ADVERTISEMENT

Somebody wants Tulsa or ECU out of the AAC

I’ve seen several AAC schools over the past year express a similar desire. The timing of the formation of the AAC was quite fortunate for TU. Our two revenue programs need to improve going forward.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
I’ve seen several AAC schools over the past year express a similar desire. The timing of the formation of the AAC was quite fortunate for TU. Our two revenue programs need to improve going forward.
We have one less to worry about with Uconn out.

Reactions: lawpoke87
What a bunch of crap spouted by a d-bag.
I agree that we need to up our football and basketball presence. But I guess these guys don’t know about our football and basketball successes. How many of these programs have had top 25 rankings in both, and more than once. And who said we are academically inferior to the other schools in the AAC?!?! What drugs do they take?

What a bunch of crap spouted by a d-bag.
I agree that we need to up our football and basketball presence. But I guess these guys don’t know about our football and basketball successes. How many of these programs have had top 25 rankings in both, and more than once. And who said we are academically inferior to the other schools in the AAC?!?! What drugs do they take?
It's Florida , too much sun has gotten to his head

I can't really disagree with them in football. We draw no attendance and have been terrible for two straight seasons, and only 1 season in the past 6 years above .500.

Our institution financial woes hit us at a poor time, otherwise, I suspect we'd dominate the AAC in championships just like we did during our time in C-USA.

The article deliberately left out basketball or they wouldn't have an argument against us and would need to replace us with Tulane for the article. However, as @TULSARISING said they've probably gotten too much sun and don't realize Tulsa and Tulane are different schools. I won't give them too much grief, they can't be too smart if USF was the best school they could get into.

I got some choice words for that C you next Tuesday. People should find his email and twitter and unload. Tulane offers absolutely nothing athletics wise.

I got some choice words for that C you next Tuesday. People should find his email and twitter and unload. Tulane offers absolutely nothing athletics wise.

The only thing they potentially add is market but, I don’t think they add anything there realistically.

The article deliberately left out basketball or they wouldn't have an argument against us and would need to replace us with Tulane for the article.

Conference affiliation doesn’t have much to do with basketball these days, unless you’re UConn of course.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
No member is going to be expelled from the AAC involuntarily. Dropping football would be the equivalent of a voluntary exit. Maybe that is the plan behind the UConn move. It's pretty weird to incur the costs UConn will have unless football is tossed to the FCS.

If anybody should be talking about TU, it shouldn't be South Florida , their " good team" has gotten lucky to beat our 2 crappy teams the past 2 years

Just a pure opinion based article where the data doesn’t align with his desire/narrative.

He even notes that TU has won a ton of conference championships.

As many of you mentioned, basketball was completely ignored.

Even if football is the primary topic, he fails to mention that TU has been to two bowl games and has a 10-win season since joining the American.

To me, the only justified dataset he has to “pick at” is our attendance numbers, but that’s an issue with several AAC schools.

He even listed our $1B endowment...

Smu has attendance problems like us. They have bately been competitive in football, and their basketball is in decline.

Smu has attendance problems like us. They have bately been competitive in football, and their basketball is in decline.
SMU soccer routinely has more fans than their football team and is a whole lot more successful.

Our football team is better too...and our stadium has more character than theirs, which is a high level HS stadium in that part of Texas (heck I think McKinney ISD and Allen ISD have better football stadium complexes than SMU...and routinely draw more fans than SMU). But I will say Moody is a great place to watch a game, especially after the renovation. Old gyms like that have character and tell good stories (ala Cameron). If you've ever walked past Cameron and didn't know that's where Duke played and someone mentioned it you'd wonder why a program like Duke plays in such an old building that is so small.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT