ADVERTISEMENT

Tim Dalger Out

I'm sorry to see that about Dalger. Hope his family matter turns out ok. Looks like he was having a decent year. I always liked him.

Unfortunately, the Billikens are having a bad season (9-16, 2-10 A10).

Glad Anthony Pritchard is doing well at Central Michigan (15-10, 9-3). Averaging 13.4 points. I had heard he was injured, but he played in their last game. Missed one game.

Selebangue is averaging 4.8 points and 4.0 rebounds for Arizona State (13-13, 7-8).

Sam Griffin looks like he is doing as well as could be expected, although I doubt he is playing any defense. Averaging 17.9 for Wyoming (13-12, 6-6). Still glad he transferred. Very talented, but it didn't work out for him here, at all. Stats can fool.

I wouldn't want to take away minutes from any of TU's players for those guys. Nothing against them. But none were defensive stalwarts, to say the least. No longing for starters off a 5-25 team. TU was 5-25 for a reason.

Last edited:
I'm sorry to see that about Dalger. Hope his family matter turns out ok. Looks like he was having a decent year. I always liked him.

Glad Anthony Pritchard is doing well at Central Michigan (15-10, 9-3). Averaging 13.4 points. I had heard he was injured, but he played in their last game. Missed one game.

Selebangue is averaging 4.8 points and 4.0 rebounds for Arizona State (13-13, 7-8).

Sam Griffin looks like he is doing as well as could be expected, although I doubt he is playing any defense. Averaging 17.9 for Wyoming (13-12, 6-6). Still glad he transferred. Very talented, but it didn't work out for him here, at all. Stats can fool.

I wouldn't want to take away minutes from any of TU's players for those guys. Nothing against them. But none were defensive stalwarts, to say the least. No longing for starters off a 5-25 team. TU was 5-25 for a reason.
If I had a looking glass to today, I would have considered adding Knight, Nikita &/or Chukwu.(2 open spots)

I think Pritchard had some promise with the right coach but Konkol lost last year's team b/c there was NO leadership and a bunch of selfish players. I honestly think Konkol is probably pleading his case that this is the first year of his rebuild not the 2nd...problem is if he loses any key parts to transfers b/c of NIL, then there is a good chance next year could also be year 1 of his rebuild.

I think Pritchard had some promise with the right coach but Konkol lost last year's team b/c there was NO leadership and a bunch of selfish players. I honestly think Konkol is probably pleading his case that this is the first year of his rebuild not the 2nd...problem is if he loses any key parts to transfers b/c of NIL, then there is a good chance next year could also be year 1 of his rebuild.
I don’t think we will lose any big key pieces, basketball NIL is working hard right now

I don’t think we will lose any big key pieces, basketball NIL is working hard right now
I hope working hard means a minimum of 150K next year. Even that might be way short. We've got three or four players we need to protect, and one player we need to entice to come. Hopefully those players are good academically, or we might need a little more.

If our Football program doesn't provide any NIL money to any of its players, why do you think some random donor is going to pony up $150K for our basketball team? Why would they start now instead of a year ago?

If our Football program doesn't provide any NIL money to any of its players, why do you think some random donor is going to pony up $150K for our basketball team? Why would they start now instead of a year ago?
Basketball is a different animal. Almost all NIL money is going toward basketball now and this is the first year that some crucial donors have recognized the need. Last year we had very little NIL due to inaction both from Dickson and the start up collective and thus did lose Selebangue.

Basketball is a different animal. Almost all NIL money is going toward basketball now and this is the first year that some crucial donors have recognized the need. Last year we had very little NIL due to inaction both from Dickson and the start up collective and thus did lose Selebangue.
I personally know who heads up the NIL for hoops and they’re working their ass off

Konkol would be justified in that sentiment. Regarding Pritchard, he sustained a shoulder injury and missed one game. He clearly wasn't 100% in his return, which is reflected in his minutes and production. It may be a bit before he's fully back, but thank goodness it wasn't a major injury. Konkol made every effort to keep Pritchard till the end, but understood and supported the transfer for the benefit of Anthony.

Konkol is a solid coach and great guy that puts the welfare of his players at the top of his priority list. In turn players want to be coached by him and be a part of what he's developing at TU. Given the time needed and the resources that this new environment of NIL and the transfer portal has created I think kids will stick and his staff will develop them into squads we can be very proud of.

Seriously, how does this NIL work. Do the players have agents that negotiate with the Coach,AD, etc. Does the player say I will consider team A,B,C,D, E, F? Please make your best offer and then I will choose? This is insane and not sustainable!

Seriously, how does this NIL work. Do the players have agents that negotiate with the Coach,AD, etc. Does the player say I will consider team A,B,C,D, E, F? Please make your best offer and then I will choose? This is insane and not sustainable!
Last year most of the team left to enter the portal probably because they saw they would not be significant players this year. Probably one left who we could have used but he probably needed some NIL money and at the time Tulsa had not started the Hurricane Impact program up fully. I suspect agents are out there for those 6 figure NIL guys.....not very many.

I went over to talk to Andy today to see about the newsletter for nil he said probably won’t come out until the fall . I learned a lot, several players mainly in basketball are getting nil money but must volunteer their time to do charitable type work. Basketball monies are ahead of football but football is catching up slowly. Give if you can to Hurricane Impact our NIL. By the way they deal with coaches on the NIL monies as to who should get monies

Last edited:
I went over to talk to Andy today to see about the newsletter for nil he said probably won’t come out until the fall . I learned a lot, several players mainly in basketball are getting nil money but must volunteer their time to do charitable type work. Basketball monies are ahead of football but football is catching up slowly. Give if you can to Hurricane Impact our NIL. By the way they deal with coaches on the NIL monies as to who should get monies
Probably should be careful on how much NIL detail we post on the free board. And how or who is getting the money. I do like the fact you are posting the importance of Hurricane Impact. It will be crucial in the upcoming basketball portal time.

Reactions: Weatherdemon
You are right I will not mention players names who are getting monies.

So the agents, if there are any involved, cannot negotiate with the coach, AD, or anyone directly employed with the University. At best, the coach can give them the name of who to contact with the collective. What we're seeing the NCAA do is that they're going after schools using the promise of NIL money to entice them to commit. But even after an athlete is on campus, the coaches can only be that go between with the entities and can't be promising players money...that would be the school paying the athlete above and beyond the cost of attendance and that is still not permitted under NCAA rules (as far as I know). This also keeps the athlete from being declared an employee of the university...which universities are trying desperately to prevent from becoming their reality. This latter part is going to come sooner rather than later and schools will just agree to pay the athlete their cost of attendance, plus a little extra...but then they will also get taxed on that amount and then also have to remit a good part of that for tuition, room and board back to the school.

It's only a matter of time before they're all declared professionals and college athletics cease to exist.

MR. Dickson needs to sell George Kaiser on the NIL train

If our Football program doesn't provide any NIL money to any of its players, why do you think some random donor is going to pony up $150K for our basketball team?
Very simple. The random donor is a big basketball fan, much more than football.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT