ADVERTISEMENT

The best game you attended at Skelly Field under the command of Montgomery?

The come from behind win against Cincy has to be tops. The SMU OT win a couple of years ago was exciting too but it was a bit of a flag-fest.

Looking back though, the amount of quality wins over the last several years leaves a lot to be desired. Last great home win? Probably UCF (x2) in 2012.

Reactions: TUBballJunkie
Under Monty, FAU, simply because that was his first game, it was a most win for a successful season, and TU looked dead in the water down 10 midway through the 4th quarter.

Home: 2016 SMU 43-40. Kill SMU. Period.
Away: 2015 Tulane 45-34. Shindelar down the sideline to end the bowl drought.
Neutral: 2015 Virginia Tech. 52-55 and oh so close to beating a storied but down P5.

Houston was a great win, but I wasn’t there and the game didn’t compare to the above in excitement.

Best home win ever.
Two choices. A&m in 91 or any win over osu.

Was there for them all.
The OSU comeback from 23-3 down in the last 5 minutes is easily my favorite game that I’ve attended at Skelly. The UCF C-USA championship game is probably second. The season ender against Houston where both teams were 7-0 going into the last conference game was probably the most electric I’ve ever felt for a game when it started.

And now to answer the thread question: probably the SMU game and win in OT. I think that was when it set in that that team was special and just wasn’t ever going to give up on a game no matter how far they were down.

Reactions: Raisin_Cane
The OSU comeback from 23-3 down in the last 5 minutes is easily my favorite game that I’ve attended at Skelly. The UCF C-USA championship game is probably second. The season ender against Houston where both teams were 7-0 going into the last conference game was probably the most electric I’ve ever felt for a game when it started.
I was at the osu game, but i left early. My loss.

FAU was most exciting.

Houston was most satisfying.

Hard to say which was the "best." I guess I'd have to go with Houston because it is a conference rival and damn it feels good to be a gansta.

Best game ever at Skelly I’ve seen was the A&M game. I say two rows behind the Aggie bench and the disbelief on their faces as Penn broke free on that crossing pattern and took it to the house was priceless. (At least I believe it was Penn).

Most memorable TU game I’ve seen was actually in Stillwater. The Rubley vs Sanders coming out game. As I was walking back to my car I knew I had likely seen a future NFL QB along with the best running back I had ever seen. What a show those two put on.

Last edited:
First game vs. FAU. Especially considering I stood in the rain in Florida against them the previous year watching as we got dominated.

Reactions: astonmartin708
First game vs. FAU. Especially considering I stood in the rain in Florida against them the previous year watching as we got dominated.
Got back into my car snd drove six hours home after that game in Boca. I was in a state of rage

Not the best, but the weirdest was TU vs. Cinn. a couple of years ago...
We could not cover deep the first half, and they got off to a big lead...
In the second half, just the reverse....We kept pounding, with passes
mixed in, and tied it up in regulation....

We finally won in overtime......For some reason as we were leaving the
stadium, it still felt like we had lost.....

Not the best, but the weirdest was TU vs. Cinn. a couple of years ago...
We could not cover deep the first half, and they got off to a big lead...
In the second half, just the reverse....We kept pounding, with passes
mixed in, and tied it up in regulation....

We finally won in overtime......For some reason as we were leaving the
stadium, it still felt like we had lost.....

I remember going to the Pizza Hut after that game calling a friends Dad that left early... Telling him he missed the greatest comeback in TU history.

Now every time we are down late... I just say "you can't leave or you will miss the greatest comback in TU history... " But it doesn't work very often..

Any of the OT games were great. My favorite Montgomery game to attend was at Memphis in 2016. Just an absolute curb stomping! Everything went right for Tulsa that night!

Reactions: TULSARISING
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT