ADVERTISEMENT

TU cuts

Well that sucks. I was going to apply for the li'l bus driver position that takes the students around campus and up to Target.

Reactions: TUBballJunkie
Well that sucks. I was going to apply for the li'l bus driver position that takes the students around campus and up to Target.

Sounds like the lunch lady and the bus lady all rolled into one, what a dynomite job, my condolences.(sex appropriate for job, u don't hear bout the lunch guy very often)

So.....is enrollment down sharply? Are we having to give more money in ships and aid to attract qualified students? Article didn't really address the specifics.

So.....is enrollment down sharply? Are we having to give more money in ships and aid to attract qualified students? Article didn't really address the specifics.
I'm sure it is in the energy related majors. PE + Energy Management probably at record levels like they were in 2012 or so.

I wonder if this was a cut the fat move so the new president doesn't have to do it.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
I think incoming class size has been relatively stable.
They had a huge FR class 2-3 yrs back, probably the largest since the early 80's. This year was a little below projections. I think it is a pre-emptive cautionary move as was the experience when I worked at TU. In most cases they ask depts. to be really frugal and to justify any expenditures outside of regular office expenses and if you can justify the need for replacing an outgoing individual they usually let you.

Makes sense. The overall climate among students, politicians, and the babbling public is that the cost of college has grown too fast. I assume this is a setup so TU can say "we didn't raise tuition in X years" or to fall under any guidelines that may be imposed. Plus, constant growth breeds complacency, smart cuts from time to time can keep things efficient.

This doesn't appear to be draconian, haste, or done in a panic.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT