ADVERTISEMENT

Spring Practice Silence

quincy101

I.T.S. Position Coach
Nov 4, 2007
We are 6 or 7 practices in & has anyone heard anything about who's doing what to who in spring practice? Has someone lowered the "cone of silence"? You would think it would be one of the most productive ever.

We are 6 or 7 practices in & has anyone heard anything about who's doing what to who in spring practice? Has someone lowered the "cone of silence"? You would think it would be one of the most productive ever.

I heard Ilhan Omar has been attending the practices and said “some people did something”.

I’m not sure if she was talking about the offense or the defense.

I thought he meant that Monty had the team practicing The Sound of Silence by Simon and Garfunkel....I’ve heard Davis Brin, much like Uncle Rico, is a world class tenor.

Last edited:
Reactions: TULSARISING
I thought he meant that Monty had the team practicing The Sound of Silence by Simon and Garfunkel....I’ve heard Davis Brin, much like Uncle Rico, is a world class tenor.
Brin is about to throw Oklahoma State over a mountain

We are two weeks in to spring ball and I have only seen one article or report on practice. Has the interest level dropped that low? I am really anxious for this season and would love to at least hear about who is gone that we thought would be here, who is new that looks like they will contribute, what are some key positions battles, etc..? I would imagine the receivers love getting in sync with Brin and finally playing with the best QB for most of the snaps. SMH.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
We are two weeks in to spring ball and I have only seen one article or report on practice. Has the interest level dropped that low? I am really anxious for this season and would love to at least hear about who is gone that we thought would be here, who is new that looks like they will contribute, what are some key positions battles, etc..? I would imagine the receivers love getting in sync with Brin and finally playing with the best QB for most of the snaps. SMH.

*sigh

Brin will start great, probably amazing first two three games. Then we'll see the Monty Effect in full force. The "why is he holding the ball so long", the indecision will creep in more, the seven runs up the gut for two consecutive series, and a turnover on downs, it'll just spread. Happens every year but Evans' senior year.

I heard that The Beach Boys’ Pet Sounds album is being played repeatedly at the practices in an effort to get Goldie trained at tee retrieval.

Flying under the radar is a good thing for this team. They have experience and talent coming back but also several key unknowns. They need to come into next season with a chip on their shoulder and not getting love or coverage from the press certainty fuels that fire 🔥

Last edited:
I heard that The Beach Boys’ Pet Sounds album is being played repeatedly at the practices in an effort to get Goldie trained at tee retrieval.
I heard that Wojcik was seen asking the security guards if he could come into the "concert"

WOOOOOULNDN'T IT BE NICE IF WE WERE OLDER..........

She's learning to fetch from the master of fetch n step it.

Doug, I'll beat you with a stick, Wojcik.

• Haha
Reactions: TU 1978
Poor Goldie has developed a case of arthur-itis & doesn't run so good anymore. So, TU has hired the Springer-Spaniel Mule Skinners(see avatar at left) to chauffeur her around. The female (Marilyn) drives while (Joe) rides shotgun. All coaches, players & particularly the guy in the red ballcap better watch their A$$ when Marilyn is driving Goldie around the field.

No need for this comment on a public board where his parents or the player or his brother may come to check things out. We all understand the comment and the QB situation.
Agree 100 percent. I wish Seth a successful and quick recovery and nothing but success. I am sure he wants to compete and contribute to his highest ability.

All the reporters and copy space have been allocated to ORU. That will change this week I’m sure. We won’t have to wait until the game. Plenty time to talk about practice.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT