ADVERTISEMENT

Summer Slow Time: What's Your Favorite Uniform Combo?

goldenhurricane2

I.T.S. Head Coach
Gold Member
Sep 9, 2006
Mine are:

1. Gold, Blue, Gold
5c9ffcd813b49.image.jpg

2. Gold, Red, Gold

f6ae9e88-8725-42ea-9b04-b0023b059ad5-large3x4_tugame.jpg

3. Gold, White, Gold
71523.jpeg

4. White, White, White
OKGLWQ6RR5DXNL7MZ6UHP7DKZM.jpg

Mine are:

1. Gold, Blue, Gold
5c9ffcd813b49.image.jpg

2. Gold, Red, Gold

f6ae9e88-8725-42ea-9b04-b0023b059ad5-large3x4_tugame.jpg

3. Gold, White, Gold
71523.jpeg

4. White, White, White
OKGLWQ6RR5DXNL7MZ6UHP7DKZM.jpg
IMHO
1. Is the best home uniform and should be used most games
2. Is special - wear it on one key game a year
3. Is the best road uniform (either gold, white with blue pants or all white with gold helmets is okay occasionally)

I hope we wear #2 on 09/03/2022(we own those suckers wearing red); all the rest-#1. TU Football: 1st, last always!

1. Gold Blue Gold
2. Gold White Gold
3. Gold Red Gold
4. Some white or blue helmet combos are fine

Also, never ever wear black unless it's the ALL blacks unis with the Hurricane flag helmet decals.

There's also gold, blue, blue
Collins_Zaven_vs_SMU_2020__DSC_0658.jpg

and gold, blue, white
usa_today_9757603.jpg

and gold, white, blue
DGQ180908110_TUL_at_TEX.jpg

and white, blue, white
5fb749da10f5e.image.jpg

and blue, blue, white
shamari-brooks-tulsa-golden-hurricane-football.jpg

and white, white, gold
tu_football_celebratory_2020.jpg
I like all of those. I know I’ve said it 100 times, but I’ll always be partial to the all-whites, especially if there’s the Evel Kneivel stripe on the helmet. Not sure why.

I like gold helmets, blue jersey and gold pants best. The Red uni they wore against Memphis last year was spot on. White jersey away.

One of Blankenship's teams wore a gold helmet with a big T on the front. The only wore them once, with the red uniform. I think it was TU's coolest looking helmet ever.

Reactions: Okietch51
One of Blankenship's teams wore a gold helmet with a big T on the front. The only wore them once, with the red uniform. I think it was TU's coolest looking helmet ever.
That was a throwback helmet. Worn during the 2011 home game vs Marshall. There was a red "T" with blue outline at the front of the helmet; this design was chosen to resemble helmets worn by Tulsa during the 1940s, though a photograph of the old helmet appeared to show a white helmet with black "T".

2011-10-tulsa-vs-marsahll-posting-2.png
1945-tulsa.png

I like the black unis! They seem to be used for Thursday night games once every 5 years

With apologies to our AD, this is the coolest uniform we have ever worn, even with the Hurricane flags facing the wrong way on one side of the helmet.

But cool isn’t classic. Gold helmet, blue jersey, gold pants. That’s the ticket. I’d love a gold jersey that is true old Gold, not mustard or baby puke.

I hate the Stormtrooper look and teams that wear them show a remarkable degradation in their performance. Some gambling site crunched the numbers and teams suffer something like a 20% drop in covering the spread versus their historic performance home or away when wearing them. They need to go.

Didn't we wear a green and gold against Wyoming? I am probably wrong. I believe it was red and gold. against Wyoming(Rader's last game).

I vote #2.

Last edited:
Question: In order to build the brand, should we stick to traditional home & away uniforms for 10 out of 12 games. That way casual observers get more familiar with who we are?

Would fans like this? Would players? Would it work?

Question: In order to build the brand, should we stick to traditional home & away uniforms for 10 out of 12 games. That way casual observers get more familiar with who we are?

Would fans like this? Would players? Would it work?
Did Rick Dickson pay you for this post?

Favorites from recent memory are the Killian era Gold-White-Golds and Gold-Blue-Golds
art1a.jpg

db-lono-manners-bears-down-on-qb-james-killian-by-jamm-aquino.jpg
These are my favorite combos. The red outlines on the numbers made them pop and included the too few referenced red in our color scheme.

I would like to see an occasional gold chrome helmet used in these combos for special games at night. There's something about the chrome lids with the little sparkle under the lights.

I would love a uniform very similar to this. Graphite gray instead of black and blue lettering instead of white. Add in red accents.

Ask and you shall receive - this obviously didn’t come into fruition (it’s from the Blankenship era), but still cool to share since you specifically called out a design we had but never wore:

7-AE1-FD1-F-A235-4683-83-DD-7-BABE2-DC3-A31.jpg

Ask and you shall receive - this obviously didn’t come into fruition (it’s from the Blankenship era), but still cool to share since you specifically called out a design we had but never wore:

Put that away. You’ll give Rick a heart attack.

haha that made me rethink my decision...

I just threw up a little.
The yellows were just bad.

The white helmets with the hurricane flag central line and the block Tulsa lettering weren't bad but the white jerseys with the blue sleeves sort of like a Cowboys alternate uni were not good. Even the psychedelic bug out helmets weren't the worst thing ever (and we won a key game down at Rice wearing those).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT