ADVERTISEMENT

Sports Animal LOVES Blankenship

barrister1602

I.T.S. Head Coach
Jan 24, 2007
Had to turn off middle of the day show with Big Al and Pat. Those condescending a-holes drive me nuts. Same ole crap about TU will never be good, too hard to win at TU, TU is lucky to have a coach the caliber of BB, etc.

Guess what idiots: From 2003 to 2012, TU won more football games than just about anybody in the freakin country. TU can be good -- really good. This coach is what brought us down. He changed the style and the culture of football from a high scoring, winning atmosphere to one of the worst in all of football. Recall when we were on tv every week. We were gaining fans from all over who were impressed and excited to see lil ole TU beat up on larger schools. Now we suck so hard that espn is dropping us.

All this is because of BB. Quit trying to blame the school. We only lost at most 5 players due to the academic stuff. Those 5 weren't exactly 5 star difference makers. Look at who was recruiting them besides us -- nobody's. With Graham, he went toe to toe with the big boys on recruiting. Yes, we lost out on most, but he got enough good players in here that we could at least compete. Now we are awful.

Another year of BB will be disasterous to the program. Stop the bleeding NOW. Shame on Sports Animal and the other media hacks trying to defend BB because he is their personal friend. No one ... I repeat ... NO ONE is bigger than the program. But these aholes in the media think BB should be placed ahead of the football program this he is killing.

Oh, and I hope that Pat JOnes and is phony, folksy condescending a$$ dies in a fire.

Rant over.

Too many self interested parties. Poplinis paid by TU and BB used to be on the radio station with Al and Pat.

Frankly, I don't many TU grads with time to listen to either program. Most of us have jobs and thus things to do during the day. I don't have time to listen to some guy who didn't graduate from OSU make fun of a previous caller who is a Mizzou fan who has never been to Columbia. It's just a waste of time.

Agree with junkie - 1430 called out a good buddy of mine by name on the radio for being a "dbag hater" for his opinions on twitter... Won't be listening to them anymore.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Why is the media hell-bent on defending BB? They act like the fans are stupid for wanting him fired. Why all the media love for this coaching abomination?

Originally posted by Gold*:

Frankly, I don't many TU grads with time to listen to either program.Most of us have jobs and thus things to do during the day. I don't have time to listen to some guy who didn't graduate from OSU make fun of a previous caller who is a Mizzou fan who has never been to Columbia. It's just a waste of time.
how could you when you're posting over 26,000 times to a rivals site. you are such a busy, important person.

We all knew this would happen...I even kicked out a post predicting the radio personality responses per subject...

They're not gonna bash BB...it's much easier (and less personal) to bash TU as an institution.

Its really a media culture in Tulsa right now. Al was tutored by the late great Jerry Webber who must be turning in his grave. Jerry was one fine person and broadcaster and was a very good citizen of Tulsa as well. Not so much Mr Jerkins.

But Jerkins is just mirrroring what 1550 does every day. The idea that there is even college FB being played in the city of Tulsa puts an inconvenience on their down time. They gladly cover the Sooners and Aggies, but then "must" also throw in TU even if it "is" really close by. But the litmus test for any media outlet is who and how many writers and sportcasters they send to cover a West Virginia game from the Big 12. Its pretty standard practice to send several "locals" to cover the Mountaineers, but stay home when TU plays ECU or Marshall in the past.

P Jones likes to bring up stuff on cue like the smelly old dressing rooms at TU when he coached. I don't know, maybe they did smell for some reason, but for a guy from Podunk, Arkansas who obviously knows how smelly a barn is . . . well you get the jist.

I loved the Kelly Hines article where BB said I get text all the time by fans that tell me they love me and i'm a great coach. I guess we are all wrong about him. lol

Originally posted by barrister1602:

Frankly, I don't many TU grads with time to listen to either program.Most of us have jobs and thus things to do during the day. I don't have time to listen to some guy who didn't graduate from OSU make fun of a previous caller who is a Mizzou fan who has never been to Columbia. It's just a waste of time.
how could you when you're posting over 26,000 times to a rivals site. you are such a busy, important person.
Hey now, you begged me to come out of retirement.

Originally posted by barrister1602:

Hey now, you begged me to come out of retirement.
Truff. You're one of the few you "gets" my awesomeness.

The local sports media guys also loved Rader, year after losing year.

The most important target market for a college football coach is talented high school football players, not the middle-aged (& older) local sports media group.

barrister, you are the biggest instigator on this site - telling Gold he "must be important"; well, how important are you? All you do is sit on here bashing everything everyone says because you think you are perfect.

News flash - nobody in the real world gives a damn what you have to say
This post was edited on 11/22 10:28 AM by NayNayJenkins

Originally posted by Tulsafanzz:
The local sports media guys love any TU coach, year after losing year, who doesnt force them to take time out of covering OU, OSU and other "revenue" topics.

The most important target market for a college football coach is the mothers and grandmothers of talented high school football players.
FIFY

Talking crap about Pat Jones (raised in Little Rock,Ark) is really weak sauce, especially taking into account that if you really had the nads to talk to him on the radio or in person he would chew you up into puree and spit you right out. I dare you to give him a call...let us know what day ur confronting him.

Originally posted by canefansincerhome:
Talking crap about Pat Jones (raised in Little Rock,Ark) is really weak sauce, especially taking into account that if you really had the nads to talk to him on the radio or in person he would chew you up into puree and spit you right out. I dare you to give him a call...let us know what day ur confronting him.
You assume that anyone gives a flying flip what he would say. And why, pray tell, does being raised in Little Rock have anything to do with anything. I'm sure he knows more about football than most of us, but you don't have to be on a hook and ladder crew to spot a dumpster fire.

This post was edited on 11/23 5:57 PM by TUMe

Jerkens has been washed up for years.

The root word for his name should give a clue.

Blakenship's ability as a D1 head coach is about the same as Obama pretending to be a U.S. President.

Dumbfounded that neither has been fired yet.

My sky is blue.... but I am convinced that many see it as Pink with Purple Poka Dots.

Originally posted by NayNayJenkins:
barrister, you are the biggest instigator on this site - telling Gold he "must be important"; well, how important are you? All you do is sit on here bashing everything everyone says because you think you are perfect.

News flash - nobody in the real world gives a damn what you have to say

This post was edited on 11/22 10:28 AM by NayNayJenkins
NayNay = GoldGold.

Nice troll though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT