ADVERTISEMENT

TU Coaching Candidates

I guess Colorado is going to take Prime Time off the table for us.

So for those of you wishing and hoping...

I've seen some problems on here with Matt Wells, but I really enjoyed watching his teams with Ute St. Tougher than nails, regularly near the top of league, knocked off the occasional big boy. Wouldn't be disappointed to see this one of the three named. (for a few yrs., anyway)

I've seen some problems on here with Matt Wells, but I really enjoyed watching his teams with Ute St. Tougher than nails, regularly near the top of league, knocked off the occasional big boy. Wouldn't be disappointed to see this one of the three named. (for a few yrs., anyway)
At USU he had a losing record 3 of his 6 seasons. Overall he's had losing records 5 of his 9 years as a HC. He had a 3 year stretch at USU where he was 15 - 23. He feels like a slight upgrade on Monty when we were hoping for a big upgrade.

whats wrong with odom?
That's kind of like saying what's wrong with Chili's? There's nothing wrong with Chili's. You probably wont get food poisoning and end up in the hospital from Chili's so that's good. But you're not going to get a creative or great meal at Chili's. Nobody ever said "I'm really excited to go to Chili's, it's going to be great!". If you were hoping for a restaurant that might get a Michelin star in the future, then Chili's will make you sad.

Don’t want to alarm you guys…but the Arkansas insiders are all saying Odom is a done deal.

Don’t want to alarm you guys…but the Arkansas insiders are all saying Odom is a done deal.
I’ve seen that too. How disappointing if true…. I remember when they hired Monty. I feel like most of us were excited. This one will be ho hum… Maybe that means it would result in better on field performance? Maybe?

I’ve seen that too. How disappointing if true…. I remember when they hired Monty. I feel like most of us were excited. This one will be ho hum… Maybe that means it would result in better on field performance? Maybe?
Odom can really scheme up a defense. I feel like he could do good things at Tulsa, personally

Maybe I could get behind this if they announce Marion or someone like him, today's Gus, as the OC. Get Odom on the cheap and a young genius as OC to move up when Odom leaves. I could talk myself into that. Otherwise, Odom will have a honeymoon period of like 45 minutes. Seriously, if he doesn't win a game this weekend, I'm going to be looking for his head.

Here’s some of Arky’s defensive stats;

YPG: 453.7 good for rank 123
Red zone D: .854% good for rank 82
PPG: 28.75 good for rank 90
Defense 3rd down %: .443 good for rank 116 (we were 51 this year)

This would be an awful hire.

Reactions: Henry Kendall
Highlights from Odom's Wikipedia page. The common theme - we sucked less than MO has ever sucked before! I feel the excitement building!

We were supposed to suck more than we did! "Coming off a 4–8 season in 2016, Mizzou was picked to finish last in the seven-team Southeastern Conference Eastern Division by pre-season experts, but the Tigers proved the prediction wrong, as they ended tied for third at 4–4 in league play – becoming the first SEC team to start 0–4 in conference play and finish 4–4. "​
We won a road game, guys! "In 2018, Odom's Tigers finished a regular-season ranked No. 23 in the College Football Playoff poll (No. 24 in the Associated Press poll) with eight wins, reached a second-straight bowl game, and achieved another road win."​
Good grades! "In the classroom, Odom's program achieved at a record level in 2018. The team turned in a grade point average of 2.90 this past fall, which exceeded the previous program record of 2.69 set in the fall of 2015. Additionally, 58 team members – more than half of the 115-man roster – earned a fall GPA of at least 3.0, which is almost double the total of 30 Tigers from fall 2017 who recorded a 3.0 or better. "​
We rule Thanksgiving! "For the second-straight season, Odom's team finished the regular season in a 4–0 win streak in the month of November, including a 38–17 win at No. 11 Florida on Nov. 3 that marked Mizzou's largest road win over a ranked opponent since 2008. Odom's teams have now won nine-straight games in the month of November, and are 10–2 overall."​
Finishing strong! "Odom's team won the final 2019 regular season game against 2–9 Arkansas. Odom was fired the next morning."​

Last edited:
They’ve gotten worse since he started. Many of the Arky fans are glad he’s leaving.
Including me. I'm just trying to be a glass half full for you guys lol. But hey it looks like you'll also be getting our LB coach, Michael Scherer as well. He's the real deal and is a very good recruiter

At USU he had a losing record 3 of his 6 seasons. Overall he's had losing records 5 of his 9 years as a HC. He had a 3 year stretch at USU where he was 15 - 23. He feels like a slight upgrade on Monty when we were hoping for a big upgrade.
"....we choose about truth, not facts" Pres . Joe Biden

It was not a memorable event, and it’s been an impediment in his career.

It was not a DUI.

It was not good.

If we hire someone worse than Monty...why fire him. If this is true, those of u that have faith in the current university leadership, will that wane a bit if this happens?
Ever have one of those dreams where you're wildly successful, rich beyond belief, have a gigantic, luxurious mansion on the beach, you're married to the world's 2nd hottest super model and your girlfriend is the 1st hottest super model, and then you wake up and remember that in the real world Janet Levit is still the TU president? Yeah, like that.

Ever have one of those dreams where you're wildly successful, rich beyond belief, have a gigantic, luxurious mansion on the beach, you're married to the world's 2nd hottest super model and your girlfriend is the 1st hottest super model, and then you wake up and remember that in the real world Janet Levit is still the TU president? Yeah, like that.
Why are you like this

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
I will be extremely let down if I turn my phone back on after the game tonight and it is Odom. I would hope this new admin isn't that lacking in understanding what it is going to take to compete from here on out.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT