ADVERTISEMENT

South Carolina State Game Thread

ctt8410

I.T.S. Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2003
No ESPN this time, so hopefully someone cleaned the cobwebs off Hurricane Vision.

SCSUM (their acronym, not mine) returns 4 guys who started at least 8 games last year for a team that went 8-22 against D1 and ranked 347 out of 353 teams in KenPom's adjusted Defense Metric.

This will be the first of 8 straight road games for these guys in the next 3 weeks as they cash checks to keep the lights on for home games in the MEAC.

We should win this game by at least 20.

Reactions: Gold*
No ESPN this time, so hopefully someone cleaned the cobwebs off Hurricane Vision.

SCSUM (their acronym, not mine) returns 4 guys who started at least 8 games last year for a team that went 8-22 against D1 and ranked 347 out of 353 teams in KenPom's adjusted Defense Metric.

This will be the first of 8 straight road games for these guys in the next 3 weeks as they cash checks to keep the lights on for home games in the MEAC.

We should win this game by at least 20.
Let's hope.

I am kind of interested in the game against the California Baptist Lancers next week. Had to do a double take, but it seems they are D-I. In the WAC, no less. Their schedule before meeting TU is against San Diego Christian University, which I've never heard of despite living in San Diego for 5 years, and oddly, ORU. Go figure. I wonder if they will go home during the three day interlude between playing ORU and TU, or if they will just stay in town.

Reactions: ctt8410
I want to hear how Bruce pronounces “SCSUM.” I cant listen to radio tomorrow but if someone can get a recording of that, I will be grateful.

You could make that a ring tone. Hell, that should be every meme here. “SCSUM, brau. SCSUM1111!”

How much does SCSUM suck? Some suck, totally suck, or not suck at all? Only SCSUM can show how much they suck or don’t suck. Which could be all, some, or not at all. At sucking. And I’m referring to SCSUM. Which is a college that plays tackle basketball. And maybe even football. They probably suck or don’t suck or just suck some. Yeah, I’m talking about SCSUM.

Your friend,

John Klein

Reactions: cmullinsTU
OK, one more and I’m done:

Isn’t the namw SCSUM the inverse of “Oklahoma is OK?” Or is it the same thing said very poorly?

Let's hope.

I am kind of interested in the game against the California Baptist Lancers next week. Had to do a double take, but it seems they are D-I. In the WAC, no less. Their schedule before meeting TU is against San Diego Christian University, which I've never heard of despite living in San Diego for 5 years, and oddly, ORU. Go figure. I wonder if they will go home during the three day interlude between playing ORU and TU, or if they will just stay in town.
This is CBU's first year in D1. They are the Golden Lancers. A friend of mine is one of their Assoc. ADs. He's from Tulsa and former athletic dept. employee at ORU. I believe they are staying during the interim time as my understanding is Mike will be in town for 5 days.

Reactions: Clong83a
I want to hear how Bruce pronounces “SCSUM.” I cant listen to radio tomorrow but if someone can get a recording of that, I will be grateful.

You could make that a ring tone. Hell, that should be every meme here. “SCSUM, brau. SCSUM1111!”

Bruce will be in Memphis tomorrow so I guess you'll have to settle for Rollo's pronunciation.

This is CBU's first year in D1. They are the Golden Lancers. A friend of mine is one of their Assoc. ADs. He's from Tulsa and former athletic dept. employee at ORU. I believe they are staying during the interim time as my understanding is Mike will be in town for 5 days.
Cool, good to know. Explains the Tulsa road trip, for sure. I'll wish them luck (except next week) and hope for a good first year in D-I.

Cool, good to know. Explains the Tulsa road trip, for sure. I'll wish them luck (except next week) and hope for a good first year in D-I.
I think the game with us was probably a throw in for them and the game with ORU was probably something they wanted to try and do because both schools are CCCU schools.

BTW, I'll scout ORU for the board tonight. I expect they'll win tonight against some bible school from Kansas, but I think they will struggle with D1 competition this year, including CBU. Missouri State whipped them by 30 the other night. I expect, provided we show up to play, that we will beat them by about the same margin.

Yeah they added it to ESPN3 yesterday. The yooler game is the only one left not set for tv.

Goodness gracious...I hate playing Yooler...and it’s a home and home!

You’re welcome for bringing it up again...

Despite being listed in the ESPN app as such, the game is NOT on ESPN3. It is only available on tulsahurricane.com. Hopefully it works and we don’t have to resort to fight club.

No ESPN3 or Tunein radio for those of us not in Tulsa.

I would have rather had this game available than the :crap:show from Memphis earlier. Thanks for nothing, TU.

And hurricane vision is crap that doesn’t work half the time. I gave up on it a couple of years ago.

Well, I may be frozen out. I used to have a Hurricane Vision subscription but cancelled when we got the ESPN contract. I tried to sign up for the one day but since my Email is in the system it wants me to log in. I no longer know my old password so I have to reset it. It’s been “resetting” for 15 minutes now.

Reactions: Rippin
Under 16 timeout and we’ve already seen 9 players.

Not surprisingly because of that we have absolutely no flow on offense thus far. Winning 5-2.

Ahead 4-2. We have had 13 substitutes in 6 minutes. No continuity

The game appears to be a real offensive effort so far.

I swear Don King just said “a foul is called. Someone on the back of someone.”
don-king.jpeg

Reactions: cmullinsTU
Agree on subs but we are not shooting well at all. Wide open 6 footers. Fortunately Carolina shooting worse

We have about 259 interchangeable wing players. Unfortunately, none of them are good shooters.

Zeke Moore is uber-important to this team.

Reactions: t-townpod
Extremely impressed with the improvement in Joiner's shooting form

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT