ADVERTISEMENT

Spring 2021 Mens Soccer

Tough break. Open goal shot missed from less than 5 feet from goal with a minute left. He had to shoot off the less favored foot cross body. Really tough. Still a great great season and so much to be proud of. Great season guys. Thanks for the work.

It was a fun season. I feel like future is bright for this team.

That may have been the worst tv production I have ever seen. No goal line cams for replay. Blurry and way too zoomed in. And worst of all, the clock was wrong almost the entire 2nd half.

Reactions: Gold*
Liberty: Doubtful on the tourney bid.

The men's field is only 36 teams this year (It's the full normal 48 for the women btw).

Tulsa isn't ranked by the coaches in the Top 25.

We aren't in a P5 conference with a history of strong tourney showings, like the ACC or Big 10.

We are ranked at 58 in RPI. Which is the second highest in our conference and that doesn't say much.

So we are at the highest edges of the bubble. And there are only 8 at large berth, I believe. Don't quote me.

We do have some things going for us.

First, Mac is back. And his tenure and credibility will be taken into consideration when you look at how the team turned around so quickly this year.

We have the conference POY.

So an At-Large is possible, but unlikely.

Sadly, I could see TU telling them they don't have the money to participate, since every game will be in NC and we would be looking at either being gone for a month or several unbudgeted trips back and forth.

It doesn't matter if they go or not. This group was special. They went 15 months without playing. That's a crazy time for a soccer player to go without a game that means something in an era where the off season is 5 weeks for the pros. So much gratitude for these kids sticking with it and playing for each other.

Last edited:
All of the ball has to go over all of the line. Im not entirely sure that happened and I don't think anyone could see it. But yeah, that was totally a goal and a total home job. You can tell the way the keeper reacts, he initially gave body language like EFF!
I know there was no definitive camera angle to show it completely over the line but the GK was entirely in the net and the ball hit him in the gut on the follow up shot.
This will be the perfect case for the NCAA to start using goal line tech in the future. And it's relatively easy to do.

Not our night. These looks got better and better. The one at end was a heart breaker.

UCF goalie is really good.
He's not. He butchered a ton of plays in this game mostly due to poor footwork and technique. I'll be honest, I wasn't impressed with any of the goalkeeping in the conference tournament, including Cline. The decision making was spotty at best for the 4 and the footwork by the Temple and UCF GKs made me question what they work on in drills. And good GK coach will tell you moving your feet correctly is the most important thing for a GK.

Reactions: HuffyCane
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT