ADVERTISEMENT

Start time for New Mexico

mcane

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2003
when will we find out? I have a weekend commitment and am trying to work around the game time.

I think people would complain about the start time regardless of when it is. However, it seems that the later the start time (late afternoon into the evening) are much more desirable than 11-12 kickoffs. Obviously when the game is on tv, TU has no choice in the matter... however, with espn3, TU gets to select the start time. I was really hoping this game would be a 6:00 or 7:00 start.

Maybe they were trying to make sure that TU / OU fans weren't going to skip the TU game just to watch the end of the OU game

Reactions: cmullinsTU
I should have realized it would be after the Alzheimer's walk on campus.

Unless I read a quote from a coach or the AD that says it is related to charity, I am more apt to believe it is to gain a competitive advantage with the extra half day or it is an effort to show you respect the players as people by giving them Saturday night off. The ARE in college after all. They have team meal and then team activities followed by curfew on Friday. It ain't prison. You gotta let them see their girlfriend(s) once a week.

Any news on Navy?

If it is a day game have to miss for a wedding. Hope it is night.

Unless I read a quote from a coach or the AD that says it is related to charity, I am more apt to believe it is to gain a competitive advantage with the extra half day or it is an effort to show you respect the players as people by giving them Saturday night off. The ARE in college after all. They have team meal and then team activities followed by curfew on Friday. It ain't prison. You gotta let them see their girlfriend(s) once a week.
It's because of the Walk to end Alzheimer's.

Reactions: TUBballJunkie
The walk and the cause is of personal significance to the Montgomery family. There is zero doubt they purposely wanted to combine it with tailgating and football festivities into one longer event to promote attendance and attention for both.

Reactions: ShaneB72 and TU_BLA
There's not enough room for AAC at the moment on real ESPN channels in primetime. It's SEC and Big XII, with evening AAC matchups relegated to ESPN3.

The real TV AAC games week 3 and 4 are all earlier in the day. Real TV always preferable.

It could be CBS College Sports Channel they get AAC games as well and usually in Primetime. Last week I think Tulane and Navy fell into that slot.

It could be CBS College Sports Channel they get AAC games as well and usually in Primetime. Last week I think Tulane and Navy fell into that slot.
Navy games are not part of the American broadcast package yet. CBSCS has exclusive rights to Navy home games.

Reactions: TU_BLA
Uhhh, I believe my post, which you quoted, said Navy home games and the example above that talked about AAC time slots and CBSCS was Tulane AT Navy. I'm not sure why I needed correcting.

Uhhh, I believe my post, which you quoted, said Navy home games and the example above that talked about AAC time slots and CBSCS was Tulane AT Navy. I'm not sure why I needed correcting.

My DEEPEST apologies. How could I have posted something so insensitive?

There's not enough room for AAC at the moment on real ESPN channels in primetime. It's SEC and Big XII, with evening AAC matchups relegated to ESPN3.

The real TV AAC games week 3 and 4 are all earlier in the day. Real TV always preferable.
not if you have to attend a wedding...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT