ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal 2022-2023

That team that he narrowly lost to two years in a row? I’m pretty confident most of our guys are fast/athletic enough to play there
I thought Wright was too slow to play here to be honest. I think our former DL made Wright look better than maybe he really is. In games this year, he looked slow and he's not catching a RB, TE, or even a QB in space.

I thought Wright was too slow to play here to be honest. I think our former DL made Wright look better than maybe he really is. In games this year, he looked slow and he's not catching a RB, TE, or even a QB in space.
Wright may not be fast, but he was the leading tackler on our team. He also led the team in tackles for loss. I would also say he was one of surest tacklers & hardest hitters. I hate that he’s going to OSU, but it doesn’t change the fact that he’s a good linebacker and we’re going to need someone to step up big to replace him.

It says something that we’ve had a pretty deep and athletic LB group for a few years and Wright has been the starter. He’s a good player

He claimed he likes OSU because their culture is "western". I'm at a loss for words and that's a major facepalm.

Bro, you go there for football, not because they play Kid Rock's cowboy song at the games.
I went to OSU and "Western" would not be the handle that comes to my mind . I always considered
Stillwater a $hit Hole of a town . Going to OSU to play football doesn't give anyone a leg up over
Tulsa football in getting into the NFL draft . Ask Trevis Gipson, Zaven Collins or Tyler Smith .

I truly believe we won't hear much from him at OSU.
He's a football player in every sense. Regardless of what he may lack in speed or other perceived weaknesses he figures out what he needs to do and makes plays. He will certainly see the field at osu and be successful and we will certainly feel the loss.

Reactions: TU1NNJ
He's a football player in every sense. Regardless of what he may lack in speed or other perceived weaknesses he figures out what he needs to do and makes plays. He will certainly see the field at osu and be successful and we will certainly feel the loss.
Meh. Anyone who leaves TU for one of the in state schools I could care less about.

Moving on.

Reactions: Henry Kendall
Meh. Anyone who leaves TU for one of the in state schools I could care less about.

Moving on.
I don't disagree with you regarding not really caring once a player leaves, but he did the right things while he was here and represented us well. I may be wrong, but I believe that he completed his degree. I'm not willing to discount his contributions and abilities.

I don't disagree with you regarding not really caring once a player leaves, but he did the right things while he was here and represented us well. I may be wrong, but I believe that he completed his degree. I'm not willing to discount his contributions and abilities.
I agree that he gave us his time here and that he represented us well. I'm just saying I don't think he will be a standout there.

I agree that he gave us his time here and that he represented us well. I'm just saying I don't think he will be a standout there.
Fair enough and I tend to lean toward that opinion as well, but he will see the field and he will make some plays and I certainly won’t become a pokes fan due to his presence on the field.

Reactions: dougheffking
I think Wright wanting to wear a "mullet" is the real reason he is transferring to aggieville!

I would love for this to work out, trade a turncoat (sorry, but JW's move feels more like Allie and Akayleb's than Player's) for a play maker with a chip on his shoulder.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT