ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal 2022-2023

I'm OK with Brin and Wright leaving. Braxton leaving sucks especially if GJ comes in with his offense. Braxton could seriously light things up. Any bet Braxton ends up at Houston? UCF? Gus would love that. Hell, he might end up at OSU too...he could probably do well in Gumby's offense

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
I really detest the thought of any TU player of note on the sidelines with Gumby & Co. If it had to be in-state I would rather see them go to Goonertown. Realistically? Wright to Stoolwater and Braxton to Arky seem possible. Brin, idk?

I'm wondering if this isn't also an insurance policy, like Sam Griffin coming back.
Either way, this is reminding me of why I never liked the idea of the portal. It seems to have increased and encouraged utilization of the transfer option.

I really detest the thought of any TU player of note on the sidelines with Gumby & Co. If it had to be in-state I would rather see them go to Goonertown. Realistically? Wright to Stoolwater and Braxton to Arky seem possible. Brin, idk?
Arkansas fan here. Why do you think Braxton could come here? Is it just because his brother is committed to us?

Everyone just calm down and see what our new staff can do. We knew there would be fallout. Also, did anyone see Braxton's dads twitter? That dude could cause a serious locker room rift.
This has came to my mind a few times , and it sure seems like him and JC Santana had something against Brin , maybe it wasn’t anything big , but who knows , as far as I’m concerned , let whoever wants to leave be on their way, we need a whole new culture

Arkansas fan here. Why do you think Braxton could come here? Is it just because his brother is committed to us?
Yes, purely conjecture on my behalf. Also, I think any team that lands him has a potential great addition at QB on their hands.

Reactions: RileyWPS
How did the portal work out for Jaxon Player. I didn’t hear too much about him this year.

The 2 QBs from OU seemed to do ok.

Reactions: OKTornadoes
Wow, they just keep dropping!
Status quo would have been 5-7 seasons in perpetuity. That's what we're giving up by losing Monty and all these guys transferring. We're not losing much. Not to say we want all these guys to go but the overall Monty plus them package is a small price to have a chance at something better. And in that regard, the odds are on our side.

We just need to get a coach in place before the official portal date so they can get a jump on recruiting

Reactions: TU83
I hope Braxton is only leaving because of the coach. I fear that unless we up our NIL game, we will be a stepping stone for players as well.

Unless he is going for school (Post grad,reasons) he is a fool..
How many Cowboys in 1st round last yrs.. just saying...Thanks Justin enjoyed watching u play... hope your reasons are sound not football related

Reactions: OKTornadoes
I hope Braxton is only leaving because of the coach. I fear that unless we up our NIL game, we will be a stepping stone for players as well.
If the school's plan succeeds to become more a part of the community and to have TU games be more community events, then the NIL opportunities will improve just b/c players will be higher profile celebrities. Look at the goofy fu manchu BB guy at Gonzaga - he stayed for his SR season b/c he makes more on NILs than he would as a 2nd round NBA pick. We won't get to that level, but all these things are interlinked. I'm telling you, Brad's playing with a bigger chess board than most of us realize exists. Don't fall for the stuff from "experts" just telling you how things worked in 1990 or 2005...

If the school's plan succeeds to become more a part of the community and to have TU games be more community events, then the NIL opportunities will improve just b/c players will be higher profile celebrities. Look at the goofy fu manchu BB guy at Gonzaga - he stayed for his SR season b/c he makes more on NILs than he would as a 2nd round NBA pick. We won't get to that level, but all these things are interlinked. I'm telling you, Brad's playing with a bigger chess board than most of us realize exists. Don't fall for the stuff from "experts" just telling you how things worked in 1990 or 2005...

I’m not really basing my statement from “experts” opinions. Even if we have more than what meets the eye, if businesses or individuals don’t step up to up NIL then we will fall behind in the new AAC. Tulsa should take advantage of the opportunity of a fresh start and lead the conference by making football a priority in every way.

That sounds bad but football pays the bills. Just is what it is.

I’m not really basing my statement from “experts” opinions. Even if we have more than what meets the eye, if businesses or individuals don’t step up to up NIL then we will fall behind in the new AAC. Tulsa should take advantage of the opportunity of a fresh start and lead the conference by making football a priority in every way.

That sounds bad but football pays the bills. Just is what it is.
The problem is it's easy to say "we need more NIL money" but it's not so easy to do, kinda like saying "if you don't like being poor, why don't you go get rich". I suspect we'll have a lot of people tell us all the reasons we won't compete with this school or that school on NILs and it's true, we don't have a huge, rich fan base. My point is I think the administration isn't tied down with the old ways of doing things and old reasons we can't succeed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT