ADVERTISEMENT

THIS WEEKS GAMES

loca2874

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Jan 23, 2008
Stafford, VA
So COVID has struck again! A few games have been cancelled due to COVID.

Marshall vs Charlotte has been postponed. This is the 5th game postponed forCharlotte. Apparently the last time they played was Halloween.

Central Arkansas vs Louisiana has been cancelled by Louisiana. It doesn’t look like this game will be played at all. Louisiana is number 24 so this is a good thing for us.

Kansas vs Texas has been postponed to December 12. This isn’t that big of a deal as Kansas sucks something awful.

Georgia Tech vs Miami has been rescheduled for December 19.

with all of these postponements I believe they will push the bowl season out a little bit especially since the number of cases around the country are going up. That said here is who we need to win this weekend

Utah to beat USC - this will be Utah’s first game so we don’t know what kind of team they will have.

Oklahoma State to beat Oklahoma - I think I almost threw up in my mouth saying this. Since this is our only loss we need these guys winning games.

Tennessee to beat Auburn - the Vols have only won 2 games. Don’t think it will happen but hey it’s 2020.

Kansas State to beat Iowa State - this is doable so go cats

Wisconsin to beat Northwestern- we about to see how good Wisconsin really is because Michigan sucks bad. I don’t think Harbaugh has a job at the end of the year

Appalachian State to beat Coastal Carolina. This is one of only two games that they could lose. The other is to Liberty. Coastal Carolina and Marshall are the only leaders in a group of 5 conference ahead of us in the polls with obviously Cincinnati which we want to take care of ourselves

Cincinnati to beat UCF - we just need Cincinnati to win till we meet them

last but not least

Tulsa to beat Tulane- I would love to watch Tulsa play in the Peach bowl. For this to happen we need to win.

Reactions: TU_BLA and drboobay
So COVID has struck again! A few games have been cancelled due to COVID.

Marshall vs Charlotte has been postponed. This is the 5th game postponed forCharlotte. Apparently the last time they played was Halloween.

Central Arkansas vs Louisiana has been cancelled by Louisiana. It doesn’t look like this game will be played at all. Louisiana is number 24 so this is a good thing for us.

Kansas vs Texas has been postponed to December 12. This isn’t that big of a deal as Kansas sucks something awful.

Georgia Tech vs Miami has been rescheduled for December 19.

with all of these postponements I believe they will push the bowl season out a little bit especially since the number of cases around the country are going up. That said here is who we need to win this weekend

Utah to beat USC - this will be Utah’s first game so we don’t know what kind of team they will have.

Oklahoma State to beat Oklahoma - I think I almost threw up in my mouth saying this. Since this is our only loss we need these guys winning games.

Tennessee to beat Auburn - the Vols have only won 2 games. Don’t think it will happen but hey it’s 2020.

Kansas State to beat Iowa State - this is doable so go cats

Wisconsin to beat Northwestern- we about to see how good Wisconsin really is because Michigan sucks bad. I don’t think Harbaugh has a job at the end of the year

Appalachian State to beat Coastal Carolina. This is one of only two games that they could lose. The other is to Liberty. Coastal Carolina and Marshall are the only leaders in a group of 5 conference ahead of us in the polls with obviously Cincinnati which we want to take care of ourselves

Cincinnati to beat UCF - we just need Cincinnati to win till we meet them

last but not least

Tulsa to beat Tulane- I would love to watch Tulsa play in the Peach bowl. For this to happen we need to win.
You left out Liberty losing to NC St. and UNC(Coaches Poll) losing to Notre Dame.

This Tuesday the committee’s first poll comes out. All of this may have a big impact on that initial ranking

You left out Liberty losing to NC St. and UNC(Coaches Poll) losing to Notre Dame.
Liberty is an independent so they can’t keep us from a New Years 6 that is why I didn’t put them in the post. You are correct I could have put that UNC one in but I look at it this way, with Louisiana cancelling their game that is sure to drop them out of the 25. If UNC is lucky enough to beat Notre Dame then they deserve to be ranked higher than us. I don’t see this happening lol

Liberty is an independent so they can’t keep us from a New Years 6 that is why I didn’t put them in the post. You are correct I could have put that UNC one in but I look at it this way, with Louisiana cancelling their game that is sure to drop them out of the 25. If UNC is lucky enough to beat Notre Dame then they deserve to be ranked higher than us. I don’t see this happening lol
Why is it just the NY6 you are concerned with? That makes no sense. We want to be as highly ranked as possible, and those teams losing would move us up a spot, Liberty included. The NY6 is a pipe dream that one loss would eliminate us from. Being highly ranked, especially if we lose a game later in the season, keeps us ranked after that loss. You confuse me with your obsession on NY6 or bust? o_O

• Haha
Reactions: loca2874
Why is it just the NY6 you are concerned with? That makes no sense. We want to be as highly ranked as possible, and those teams losing would move us up a spot, Liberty included. The NY6 is a pipe dream that one loss would eliminate us from. Being highly ranked, especially if we lose a game later in the season, keeps us ranked after that loss. You confuse me with your obsession on NY6 or bust? o_O
When it comes to the group of 5 getting to a NY6 might as well be a National Championship game. You already know that. Is the season a bust if we don’t get there, no. The larger conference teams are pushing for losses so that they can move into the playoff picture. Until they make it an 8 team playoff the group of 5 will have a hard time getting a shot. If we lose a game (hopefully not tomorrow) I will be squarely on how high can we get. So yeah, I want that NY6 and we have a path to get to it.

Reactions: drboobay and TU_BLA
When it comes to the group of 5 getting to a NY6 might as well be a National Championship game. You already know that. Is the season a bust if we don’t get there, no. The larger conference teams are pushing for losses so that they can move into the playoff picture. Until they make it an 8 team playoff the group of 5 will have a hard time getting a shot. If we lose a game (hopefully not tomorrow) I will be squarely on how high can we get. So yeah, I want that NY6 and we have a path to get to it.
You should be on it right now, not after we lose a game. NY6 or not we want to be the highest ranked that we can be. And oh by the way, that helps for the NY6 as well.

You should be on it right now, not after we lose a game. NY6 or not we want to be the highest ranked that we can be. And oh by the way, that helps for the NY6 as well.
And I am. I’m shocked that I am getting so much push back from you on this. I’m not going to get too weird until I see what the committee is going to do. Come Tuesday they are driving this train. Lol

Wisconsin is really good on both sides of the ball...and Michigan is terrible. So-called QB whisperer hasn't had a good QB season since he's been in Ann Arbor.

UNC won't beat Notre Dame. UNC has had some extremely fortunate breaks in their games as well. They have an all world QB and offense but their defense couldn't stop the Chapel Hill Show Choir from scoring.

UNC won't beat Notre Dame. UNC has had some extremely fortunate breaks in their games as well. They have an all world QB and offense but their defense couldn't stop the Chapel Hill Show Choir from scoring.
That’s exactly why I wasn’t worried about that game at all. If Notre Dame doesn’t beat these guys by at least 14 I’ll be shocked

Reactions: TU1NNJ
I'm not worried about NC either, but I want to be aware of it, in case NC pulls a massive upset.

Just like I'm not worried about Northwestern, but want to be aware of it, in case they upset Wisconsin.

Oops!!! UNC v Notre Dame isn't until next Friday. Guess I didn't look at the date. 🤥😊🤭😁

X that one out of THIS WEEK"S GAMES.

Now we know why you might not have included that one.

Oops!!! UNC v Notre Dame isn't until next Friday. Guess I didn't look at the date. 🤥😊🤭😁

X that one out of THIS WEEK"S GAMES.

Now we know why you might not have included that one.
I went off the AP top 25. Next week it will be off the committee 25 so probably

TV Schedule of games to keep track of:

11a App ST v C Carolina (Espn2)

2:30p Cincy v UCF (Espn)
2:30p Wisconsin v Northwestern (ABC)
3:00p K St v Iowa St (Fox)

6:30p OSU v OU (ABC)
6:30p NC St v Liberty (Espn3) @loca2874 😜

9:30p Utah v USC (Espn)

That's gonna be a late one for USC. Won't be over till nearly 1a.

Last edited:
  • Haha
American games

Houston at SMU has been postponed
Navy at USF has been postponed.

I only post this mainly because I do t think navy will be able to play these make up games because of COVID-19.

Where does our defense rank nationally?
Now ESPN has us at 35 nationally on defense but if you only look at those who have played the same number of games there are only 3 better. If you go with same number or more there are 19 better than us according to the metrics.

Not a game that matters to us in terms of the rankings, but Nebraska is getting throttled at home by Illinois. How long do the Nebraska faithful give Frost?

Ohio State throttling Indiana as well. Pretty sure the B1G has only 2 teams that are any good and that’s Ohio State and Wisconsin. Pretty sure we could play with most of them. Cincy might finish 3rd in the B1G this season.

Reactions: HuffyCane
Not a game that matters to us in terms of the rankings, but Nebraska is getting throttled at home by Illinois. How long do the Nebraska faithful give Frost?

Ohio State throttling Indiana as well. Pretty sure the B1G has only 2 teams that are any good and that’s Ohio State and Wisconsin. Pretty sure we could play with most of them. Cincy might finish 3rd in the B1G this season.
Good question. I thought Nebraska would destroy Illinois

Reactions: HuffyCane

X
11a App ST v C Carolina (Espn2)

6:30p NC St v Liberty (Espn3)

Gonna be an interesting afternoon

:wrong: 11a App ST v C Carolina (Espn2)

• Haha

:wrong: 11a App ST v C Carolina (Espn2)

So we want OSU to win,correct ?

I hate to see a team celebrate an early TD like they just beat the world.

Act like you've been there before UCF, because you have!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT