ADVERTISEMENT

The party of PhDs?

Yeah this is not the year to be shaming people about not voting. Whatever graduation speech Obama gave recently that hit on that...it's not the year for that message.

Refusing to vote can be a statement of your civic duty too.
Don't forget, "there is a special place in hell, for women that don't vote for hrc"

It was kind of like Tulsa having to play the Sooners but only the offense decides that they want to play. The defense sat on the bench pointing out how bad a job the offense was doing without stepping foot on the field to lend a hand.

+1

All those highly intelligent Democrats drank the cool aid; accepting all the misinformation and lies bho told about obamacare.

It will not absolve you of responsibility for the results.

So I will be responsible for both major parties nominating terrible human beings, resulting in one becoming president, despite the fact that I voted for neither of them in the primaries or the general election?

IMO, if you feel they are equally bad for our country then you hold no responsibility. If you feel one of them is a lesser evil, and don't vote for them, then you are not absolved from responsibility.

Last edited:
WATU who is the strong advocate on no argumentum ad hominem first labels me a denier, then holds Redskin in need of absolution for the horrible candidates for president. Meanwhile, Eastcane accuses Junkie of being a Republican and WATU likes the post.

Are we going to conduct our posts on the basis of facts and principles or are we going to make accusations about other posters? We can't have it one way for one side and another way for the other.

Yeah I've been on the accusatory butt end of Jackie ad homina, homina-em remarks once or twice. Maybe I deserved it, but I didn't think so. (Who ever does?) ;0)

IMO, if you feel they are equally bad for our country then you hold no responsibility. If you feel one of them is a lesser evil, and don't vote for them, then you are not absolved from responsibility.

I'm not really sure who will be worse. Hillary certainly has a smaller standard deviation of terrible. You pretty much know what you're getting(and it's bad). With Trump it's a wide range. There's a small possibility he'll delegate a lot and won't be terrible. However, he's also unstable and ignorant of virtually every aspect of the job so there's also the possibility that he'll do damage far beyond what Clinton would do. Either way, it's not my fault both parties nominated someone I'd be embarrassed to vote for.

I'm not really sure who will be worse. Hillary certainly has a smaller standard deviation of terrible. You pretty much know what you're getting(and it's bad). With Trump it's a wide range. There's a small possibility he'll delegate a lot and won't be terrible. However, he's also unstable and ignorant of virtually every aspect of the job so there's also the possibility that he'll do damage far beyond what Clinton would do. Either way, it's not my fault both parties nominated someone I'd be embarrassed to vote for.

The fact that either one of them would be the best option is utterly ridiculous.

My hope is Hillary gets in: she garners the first sign post of being a female president, doesn't do a whole bunch of irreparable damage,(other than upsetting the balance of the Supreme Court, which is unavoidable) and Kasich defeats her bid for a second term off of the rep he started building in the latter stages of the primaries in this election.

(Oh and one more thing, that I never have to see Trumps face again, which probably won't happen. Lord don't fail me now!)

Reactions: WATU2
...and if Trump pulls an Accountablity Burns stunt, and enters the next several elections for President, then I may have to commit suicide...

Does anyone know where I can purchase a clothespin to secure to my nose on election day? :confused:o_O

There are other choices than the two major parties of failure. Choose a candidate from one of them.

For example, the Green Party has Jill Stein and the Libertarians have Gary Johnson.

The fact that either one of them would be the best option is utterly ridiculous.

My hope is Hillary gets in: she garners the first sign post of being a female president, doesn't do a whole bunch of irreparable damage,(other than upsetting the balance of the Supreme Court, which is unavoidable) and Kasich defeats her bid for a second term off of the rep he started building in the latter stages of the primaries in this election.

(Oh and one more thing, that I never have to see Trumps face again, which probably won't happen. Lord don't fail me now!)

Republicans could restore respect for the Senate and the Supreme Court by interviewing and voting on Obama's Supreme Court nominee who would muster enough votes easily. But that would make way too much sense. HRC will nominate someone much less "balanced".

Republicans could restore respect for the Senate and the Supreme Court by interviewing and voting on Obama's Supreme Court nominee who would muster enough votes easily. But that would make way too much sense. HRC will nominate someone much less "balanced".
Sometimes WATU gets one right! After Trump crashes and burns were not going to get a better deal .

Last edited:
A Supreme Court Justice should judge cases base on Contitutionality, not politics.

A Supreme Court Justice should judge cases base on Contitutionality, not politics.
Exactly. So why was the guy Obama chose a bad deal when by all standards he was rather moderate. If Hillary wins, the Republicans will probably wish they could get Obama's nominee back.

Respect for the Supreme Court will be diminished for some time. Doesn't matter who gets nominated, people no longer respect its authority.

Recent comments by former sc justice
Gins berg that we should revisit the second amendment as written by the authors.

Should also include the 14th, because it is totally misused today, from its original intent.

Exactly. So why was the guy Obama chose a bad deal when by all standards he was rather moderate. If Hillary wins, the Republicans will probably wish they could get Obama's nominee back.

More than rather moderate. He was lauded by Ted Cruz during his appointment to the DC Court and was approved without dissent by the Senate. Having someone other than a predictable vote on the court would restore public confidence in the court.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT