ADVERTISEMENT

Temple at Maryland

Bill Lowery

ITS Recruiting Analyst
Staff
Sep 29, 2001
3 minutes into the 3rd quarter Temple leads Maryland 28-7. Maryland has 63 yds (10 rushing) and Temple over 300. Is Texas really really bad? We might be in for a long evening. I hope not.

Yeah Texas is like 3 or 4 win season bad potentially. I'm still not sure what to think of us though. Throughout that game I thought we were the better team, but we had players peeing their pants.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
Yeah Texas is like 3 or 4 win season bad potentially. I'm still not sure what to think of us though. Throughout that game I thought we were the better team, but we had players peeing their pants.
I mentioned I was afraid the game would unfold just as it did...just as it did in Arkansas in 2008. I knew TU was better than Arkansas in 2008 but we didn’t show up to play the first 10 minutes. Texas game we didn’t really show up to play the entire 1st half.

I still think our defense is a lot better than anyone wants to give us credit for. It’s even better when Collins is on the field in place of Edmiston.

Yes, I'm afraid Texas is bad. Maryland was absolutely hapless. Zero offensive points bad.

Texas v. Maryland was a pillow fight.

Central Arkansas plays later, but certainly looks like a good FCS team. Still hard to tell if the score made the game closer than it appeared, but I can't shake the concerned feeling from a 4th qt comeback against an fcs left.

BUT... That doesn't mean Tulsa isn't learning and growing. Second half vs Texas was almost error free football, that goes a long way to a W. Sophimore QB should have room to grow. Defense unit back togeter gathering steam.

And I can't ascertain if Arkie State is solid or not.

I think we learn a lot about the team tonight. As long as it ends in a W I'm satisfied. Need this W to get in the bowl hunt.

Reactions: URedskin54
Bet those $6 tickets you could find on Stub Hub this week can probably be had for about $2.50 if UNT holds on and wins this one.

Should we just go ahead and cancel the rest of the season?
If they go ahead and lose this one, the entire state of Arkansas will be looking to the game against us as maybe the only game they might win all season. And maybe against Ole Miss. That’s it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT