ADVERTISEMENT

TU at Ark

TU1NNJ

I.T.S. Head Coach
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2004
Not starting yet on my ESPN plus 😡😡😡

Pig up 8 - 4, 6 minutes left first quarter.

Says it is on SEC+ and not on my Cox account.

Really ticks me off it is advertised as on ESPN plus which I have and SEC plus requires additional subscription. One more reason to not like the SEC. Down 24-15 at end of one.

I have Apple TV with the ESPN app and have subscribed for ESPN+. That’s all. The game shows up in featured games.

I’m on ESPN+. It asked me to log in to my Cox account, so maybe that’s the issue.

32-23

Pigs up 41-34, halftime.

bonus - if I hear the woman announcer say the word physicality one more time I’ll throw something through my TV.

34-41 at half. We had a mini run to pull closer. Not a good night for us from the line.

We are 2-8 vs 6=8 for them at the line. We are also -7 on rebounds. Other stats are pretty even as best I can tell from the ticker.

We had about 4 straight possessions in the 1Q where we drove the ball into the lane into traffic and turned the ball over. If we cut turnovers down and shoot better from the FT line, we can hang in there. I love the tempo Nelp plays at. Almost the 40 minutes of hell minus the press but it's full speed ahead once we have the ball. I noticed Arkansas struggling to get back on D late in the 1st half. Hopefully we can take advantage of that.

Reactions: TU 1978
They are also plus 7 in points off T/Os and plus 12 on fast break points.

Down 54 -48 after 3. We are 25% on FT. They have shot 1 more than us but are 75%. Make the same amount as they do it is a 1 point game. Even our best FT shooter are missing.

Reactions: Weatherdemon
Unfortunately we are down 67-60 4:26 left. Poindexter is tearing it up though

Arkansas getting the Arkansas treatment at home. Some really questionable stuff, but Nelp’s teams play hard and don’t complain. This will be an L but this team will make some noise this year.

70-79
Team Comparison
FG%44%35%
FGs27-6125-72
3FG%41%28%
3FGs12-2911-39
FT%33%64%
FTs4-1218-28
TOs179
PtsOffTO719
TotReb3547
DefReb3130
Off Reb417
2ndChPts09
BenchPts1315
PtsPaint2826
FstBkPt521
Blocks42
Steals47
Assts1711
Times Tied:2
Time Tied:1:42
Lead Chg:3
LeadTime1:1136:56

FTs, TOs and OR difference in the game. FTs usually a strong suite and our best players missed too many. TOs were made by some of our best players. Only could watch on the stats page but Hogs must have pressured well.

Yeah that FT stat tells the tale. We outshoot them….FG% wasn’t close.

That game was a lot closer than than what the score shows
The run by the Hogs in the first period was the difference. We came back stayed close but couldn’t get over the top.

I was impressed and suspect the women will challenge for the league and make the NcAA
I’m excited to see them in Reynolds

Fouls were a farce they called 25 fouls on Tulsa to 16 on Arkansas In the last quarter they had 3 we had at least 10 called on us.

14 more made FTs by Pig was the biggest stat. But the Fighting Nelps look really tough. They are going to make some noise this year.

Reactions: TU 1978
FTs, TOs and OR difference in the game. FTs usually a strong suite and our best players missed too many. TOs were made by some of our best players. Only could watch on the stats page but Hogs must have pressured well.
They didn't really pressure us. As a matter of fact, we really pushed tempo whenever we had the chance. We had 4 straight possessions in the 1st half where the ball handler dribbled into traffic in the lane and basically handed the ball to Arkansas but AR didn't really employ a press on us at all.

As for the referees and Arkansas treatment...I didn't see it but maybe on a couple of no calls they could have saddled Ark with a couple more fouls but nothing super egregious IMO. We play hard, we contest a lot of passes and we are really handsy when the ball gets low. It's a recipe for foul calls to be made against you.

This team is going to finish in the top 2-3 of the AAC. We are pretty damn good and finally have some comparable size to teams. Arkansas made more plays last night but I didn't feel they had an athlete advantage over us at all or that they had one player we couldn't play with. The fact there were stretches that Ark appeared gassed and winded and not able to keep pace with our fast break is encouraging that we will be able to force some things on a lot of teams. If teams try to press and we break it, we should get some easy baskets and we shoot the 3 extremely well from all spots.

Maddie Bittle may be my new favorite player. In Tark's words, we can bake a cake with her. She does so many things well and is one of those gritty in your face players.

Reactions: TU1NNJ
Fouls were a farce they called 25 fouls on Tulsa to 16 on Arkansas In the last quarter they had 3 we had at least 10 called on us.
I'll say it again, the fouls against us were legit calls. We over play just about everything trying to get a turnover and get out on the break.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT