ADVERTISEMENT

The Incredible True Story of Blondy Baruti

I.I.

I.T.S. Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2003
Just saw this book and made me realize how good we might have been had he not been hurt. Jordan Clarkson treated him terribly when he was needing help in LA looking for work.

Now has starred in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 as Huhtar and has filmed several pilots for ABC.

Reactions: TU4ever2
Clarkson's an a$$.

Good for Blondy. In the brief glimpses we had of him on the court, he was crazy athletic for his size. Maybe approaching KJ level athleticism. he and Kodi may have been a formidable front court for us if they could have stayed healthy.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Clarkson's an a$$.

Good for Blondy. In the brief glimpses we had of him on the court, he was crazy athletic
for his size. Maybe approaching KJ level athleticism. he and Kodi may have been a
formidable front court for us if they could have stayed healthy.
I remember at least his first surgery while he was here was trying to fix his feet that were
apparently damaged as a child in Africa by broken glass while scavaging in garbage piles
looking for food or what ever....

It reminds me of some things I saw in Africa while in the USAF....Some, and it seems to be
more true of the millennials, are not nearly thankful enough for all of the things we have in the
good ol' USA....

He credits his TU education along with some fortunate contacts ( Bob Igor) in LA. He was dead broke for a long time in LA. Great read about Wojcik pulling his redshirt and the surgeries which wouldn’t heal. Got his degree regardless!

Just saw this book and made me realize how good we might have been had he not been hurt. Jordan Clarkson treated him terribly when he was needing help in LA looking for work.

Now has starred in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 as Huhtar and has filmed several pilots for ABC.
I haven’t read the book, can you elaborate more on how Clarkson treated him badly?

I haven't read it either, but I have a pretty good guess about how that self centered POS treated him.

They were close roommates in college but when Blondy went to LA to look for movie work which he had majored in at TU, he was living out of his car at times and called Clarkson for any help at all when Clarkson was with the Lakers. Clarkson would receive his text but never answered. When Blondy started making money as an actor later, they reunited as good friends.....all on Blondy's effort.

PS The book is in library at Hardesty Regional...good read....

Finished the book. Not the best read but everyone connected to the TU program should check it out. The portion dealing with his time at TU is short. His comments about Wojik interesting.

Speaking of Clarkson, he got a nice shoutout in this graphic...

62409866_1331495567000635_3183614439093960704_n.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT