ADVERTISEMENT

Spotlight Theater

jesterondirt

I.T.S. Offensive Coordinator
Sep 28, 2006
Lived my entire 39 years of life in the Tulsa area and finally made if to the Drunkard for the first time. Interesting show. I think the historical significance makes it better than it actually is, but we had a great time nonetheless

Lived my entire 39 years of life in the Tulsa area and finally made if to the Drunkard for the first time. Interesting show. I think the historical significance makes it better than it actually is, but we had a great time nonetheless
Never think to do this. Many people?

It’s an amazing venue and just so Tulsa. My buddies and I arranged for a concert there in high school, except they never had one again because some idiot broke a window. But oddly we did have a party there in the same era for some reason.

Reactions: jesterondirt
Amazing that The Drunkard is still being performed after all these decades. It was going strong back when I lived in Tulsa 45 years ago. I have never attended, may have to make room in a future trip up north to do so.

So a group of us are going August 27. It’s been a crazy long time since I’ve been. Tickets are only $20. It’s a great evening to go, before fb season starts!

So we had a great time last night. Agree completely with Jester, the historical aspect makes it better than it is. I’d been there maybe 25 years ago, it seemed less professional with poorer production this time. But still a completely unique evening, and well worth going.

The outside of the building looks terrible. Years of neglect. The stucco needs power washing and maybe a coat of paint. Landscaping and handrails are bad. Seems like a group of citizens could donate some time, cash and elbow grease and help restore a landmark.

Edit: It looks like they tried to raise $4 million in 2013 for renovations. Don’t know how that turned out, because it looked like nothing had been done. Maybe they should try taking it in smaller bites. Sorry, thinking on my keyboard.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT