ADVERTISEMENT

Spurs Meltdown

Novocaine

I.T.S. Head Coach
Mar 15, 2004
How much of this is just Chelsea / Arsenal / Newcastle stepping up their game, lack of finishers at Spurs, or Harry Redknapp's imminent move to England to blame? Is there still a hangover from last summer's Modric transfer meltdown?

I can't rub any salt being a City fan, but don't you post this every year?

Ha! Hadn't thought about that...

What do you attribute City's mild implosion to?

It seems that Modric and Bale are playing like they're at United and Barca already. Outside of Parker and Walker, the rest of the team seems lifeless.

You have to wonder if this is it for Friedel. He seems to be on cruise control. Giving up that goal against the Hoops was out of character, even if he was looking into the sun.

I often wondered if his abrupt departure from the USMNT had more to do with a past match fixing problem and those involved wanted him to fix a USA match, etc. than any personal or club issues. Just speculation, no facts or anything. It just seemed weird that he would abruptly quit. And now and again he tanks certain goals/games. Match fixing is common elsewhere in Europe. I dont know why England would be immune. Its one of the reason I like MLS. The teams are even and nobody cares enough to fix the games like Serie A. Its a true competition. The guys certainly arent playing for the money or the huge crowds or fame, etc.

As for City, I dont really look at the table until January, so it was no surprise that they faltered. They've got quite a lot of money wrapped up in certain players and those players will have to play. Plain and simple. And that's disrupting other parts of the team.

United have left the back door open and City have a chance, but I dont give them much. There's a reason a nobleman coaches United and a foreign mercenary coaches City.
This post was edited on 4/24 8:14 AM by HuffyCane

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT