ADVERTISEMENT

TU Coaching Candidates

I think the guy is a terrific coordinator but I just don’t see him being the guy that brings the city and university together. I hope I’m wrong though.

Reactions: 918Golden
Indiana has only 3 winning seasons since 1994. If you ignore his first season of 1-11, he is similar to the rest of the coaches there. Also took them to 2 of the 5 bowl games in that period.

That is the best reaction to I hire that I've ever seen. I can almost see the look on your face. It's that look you get when you take a slug of milk only to realize it's a week past the best by date.
He is a proven guy on the offense side of the ball. Successful without fail as I recall.

So I will reserve judgment for now. Let's see what he does from a staff perspective.

Reactions: chito_and_leon
He is a proven guy on the offense side of the ball. Successful without fail as I recall.

So I will reserve judgment for now. Let's see what he does from a staff perspective.
To be serious for a minute, the guy's offenses have always been good. if it goes bad, I'd much rather end up 5-7 with a bunch of 56-49 losses than 18-12 losses, so worst case, it's a best case worst case.

Discipline has been so lacking in the last few years. Fights, penalties, clock management, special teams on and on. This hire should clean that up. Kevin was old school, I bet he has learned a few things as a high-profile guy in the spotlight every day. Everyone makes mistakes so let us see what he does in Tulsa.
I expect we will pick up more Oklahoma kids and portal kids as well. The NFL knows the guy so that will work in Tulsa's favor with recruits. I for one will back him 100 percent.

Discipline has been so lacking in the last few years. Fights, penalties, clock management, special teams on and on. This hire should clean that up. Kevin was old school, I bet he has learned a few things as a high-profile guy in the spotlight every day. Everyone makes mistakes so let us see what he does in Tulsa.
I expect we will pick up more Oklahoma kids and portal kids as well. The NFL knows the guy so that will work in Tulsa's favor with recruits. I for one will back him 100 percent.
I'm with you and trust that Carson, Dickson, the committee, and search firm have done their due diligence. He didn't play well with some of the IU boosters/admin and they looked for the easiest path to can him. You can't coach kids that way now days, and I'm sure he's learned that lesson while at the real OSU.

If your over 40 and played HS football you likely experienced just what Ikard described, and grew from the not so subtle reminder of being drug by your face mask, getting popped in the shoulder pads, or having a coach spitting every where while screaming at you. Not saying it was right then, but it just doesn't fly with the kids today or their mommies.

I'm sure there will be wording that reflects an understanding of such.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bill Lowery
Goodness. That was a while ago. Don't you think we would vet the crap out of him? I sure as hell do.
I hope we put specific language in his contract. That language needs to be obvious, that we would fire him on the spot,(for anything similar to that situation) without severance pay. I'm betting we will.

Reactions: okie51
Nobody on this board has a clue if Wilson can make TU a winner and if he does it will
be adios in three years , then maybe they will hire Marion . I don't understand hiring
an old coach instead of a up and comer like G.J. or Marion .
Hey I am 57. Good thing my employer doesn't hold that against me.

Reactions: Oregon alum
Nobody on this board has a clue if Wilson can make TU a winner and if he does it will
be adios in three years , then maybe they will hire Marion . I don't understand hiring
Bc Dickson wants a safe hire. Young and exciting isn’t his thing.

Wilson has seen a lot of things through the years. It’s my hope that all that knowledge he’s gained will be used to put a framework in place for success that extends well beyond his tenure.

Bc Dickson wants a safe hire. Young and exciting isn’t his thing.
I have a feeling Carson does too,(want a safe hire) at least for the moment. The timing was a little off on hiring GJ or Marion. Hopefully it won't be in 3 or 4 years, and one of them will be successful and still want to come.

Reactions: GoldenCaneKC
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT