ADVERTISEMENT

This is the Democratic Party.

Its brutal dude. I mean you hurt for the guy almost its so bad. You wouldn't want to be President and be treated this way by your devoted followers.

"Only 28 percent of Democrats in a new survey by The New York Times and Siena College expressed enthusiasm about his candidacy and 38 percent said flatly that Mr. Biden should not be their nominee."

I had a friend on the other side tell me the other day that they are about to call it, in April, in Arizona and Georgia. Pull out. Basically no money. The numbers are that bleak. Yes, I am well aware he could be floating info to me, knowingly or unknowingly. But the data almost supports no other possible inevitable conclusion.

If you are scoring at home, if they essentially concede AZ and GA, that means it is impossible for him to win unless he wins all of the following or he will lose: Michigan, Wisconsin, and PA. He has a chance in PA. And Wisconsin could turn around with focused money and a sound strategy for the working class and farmer vote. Michigan looks bleak. But it does make you wonder if our international relations policy is being influenced by domestic political concerns. The sizable Middle Eastern community in MI could be the margin of any win there.
And what about your friends who say Biden is going to beat Trump. I think I'll look at it when the nominating convention arrives for both parties. I don't think either convention will nominate anyone besides Trump & Biden, despite large contingents of both parties not wanting either of them on the ballot. You never did respond to whom they would put on the ballot in Biden's place.

Reactions: HuffyCane
I couldn't speculate about a brokered convention. Im sure we will see a lot of clickbait articles about it as we get towards the conventions. It would be someone already vetted. Newsom would be a logical choice, but he is polarizing. And California isnt going to win you swing states. It would need to be someone vetted and willing to end their career if they did not win. So someone old, which doesn't help you with the primary issue in this brokered convention, does it? Most of the dems are old enough to remember 1968, it was their first convention for most of them. They dont want that again. And it might be the fourth or fifth proposed candidate after the first two or three have dethroned Biden but a majority can't be mustered. Lincoln got nominated that way.

But just for giggles, to talk about nothing of substance and just fantasyland a little, let's say the Harris people start floating a narrative through friendly sources in the media that Biden fell or really showed his age and they believe the 25th amendment is appropriate. Crazy talk bordering on treason, but lets say they purposefully float that. And that forces delegates to have "a good faith belief" he is not suitable to be the nominee. That's the only way they cannot vote Biden. She will not be successful in getting the nomination, I would think, her unfavorables amongst Dems are almost as high as among Reps. So she takes a shot at the King and misses. Who next?

Well, if Harris is judged unsuitable, there will be a strong presumption for someone acceptable to the Obama machine who is either POC or a woman or both. Personally, I would say Sotomayor resigning to run would blow people's minds and she might actually win. Is there another person in American who could drive turnout on immigration and abortion besides her that could equal Trump? Biden could appoint her anointed replacement and she could take over if she wins and retire if she doesn't. Maybe even keep Harris on the ticket as a sign of unity. But the safe play, three or four people after Newsom, Harris, and others are judged unsuitable would be Gretchen Witmer. She won Michigan by ten points. And as I said earlier, in this board game of electing a President, without Michigan they are done.

Nominate her, throw disproportionate money into Michigan, PA, and Wisconsin and hope the other states stay in line with where they are now.

They could win that way. America might even be better off than what we endure now.

Last edited:
Biden is about 38% favorable among Dems.
Trump is about 56% favorable among Rep.
All this crap about support for israel, & group angst about the people of gaza will disappear when the general election comes around. They will all fall in line behind Biden and vote for him then. Dems are too terrified of Trump not to.

All this crap about support for israel, & group angst about the people of gaza will disappear when the general election comes around. They will all fall in line behind Biden and vote for him then. Dems are too terrified of Trump not to.
Ignore national polls or those without published methodology. It’s going to come down to specific counties in two to three states. And maybe just one: Michigan.

Ignore national polls or those without published methodology. It’s going to come down to specific counties in two to three states. And maybe just one: Michigan.
Its gonna come down to ballot harvesting, early voting, mail in ballots and broken water pipes..

All this fickleness from the public is related to who is in office. Biden didn't come in & solve all the problems of the world when he came in to tackle all the stuff Trump screwed up. He screwed up inflation for awhile due to his spending god awful amounts of money and his popularity sank. Thus Trump's popularity rose. If Trump wins office, it won't take Trump long to sink his popularity to the upper 30'a. The populace is split and never happy. That won't change until forever, or when the economy is rosy.

Its gonna come down to ballot harvesting, early voting, mail in ballots and broken water pipes..
You are describing heavy turnout. Which has cancelled it each other out in the three heavily contested cycles. Trump got the second most votes ever and lost last time.

Yield, not turnout, in the suburbs will decide it. Not just everyone who normally votes goes out and votes, but yield above that from first time and seldom voters. In three states. Sure that may be mostly absentees as you describe, but it’s college educated women single issue abortion voters versus how many non-white values voters that go Republican.

The military is pretty pissed at Biden. The UOCAVA votes could matter in some of the other swings.

I couldn't speculate about a brokered convention. Im sure we will see a lot of clickbait articles about it as we get towards the conventions. It would be someone already vetted. Newsom would be a logical choice, but he is polarizing. And California isnt going to win you swing states. It would need to be someone vetted and willing to end their career if they did not win. So someone old, which doesn't help you with the primary issue in this brokered convention, does it? Most of the dems are old enough to remember 1968, it was their first convention for most of them. They dont want that again. And it might be the fourth or fifth proposed candidate after the first two or three have dethroned Biden but a majority can't be mustered. Lincoln got nominated that way.

But just for giggles, to talk about nothing of substance and just fantasyland a little, let's say the Harris people start floating a narrative through friendly sources in the media that Biden fell or really showed his age and they believe the 25th amendment is appropriate. Crazy talk bordering on treason, but lets say they purposefully float that. And that forces delegates to have "a good faith belief" he is not suitable to be the nominee. That's the only way they cannot vote Biden. She will not be successful in getting the nomination, I would think, her unfavorables amongst Dems are almost as high as among Reps. So she takes a shot at the King and misses. Who next?

Well, if Harris is judged unsuitable, there will be a strong presumption for someone acceptable to the Obama machine who is either POC or a woman or both. Personally, I would say Sotomayor resigning to run would blow people's minds and she might actually win. Is there another person in American who could drive turnout on immigration and abortion besides her that could equal Trump? Biden could appoint her anointed replacement and she could take over if she wins and retire if she doesn't. Maybe even keep Harris on the ticket as a sign of unity. But the safe play, three or four people after Newsom, Harris, and others are judged unsuitable would be Gretchen Witmer. She won Michigan by ten points. And as I said earlier, in this board game of electing a President, without Michigan they are done.

Nominate her, throw disproportionate money into Michigan, PA, and Wisconsin and hope the other states stay in line with where they are now.

They could win that way. America might even be better off than what we endure now.
better off? not if she continues the Biden/Obama policies and agenda.

Carville playing some 4D Chess here methinks. In a backhanded way, he’s endorsing the Dem strategy of bleeding Trump in court and buying up all the TV ads in November, which the Biden people just did huge ad buys in several swings over the course of the last few days. Meanwhile the Republican war chest is lighter, disjointed and part of it is going to pay legal bills.

I think the influence of TV over elections ended in 2008, but we shall see. Carville seems to think they can turn it around if they just change tone and messaging.

The line about Biden’s poll numbers being like seeing your grandma naked is classic Carville.

Last edited:
Never a great idea to allow college kids with zero filter to talk to elderly people with reduced mental capacity

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT