ADVERTISEMENT

This is getting out of hand.

Line lifted from Trumps daily vocabulary.
When Rippen restricted himself to the Hurricane Alley, ahhhh.
Oh, no, I was talking about the game of the racisms of white white peoples that I’ve already won. BLM is a joke, racist and most importantly Marxist group that does nothing but give money to actblue. Actblue gives money ($100ms) to the democrats. Every black person I know with a 4 year degree (or higher) is voting for Trump for a reason. Here is a perfect short video example of what I’m explaining:

I wish there was at least one radish white person I’ve met in my life that I could point at & say, “Yeah, this dude’s 100% racist.” Well, there were a couple but they’re both dead & inconsequential, now. Have been for years.

Granted, I’m probably not the best person to be talking about the whites (considering I only hang out with blaccs - >90% of whom are voting for Trump, roughly 70% of the blacc ppl I mess wit but the ones who hate Trump aren’t going to be voting.)

Here we go! Another great example! Eat Sh1t LIBTARDS!!!!

LMAO I BET ESPN WANTED TO FIRE MARCELLUS WILEY AFTER THIS!!! Or whoever tf employs him! Lmao!

By the way, I know some Wiley’s myself & they are GREAT PEOPLE!!! ALL OF THEM KEEP THEIR FAMILIES TOGETHER & VALUE FAMILY STRUCTURE!!

NOT WHAT BLM WANTS!!!

Paging the doctor for an ICD-10 code on this thread.

In Historian Doris Kearn Goodwin’s biography of LBJ she quoted the following from LBJ. “Negroes, they're getting pretty uppity these days and that's a problem for us since they've got something now they never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now we've got to do something about this, we've got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference.”
Ronald Kessler’s 1995 book Inside the White House quotes LBJ as saying
“I’ll have those ******s voting Democratic for the next 200 years” as he confided with two like-minded governors on Air Force One regarding his underlying intentions for the “Great Society” programs.
LBJ was a racist MF'er. No one is denying that. He was only put on the ticket as Kennedy's VP at the insistence of the party because they felt Kennedy needed more pull in the south and LBJ gave them that. The 60's were the 60's. Now is now and it still needs to change.

Biden voted against forced busing. I get it. The forced busing issue was really despised by many suburban whites with money, not because it brought inner city kids to their suburban schools as much as it forced some of the suburban kids into the inner city schools. Those suburban families are really the ones that pay for political campaigns. At the end of the day busing kids from the inner city to the suburban district isn't likely to help the school at all, and busing some suburban kids to an inner city school doesn't help either other than being able to say the school has some diversity. At the end of the day that isn't going to help achieve the learning outcomes desired.

Crazy thing is current admin and current Sec of Ed Devos' plan is to gut public education with forcing school "choice" and vouchers. This is a back way around the segregation issue to move schools towards being more homogenous. Yeah, they call it school choice but really the only people who have that choice are those that can afford private K-12 schools anyway, now they're just getting a gov't subsidy for it. Look at Oklahoma...Stitt is a school choice (school segregation) proponent and got a crap ton of money from the folks running EPIC. Now Stitt is turning a blind eye to EPIC bilking the state out of MILLIONS. And before you get all upset, Stitt's company was fined $2.9 million for what was termed discriminatory loan practices charging POC higher interest rates and higher fees for mortgages. The FTC found that these fees were based solely on race and not on other factors which may have led to rate differences.

Reactions: Rippin
I just finished watching an ESPN special about social injustice. Not once did anyone talk about our inner cities. The murders, drugs and gangs. The quality of life which millions experience everyday in these violent drug torn areas. I left thinking these people have no real hope because those with the voices refuse to acknowledge the problems. Sad.
Because most of the black athletes ESPN covers are now making millions so instead of figuring out the true cause of the inequity they perceive, they try to institute solutions. It's like trying to fix a car without knowing what's wrong with it. Something's wrong, let's put new brakes on (when the symptom is a pinging engine).

LBJ was a racist MF'er. No one is denying that. He was only put on the ticket as Kennedy's VP at the insistence of the party because they felt Kennedy needed more pull in the south and LBJ gave them that. The 60's were the 60's. Now is now and it still needs to change.

Biden voted against forced busing. I get it. The forced busing issue was really despised by many suburban whites with money, not because it brought inner city kids to their suburban schools as much as it forced some of the suburban kids into the inner city schools. Those suburban families are really the ones that pay for political campaigns. At the end of the day busing kids from the inner city to the suburban district isn't likely to help the school at all, and busing some suburban kids to an inner city school doesn't help either other than being able to say the school has some diversity. At the end of the day that isn't going to help achieve the learning outcomes desired.

Crazy thing is current admin and current Sec of Ed Devos' plan is to gut public education with forcing school "choice" and vouchers. This is a back way around the segregation issue to move schools towards being more homogenous. Yeah, they call it school choice but really the only people who have that choice are those that can afford private K-12 schools anyway, now they're just getting a gov't subsidy for it. Look at Oklahoma...Stitt is a school choice (school segregation) proponent and got a crap ton of money from the folks running EPIC. Now Stitt is turning a blind eye to EPIC bilking the state out of MILLIONS. And before you get all upset, Stitt's company was fined $2.9 million for what was termed discriminatory loan practices charging POC higher interest rates and higher fees for mortgages. The FTC found that these fees were based solely on race and not on other factors which may have led to rate differences.
All except that last paragraph. School choice is a good thing. It’s the reason you send your kids to a private school if you can.

If you want to get into public schooling (which I attended & can be remarkably awesome) it requires a lot more funding to get better teachers & more programs for the kids who need their days filled up with more than the regular 8 hour school day. Just sayin.

Funny how police is the same way - they need more funding so that they, too, can get better qualified applicants to apply.

*everyone clap for the Rip*

My bad, I forgot! The entire point of everything is to defund the police! LOL THAT IS SERIOUSLY WHAT JOE BIDEN WOULD DO AS HE “TRANSFORMS” THE COUNTRY AS PRESIDENT! DO YOU WANT ILHAN OMAR MAKING DECISIONS FOR YOU & YOUR YOUTH?! Lmao it’s so laughable that libtards still exist - let me tell y’all something: ALL REASONABLE, MODERATE/CLASSICAL LIBERALS HAVE COME TO THE DARK SIDE! That’s right, they’re voting for TRUMP! JOIN US!!! Lmao it’s so funny cause it’s so true!!!

Because most of the black athletes ESPN covers are now making millions so instead of figuring out the true cause of the inequity they perceive, they try to institute solutions. It's like trying to fix a car without knowing what's wrong with it. Something's wrong, let's put new brakes on (when the symptom is a pinging engine).
Racist comment.

Crazy thing is current admin and current Sec of Ed Devos' plan is to gut public education with forcing school "choice" and vouchers. This is a back way around the segregation issue to move schools towards being more homogenous. Yeah, they call it school choice but really the only people who have that choice are those that can afford private K-12 schools anyway, now they're just getting a gov't subsidy for it. Look at Oklahoma...Stitt is a school choice (school segregation) proponent and got a crap ton of money from the folks running EPIC.

I don't know how someone creates this framing but school choice has a lot of support from within minority communities. I really would like to know what type of publications a person is reading that would lead them to believe there is a school segregation conspiracy. Parents want to be able to send their kid to a school that hasn't been failing for decades no matter how much money is pumped into it.

And on a related note, I have a friend living in east tulsa whose kids are in a charter school. I hear nothing but good things from him and his children are flourishing there. He's also a DACA recipient so he can't vote, but short of that he is an outspoken proponent of charter schools.

I don't know how someone creates this framing but school choice has a lot of support from within minority communities. I really would like to know what type of publications a person is reading that would lead them to believe there is a school segregation conspiracy. Parents want to be able to send their kid to a school that hasn't been failing for decades no matter how much money is pumped into it.

And on a related note, I have a friend living in east tulsa whose kids are in a charter school. I hear nothing but good things from him and his children are flourishing there. He's also a DACA recipient so he can't vote, but short of that he is an outspoken proponent of charter schools.
You framed the problem with school choice perfectly.... not everyone can realistically expect to send their kids to the schools that haven't been failing for decades. You're not going to have 1000 kids at Jenks elementary and 0 kids at the TPS programs. Hence, instead of working on sending each kid to a better school of their parent's choice outside their districts, we need to work on improving the schools in their own districts while also promoting integration. We should be working to achieve one high average standard instead of some schools being ultra well off and some being the opposite. Having good schools is fine, but when the trade off is having bad schools the result is less educated children who are more likely to struggle later on.

I do favor some schools for kids with exceptional aptitudes, but I think they should be reserved for the truly gifted rather than just being available to parents who want their kids to go there.

Reactions: Bendman
I don't favor forcing anyone to attend a poor school, regardless of whether that school can be improved in the future. This takes time and I don't want to force any parent to sacrifice their child's education by keeping them in a failing school as improvements are gradually made (after decades of pumping money in, there is no indication those improvements will occur). Let them send their child to wherever they can get the best education in the present.

Last edited:
I don't favor forcing anyone to attend a poor school, regardless of whether that school can be improved in the future. This takes time and I don't want to force any parent to sacrifice their child's education by keeping them in a failing school as improvements are gradually made (after decades of pumping money in, there is no indication those improvements will occur). Let them send their child to wherever they can get the best education in the present.
Then you are just going to perpetuate the problem. You're guaranteeing a class of "haves" and "have-nots" which is partially why we see crime problems with inner city kids that have to go to these "have-not" schools because their parents can't afford to get them out of the district.

Then you are just going to perpetuate the problem. You're guaranteeing a class of "haves" and "have-nots" which is partially why we see crime problems with inner city kids that have to go to these "have-not" schools because their parents can't afford to get them out of the district.

There's a glaring contradiction here, but I'll let you try to figure it out

Last edited:
So, stay with me...the school choice as pushed by Stitt and DeVos is one in which individuals keep their property taxes that support local schools so they can use it as a payment towards tuition at a private school. Sometimes it's referred to as school vouchers. While they claim ANYONE can do it let's think about this a little bit. A family making $150,000k per year with 3 kids, may not be willing to lay out the money to go to a Bishop Kelley or Holland Hall because it might be a strain. However, said family might be more willing and able to afford the private school if they received a $5000/yr per child credit to apply towards that private school tuition. Now take the lower income areas, the ones that are most affected by public school problems, whose local neighborhood schools tend to under perform. You have a lower income family, say making $60k for the household, that same $5000 credit per child is still not enough for the family to even start thinking about being able to make the same choice. You can look at the demographic populations and and the associated avg. incomes and you will see this makes school choice an option for middle class white families but doesn't really allow lower income minority populations the same opportunity. It's disguised as "everyone can do this" which we know really isn't true and thus becomes a thinly veiled attempt at segregating via schools.

As for charter schools...many start out strong but do just a little research as to the number of charter schools that fail within 5 years of founding. The number is staggeringly high. And the way charter schools and school vouchers work just robs the resources from the very neighborhood schools that need them to be able to accomplish the goals set before them.

Funny how police is the same way - they need more funding so that they, too, can get better qualified applicants to apply.
I think the funding for police needs to be better allocated. They need to be paid more and in return the screening and requirements to become a police officer needs to be more rigorous. Look at the majority of the models in Europe where the education requirements and training programs are much more stringent and as a result the quality of the policing is perceived as being much better with fewer incidents of abuse of power or use of unnecessary force.

Racist comment.
No it's not. As Lawpoke said no one does the work to diagnose the real issues. The athletes know to escape they have to have a 1 in a million talent. That can't be the message nor can it be the solution. Many of the athletes have been disconnected from the very problem they were able to escape. They keep throwing money at solutions but they haven't even diagnosed the problem.

A DACA recipient in East Tulsa?? You don’t say!! Lol so fitting

The answer is simply putting more money into public schools. Substantially more. Same with police. Make it more attractive to qualified applicants as a real career choice.

As for charter schools...many start out strong but do just a little research as to the number of charter schools that fail within 5 years of founding. The number is staggeringly high. And the way charter schools and school vouchers work just robs the resources from the very neighborhood schools that need them to be able to accomplish the goals set before them.

Sorry, but these schools have done poorly for decades even as spending per student has doubled and tripled. What we're doing isn't working and it's the same people over and over that stand in the way of reform. As long as that happens I'm more than happy for reformers to go around them. Charters need more oversight, but I'm fully on board with them and want to see them expanded.

Last edited:
The answer is simply putting more money into public schools. Substantially more. Same with police. Make it more attractive to qualified applicants as a real career choice.
You gonna foot that entire bill? Or at least a small million, for your block/mile of road, annually? If we we did that, it might leave our taxes at european levels. I'm sure you'd support that, not. I guess being claimed independent gets you off the claim that we need a small budget. You'd be screamin' bout being over taxed I'm sure.

Last edited:
Sorry, but these schools have done poorly for decades even as spending per student has doubled and tripled. What we're doing isn't working and it's the same people over and over that stand in the way of reform. As long as that happens I'm more than happy for reformers to go around them. Charters need more oversight, but I'm fully on board with them and want to see them expanded.
That "cost per student" metric is a bit skewed. It includes all costs to the district which includes retirement and health insurance subsidy. The teachers' health insurance costs of these school districts has risen substantially (as has everyone else's) in the last decade+.

I'll also add that overall teacher salaries went down when accounting for inflation in the years since 2000. https://nces.ed.gov/programs/digest/d19/tables/dt19_211.60.asp

That’s not true for all of them. Hence, the word “choice.”

You gonna foot that entire bill? Or at least a small million, for your block/mile of road, annually? If we we did that, it might leave our taxes at european levels. I'm sure you'd support that, not. I guess being claimed independent gets you off the claim that we need a small budget. You'd be screamin' bout being over taxed I'm sure.
Umm the money is there. Do you have any idea how many bureaucrats there are in local state & federal government that do less than the bare minimum because they know they can’t get fired? 10s of thousands of unnecessary jobs that could easily be eliminated, allowing for other parts of the government to be improved. Seriously, it’s not some super complex analysis. It’s basic economics.

That "cost per student" metric is a bit skewed. It includes all costs to the district which includes retirement and health insurance subsidy. The teachers' health insurance costs of these school districts has risen substantially (as has everyone else's) in the last decade+.

I'll also add that overall teacher salaries went down when accounting for inflation in the years since 2000. https://nces.ed.gov/programs/digest/d19/tables/dt19_211.60.asp
This is another issue - different millage rates are also an issue. Many people don’t realize how schools are funded & in some cases few people actually do because depending on location it can be incredibly more complex compared to how complex it is on average (which is still quite complicated).

Even in each district there a positions in each school that are unnecessary.

Umm the money is there. Do you have any idea how many bureaucrats there are in local state & federal government that do less than the bare minimum because they know they can’t get fired? 10s of thousands of unnecessary jobs that could easily be eliminated, allowing for other parts of the government to be improved. Seriously, it’s not some super complex analysis. It’s basic economics.
So you are going to head up the reform, so happy to hear that. You couldn't handle super complex analysis anyway, so all's good.

So you are going to head up the reform, so happy to hear that. You couldn't handle super complex analysis anyway, so all's good.
Lol surprisingly that’s exactly what I get paid to do, so yeah I could easily do it. No one asks me, though - I just live here.

Lol surprisingly that’s exactly what I get paid to do, so yeah I could easily do it. No one asks me, though - I just live here.
Where is here, faerie land, on the board as nothing but a troll, or in mom's basement?

Where is here, faerie land, on the board as nothing but a troll, or in mom's basement?
Yeah, I live in my mom’s basement. I also get paid for doing high level analytics. lol if only that were all true I can imagine how satisfying it’d be for you!

Sadly for you, it’s not entirely true. I do get paid for high level data analytics but I doubt you know the first thing about that so idk why I’m even saying it.

I guess I can just leave it with this: imagine the baddest girl you’ve ever had the luck of laying, then multiple it by 25. That’s me. In fact, it’s even possible I’ve smashed the chicc you’re with right now, real sh1t.

The worst part about what you say is the level of vitriol & hate with which you post. You may think that I do, but I don’t (aside from falsely claiming I smashed your girl, although it is entirely possible) have hate for anyone. Well, maybe white liberals.

Regardless of all that, I don’t care. I want everyone to do well. I wake everyone to be free of prejudice & the ability to market their skills to employers/markets that allow them to be paid well for what they can do.

I will never stop bashing BLM, however - not the message but the org as they are an offshoot or weather underground & “trained marxists” at the highest level of leadership. They’re domestic terrorists. They’re literally responsible for killing far more blacks than saving them, so they’re full of it. Just like big Tech.

I'd like to transition this conversation to something more civil... I saw an article today regarding a justified police killing in Detroit, and I'd like to say that this is certainly an instance where I support every action the officers took and I would, even in a society where I desired the majority of common beat-officers to not carry handguns, want certain units to carry firearms and take up arrests like these.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/lo...ce-shooting-photo-shows-man-armed/5417939002/

This was an arrest made in connection with a shooting at a Detroit block party a few days ago that left multiple people injured. I'll break down the elements here.

1. The police knew before the incident that the suspects they were to attempt to arrest were wanted in relation to a violent crime with a deadly weapon. This means that a unit could have been called in with firearms to make the arrest.

2. The unit had dash cams and body cams going for the entire arrest. This should be a requirement of all units.

3. The suspect's associate pulled a gun and shot at the officers prior to being put down. The police had every justification to use force in this situation.

4. The police correctly identified the suspect(s) they were after prior to attempting the arrest. Too often we've seen mistakes in this step of the procedure.

Yet there were still mass protests. Some of the quotes “I don’t care what the guy did they shouldn’t kill him” are straight absurd.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mlive.com/public-interest/2020/07/police-involved-shooting-leads-to-protest-teargas-in-detroit.html?outputType=amp
Of course there were still protests. You are asking people who go out in crowds in force during a pandemic to be judicious and appreciate nuance. Good luck with that.

But just because some people protest even legitimate uses of force doesn’t negate the core idea of “Maybe we use force too often when apprehending people” anymore than the “Any taxes whatsoever are theft and are illegal!” crowd invalidate the idea of fiscal conservatism.

Of course there were still protests. You are asking people who go out in crowds in force during a pandemic to be judicious and appreciate nuance. Good luck with that.

But just because some people protest even legitimate uses of force doesn’t negate the core idea of “Maybe we use force too often when apprehending people” anymore than the “Any taxes whatsoever are theft and are illegal!” crowd invalidate the idea of fiscal conservatism.

Not to disagree with your main point but one might argue the concept of fiscal conservatism as a political position of our elected officials in DC has been dead for quite some time.

Reactions: Rippin
I'd like to transition this conversation to something more civil... I saw an article today regarding a justified police killing in Detroit, and I'd like to say that this is certainly an instance where I support every action the officers took and I would, even in a society where I desired the majority of common beat-officers to not carry handguns, want certain units to carry firearms and take up arrests like these.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/lo...ce-shooting-photo-shows-man-armed/5417939002/

This was an arrest made in connection with a shooting at a Detroit block party a few days ago that left multiple people injured. I'll break down the elements here.

1. The police knew before the incident that the suspects they were to attempt to arrest were wanted in relation to a violent crime with a deadly weapon. This means that a unit could have been called in with firearms to make the arrest.

2. The unit had dash cams and body cams going for the entire arrest. This should be a requirement of all units.

3. The suspect's associate pulled a gun and shot at the officers prior to being put down. The police had every justification to use force in this situation.

4. The police correctly identified the suspect(s) they were after prior to attempting the arrest. Too often we've seen mistakes in this step of the procedure.
All cops carry guns for a reason, idiot! Wow!

What about Sgt Craig Johnson? He was shot & killed on a traffic stop right here in Tulsa last month! I’m sure you’re happy it was a white person who shot him but regardless police officers are still far more likely to be shot by a black man than any other demographic & it’s not even close! In fact, a black man is 18x more likely to shoot a police officer than be shot by one!

It’s sickening how brainwashed y’all are & how y’all just choose to ignore facts. It’s really awful. As cI r always said, hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men & weak men then create hard times & the cycle continues. You’re one of those weak men!

ADVERTISEMENT