ADVERTISEMENT

Terry McAulay

quincy101

I.T.S. Position Coach
Nov 4, 2007
Here's how the conversation MIGHT HAVE gone between Coach Monty & Terry McAuley,Coordinator of Football Officiating for the AACK! Well Mr. McAulay, my team has been royally screwed by your ref crews at the end of two very important games and we are wondering what you plan to do about it? By the way, sir, have you even looked at the film of either incident?

Well,no,Coach-but here's the deal: our officials are professionals but only human. They rarely make mistakes and your claim that UH had too many men on the field and at least one person off-sides on that next to last play is virtually impossible to have been missed by our whole officiating crew. I've been told that the film clearly showing what you claim is an optical illusion based on camera angles and shadows caused by a very bright sun that day.

As far as the Navy game goes, I haven't seen that film either but there are rules our officials have to follow. But more importantly, everyone knows that it's impossible to stop Navy's rushing attack on 4th and a foot by anyone,anywhere,anytime! Not to mention the fact that Navy rarely turns it over and certainly not late in a game for the top spot in our Western Division.

We are sorry you feel mad and disappointed but consider these unfortunate incidents as life learning lessons. Good luck in your last two games and I'm certain our crews will officiate those games in the professional manner that you are getting used to.

Thank you Mr. McAulay for those enlightening explanations of why we are 7-3 and not 9-1 and ranked 20th in the nation. I'll pass your words on to my team which will understand perfectly that life just happens sometimes and has nothing to do with incompetence or personal bias. Please pass on our best wishes to your officiating crews and tell them how sorry we are that they won't have a chance to work our bowl game. TU Football: 1st,last,always!!!!!!!

Here's how the conversation MIGHT HAVE gone between Coach Monty & Terry McAuley,Coordinator of Football Officiating for the AACK! Well Mr. McAulay, my team has been royally screwed by your ref crews at the end of two very important games and we are wondering what you plan to do about it? By the way, sir, have you even looked at the film of either incident?

Well,no,Coach-but here's the deal: our officials are professionals but only human. They rarely make mistakes and your claim that UH had too many men on the field and at least one person off-sides on that next to last play is virtually impossible to have been missed by our whole officiating crew. I've been told that the film clearly showing what you claim is an optical illusion based on camera angles and shadows caused by a very bright sun that day.

As far as the Navy game goes, I haven't seen that film either but there are rules our officials have to follow. But more importantly, everyone knows that it's impossible to stop Navy's rushing attack on 4th and a foot by anyone,anywhere,anytime! Not to mention the fact that Navy rarely turns it over and certainly not late in a game for the top spot in our Western Division.

We are sorry you feel mad and disappointed but consider these unfortunate incidents as life learning lessons. Good luck in your last two games and I'm certain our crews will officiate those games in the professional manner that you are getting used to.

Thank you Mr. McAulay for those enlightening explanations of why we are 7-3 and not 9-1 and ranked 20th in the nation. I'll pass your words on to my team which will understand perfectly that life just happens sometimes and has nothing to do with incompetence or personal bias. Please pass on our best wishes to your officiating crews and tell them how sorry we are that they won't have a chance to work our bowl game. TU Football: 1st,last,always!!!!!!!

Well Done !

another complain should be on having to play a football game the day after thanksgiving starting at 7:30 pm., The game will not be over until well after 11. This the 3rd late night game in a row.. It will be close to 1am before fans get home. If the weather is real cold the stadium might be empty by the 4th quarter,

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT