ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts from a First-Timer

Babe the Blue Ox

I.T.S. Defensive Coordinator
Oct 3, 2001
I took my mother in law to her first Tulsa game last night. Grandma is in her late 70s and was there mainly to see her grand daughter perform in the marching band.

She did seem to enjoy the game up to a point, and did have several interesting observations from a non fan perspective.

- why do the refs not seem to like us.

- are all of our players freshman and sophomores. They seem young.

- I thought the colors were blue and gold.

and most telling:

- why are we not trying to get further ahead.

I took my mother in law to her first Tulsa game last night. Grandma is in her late 70s and was there mainly to see her grand daughter perform in the marching band.

She did seem to enjoy the game up to a point, and did have several interesting observations from a non fan perspective.

- why do the refs not seem to like us.

- are all of our players freshman and sophomores. They seem young.

- I thought the colors were blue and gold.

and most telling:

- why are we not trying to get further ahead.

Gma is perceptive.

She mostly right, although the uniform thing is kind of whatever - I thought they looked great (especially the helmet). And according to social media nearly 500 others did as well. I do see her point though.

Glad she had a good overall experience besides the game outcome - the band is doing a good job. Anderson is bringing some welcome changes, hopefully he can grow the band and add about 6 more tubas.

I saw that my sister in law and her husband took one of their first date nights after having a baby at the game. Haven’t heard their opinion yet, but they’re both OSU grads with no TU affiliations. Marketing did a good job apparently (at least in their case).

Also, there was some really good crowd noise on the highlights I saw.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT