ADVERTISEMENT

Spring game thread

TULSARISING

I.T.S. Offensive Coordinator
Jun 21, 2017
For those of us that can't make it!
Would appreciate some insights of what goes on today!

Cloudy, cold, and windy for those attending. Is this really mid-April?

Its cold, wet and windy. Feels like football weather. Only sad thing is i had to leave my 4 month old at home today with the wife. I guess we'll break him in in September.

Zach smith makes prerty good decisions throwing the ball, and very accurate. But not very good pocket presence.

Defense just had their first stop on third down with a sack.

Reactions: TULSARISING
Can somebody tell me if they saw Hill playing at corner?

Last edited:
Quick thoughts:

Skipper and Boomer should be 1 and 2 based on what I saw today. Skipper seems more comfortable than last season and boomer impressed me.

We have 4 legit running backs who can get the job done. We are set in that department.

Oline looks good.

D line looks good.

LB and secondary need improvement but it’s hard to get a read on them with all the injuries.

Only fg was a 37 yd attempt that was good by walker.

Punter didn’t punt and there were no kickoffs.

Oh and I got a free hat.

Keanu Hill is listed as #1 on the roster, never saw him on the field.

Ramadi Warren did play some at the end of the scrimmage. Several played ahead of him.

I thought the secondary and linebacker play looked better than last year.

Keanu Hill is listed as #1 on the roster, never saw him on the field.

Ramadi Warren did play some at the end of the scrimmage. Several played ahead of him.

I thought the secondary and linebacker play looked better than last year.
Did you notice the play of Burnett and/or Zaven Collins at LB.

Reactions: TULSARISING
Skipper with 4 td drives
Boomer with 2
Either our defense is that awful or we have established ourselves on offense again. Or both!
Spring Ball is over so it's time to get the fishing poles out to make the spring and summer go by quicker! Ready for the Central Arkansas and get back to TU football!

I thought Skipper in particular was sharp, almost always on target except for one overthrown open long ball. The OL made it a piece of cake for the runners. I rarely saw anything on defense that encouraged me the D would be improved. I'm hoping the holdouts from injuries change that in the game.

I came away feeling confident TU could beat both CArk and Ark State here to start the season. I'm hoping that TU can compete in Austin and Fyville and not come away with injuries. The road schedule is really tough. TU could easily win all 6 home games. Getting to 2-2 to start conference is important.

Can we do anything to get rid of the Maravecic picture that keeps popping up.

Reactions: TU_BLA
Arkansas is going to have one of their least talented teams in years. Even though the game is at a place where we haven’t won in most of our lifetimes, I think we have a real shot. Texas will be tough.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Arkansas is going to have one of their least talented teams in years. Even though the game is at a place where we haven’t won in most of our lifetimes, I think we have a real shot. Texas will be tough.
Don't you know you can't hook a Hurricane ?!

Reactions: TU Pilot
As far as the secondary, Reggie Robinson at corner & Christian Williams at safety both looked good. I didn’t see Hill or Wadley at corner & Mitchell or Bunch at safety today. Whitfield may have played a little.

Bottom line is most of our main secondary players didn’t take the field today. Two that did, played well.

Arky had their worst team ever the year that John L Smith was the coach and we still couldn’t best them. I can’t imagine this team being worse.

Even if they are worse, can easily imagine refs being worse to make up for them being worse.

Worse than the one that dropped the offensive pass interference flag on our receiver while he was flat on his back? It’s going to be hard to get worse than that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT