ADVERTISEMENT

Trust Brad Carson!

TUFan1981

I.T.S. Junior
Apr 27, 2006
For somewhat obvious reasons, I have tremendous faith in Brad Carson and Rick Dickson. I firmly believe Monty would not have been fired if they weren't serious about raising the bar in terms of salary.

We could all sit here and throw out names of guys who we think would be great candidates and probably put together a pretty good list, but my guess is that nobody will get that close to guessing who the next guy will be. These two (Carson and Dickson) run stealth searches as evidenced by the Konkol hire and I suspect this will be very similar.

I have guys in mind that I'd like to see, but ultimately I really do trust the leadership that is currently in place at TU and it's been a long time since we could say that. One more note of caution as you follow the search...take what the local media guys (particularly the TW) with a grain of salt. Talk about throwing spaghetti on the wall and seeing if it sticks...that's all these guys are doing and they truly know nothing about the search.

Let's see what happens, but my prediction is that it will be a splash of a hire, meaning that major $$$ were dedicated to the salary of the next coach and the future of the program. Carson isn't in this to lose and anyone who knows him, knows that.

For somewhat obvious reasons, I have tremendous faith in Brad Carson and Rick Dickson. I firmly believe Monty would not have been fired if they weren't serious about raising the bar in terms of salary.

We could all sit here and throw out names of guys who we think would be great candidates and probably put together a pretty good list, but my guess is that nobody will get that close to guessing who the next guy will be. These two (Carson and Dickson) run stealth searches as evidenced by the Konkol hire and I suspect this will be very similar.

I have guys in mind that I'd like to see, but ultimately I really do trust the leadership that is currently in place at TU and it's been a long time since we could say that. One more note of caution as you follow the search...take what the local media guys (particularly the TW) with a grain of salt. Talk about throwing spaghetti on the wall and seeing if it sticks...that's all these guys are doing and they truly know nothing about the search.

Let's see what happens, but my prediction is that it will be a splash of a hire, meaning that major $$$ were dedicated to the salary of the next coach and the future of the program. Carson isn't in this to lose and anyone who knows him, knows that.
This , also I can’t believe how many idiots from the Tulsa World and Kotv Facebook pages saying we should have kept him! TU has and can do so much better

Not so sure you have salary idea correct. Konkle hire exciting but verdict pending. But I am sure the hire came with a decreased salary requirement vs Haith.

Reactions: drboobay
Not so sure you have salary idea correct. Konkle hire exciting but verdict pending. But I am sure the hire came with a decreased salary requirement vs Haith.
I have some intel on what Konkol is making and it is not a small number...they are not going cheap on this hire. Time will tell, but I think you will notice great interest in this job.

ultimately I really do trust the leadership that is currently in place at TU and it's been a long time since we could say that.
Amen to that, Brother! I'd be a little surprised if it was a big splash hire, not bc Brad wouldn't do it but bc I think he has a strong idea of the profile he needs for the position and I'd be surprised if he compromised on it for one or two news cycles of splash. This is a critical hire for his vision of TU. When was the last time we'd say that about a football coach?

Reactions: TU_BLA
if we see a few things go well over the next couple of years, then I'll trust.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT