ADVERTISEMENT

Thanks for nothing NBC

TUMe

I.T.S. Legend
Dec 3, 2003
I guess most were thrilled to see the Australia versus Hungary water polo game. But why didn't NBC cover the soccer match between US and Japan? 1:30 the game is about to finish in the pool...or so it appeared. Yeah, yeah, I find out later is was on 251 or other channel depending on your provider. I guess there was a lot of interest in the Bronze Medal for water polo.

I have noticed NBC only shows the shorter competition events on broadcast. Probably so they can edit for Prime time most likely. Then stick longer events like mens and womens soccer on cable digital channels.

Would you complain as much if ABC put the match on ESPN? They are trying to make their sports channel NBC Sports Network legit, by doing that they have to put worthwhile sporting events on there to get viewers.

Oh, my complaining is not a major life issue just grumbling. I will say that ABC and ESPN make it well known when something is on the other. Also, ESPN is usually available in non Premium packages. Okay, it's a major life issue.
wink.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT