ADVERTISEMENT

TU Coaching Candidates

I agree. I wasn’t suggesting we should be interested. If true, it completely changes my opinion of him. I’m not suggesting it’s okay to strangle anyone but if he was with his wife. Hmmm.
During what could have been one of the more important days in his life. Classy wife & friend.

Reactions: Bill Lowery
I was telling my buddy that I think we are going to hire someone we aren't even talking about, and alot of this is a smokescreen.
Interesting if true. The SBC is a tough conference for Texas St going against App, JMU, CCU, Marshall, UL, etc…If he goes there I will wish him well.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
I hope this doesn't put Milkman out of consideration as an OC, with Kinne taking the Texas St job.

Not getting Kinne is kind of disappointing. Matt Wells did alright at Utah State but had a couple of awful years and was miserable at Texas Tech. Kevin Wilson was dreadful at Indiana. I feel like with Tulsa’s history, we could do better. Maybe that’s just wishful thinking?

According to a Texas board, GJ and Marion were 2 primary candidates. GJ has the head coaching experience but Marion would bring in an exciting “Go-Go Offense”. Apparently Marion has also interviewed for the Cal OC job as well. With NSD coming up, naming a coach needs to happen quickly.

Allow me to point out that maybe a significant portion of our players, both men and women, aren’t really interested in playing for a logo of an old white man in a yellow rain jacket.
You mean they wouldn’t want to play for the man from Curious George ?!

• Haha
Reactions: OKTornadoes
I wonder if he still kisses players...
I imagine Covid put a crimp in that part of his schtick. And he probably couldn't get away with it if he wasn't the HC anyway. I imagine the Chicago Bears wouldn't let that happen, even if there wasn't covid, and/or he was HC.

Haha. After the 1st half, Owasso couldn't do much against Union and Bixby's defense, IMO, is better and faster. Union's biggest problem the last 4-5 games of the season was a complete inability to get the ball carrier on the ground at the point of contact. All their tackles were up high on the arms and the chest allowing the ball carrier to keep churning their legs. It was frustrating to watch. And Union's offensive line was terrible.

Unfortunately for Owasso, the Bixby loss to Jenks a couple weeks back awoke the sleeping giant. They played with extreme focus on Friday. And Jenks is a more multi dimensional offense than what Owasso showed against Union. The passing game was pretty much absent for Owasso outside a couple of plays. Heck, they struggled to run the ball with the tailback between the tackles. I think Bixby is able to keep Willingham in the pocket. I expect a closer game than the season opener but I still think Bixby wins comfortably, 35-14.
Union’s problem was that they never adjusted to Owasso running the QB keeper over and over and over again. I doubt Bixby will fall for that one tonight.

Reactions: Weatherdemon
Yea, I don't think that list is right at all, and I would be willing to bet ALOT that a washout like Barry Odom isn't sniffing this job.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT