat little kicker. We're on him asking how many Twinkies he had eaten in the locker room. Starts saying "scoreboard". Wrong move. The reason it's 6-0 is because he missed a PAT. He never came near where we were sitting the rest of the game. (BONUS: That's the game Jeremy Bunch shoved Jeff Brohm as he was going out of bounds on the home sideline....Brohm tried to hurdle the metal bench and caught his cleat and went headfirst into the concrete stadium wall. Knocked himself out cold.)

Also, Billy Tubbs asked me to "Shut the **** up". Very loudly.

You're the one that started heckling the band geeks😁 (I can call them that...I'm one of them)
I’ll stop when Chris creates a separate forum called “TU Band”. Until then, I’m calling it nerdapalooza, unless you want to discuss that piccolo player back in like 2010 that wore the Catwoman costume to the Halloween game. How that didn’t make Sportscenter, I have no idea. Meow.

:cat:

Shall I list the number of times I've been flipped off and yelled at by opposing players/coaches?

I will do a couple for fun...I got flipped off by a Fresno State women's player back in the day. Afternoon game during the women's tournament. This PG had taken like 10 3's and missed all of them, the 1st of which was an airball really early in the game. My friend and I were about 2 of the 50 people in attendance. So every time she touches the ball after her airball, the 2 of us scream airball at the top of our lungs...it echoes through the empty Reynold's Center. It was pretty damn annoying. We had the band laughing their a$$es off and then they started to join us. With about 3 minutes left, she finally hits one, turns and looks directly at me and my friend and flips us off. Ref was laughing too.

I got a ref to challenge me to a fight. Again, at a women's game. I had been heckling him pretty good. He blew a call and I told him his wife was making him sleep on the couch for that one. One time down the floor I asked him how blind he actually was as I was taking up a collection for LASIK for him. He turned and grabbed his crotch. Women behind me, big booster of women's basketball was aghast at that one and said she was going to tell Trista and Cathy so they could let the league know. Next time down the court I tell the ref if he wasn't so busy paying attention to me he wouldn't have missed the TCU player taking 5 steps on her drive. He turns and asks if I wanted to throw down. I just laugh. The TPD security guy is laughing. Woman behind me says if he is this unprofessional all the time.

TU vs UNLV in football...we started a Let's Go Bayside chant and then started chanting for the backup QB "We want Zack!". Dude flipped us all off.

LaDanian Tomlinson's father challenged me a few others to a fight when we were playing TCU as it was a rainy miserable night and LT was not having a great game.

Fat kicker from Louisville (Thanksgiving 1993). On the field 10 minutes before the end of halftime. The score is 6-0 Louisville and we're heckling him. Kid was about 5'10" 250lbs. Fat little kicker. We're on him asking how many Twinkies he had eaten in the locker room. Starts saying "scoreboard". Wrong move. The reason it's 6-0 is because he missed a PAT. He never came near where we were sitting the rest of the game. (BONUS: That's the game Jeremy Bunch shoved Jeff Brohm as he was going out of bounds on the home sideline....Brohm tried to hurdle the metal bench and caught his cleat and went headfirst into the concrete stadium wall. Knocked himself out cold.)

Also, Billy Tubbs asked me to "Shut the **** up". Very loudly.
Great stories! Thanks for sharing.

Women's bball games are the best outlet for heckling.. You yell something and everybody in that building is going to hear it.

Great stories! Thanks for sharing.

Women's bball games are the best outlet for heckling.. You yell something and everybody in that building is going to hear it.
When I was working at TU we used to go all the time just for that reason.

Recently, I take my daughter so she can hang out with the dance team. I went to most of the games vs UCONN as well. They're just a different level. And you could hear every word Geno yelled at his team. One of the games, it's the 3rd period and UCONN is up something like 30 on TU. PG brings the ball up, makes a bad pass and has it stolen and she fails to hustle back and leads to an easy bucket for TU. Geno immediately calls a timeout and goes off on the lack of focus and hustle and puts in a walk-on to play PG for the rest of the 3rd (she replaced an All American on the court). That one little glimpse into Geno made me think he is not coaching to win games...he's coaching his team to be as close to perfect as they can.

Then of course there was always Rhonda Rompola, the old SMU women's coach. Listening to her shriek on the sidelines made me think of the mandrake scene in Harry Potter.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT