ADVERTISEMENT

Some MLS video

Ummm ... yeah. Anything with Temryss in it is amazing.

Not to mention, you can see Huffy behind the goal in some of those Disney tourney highlights.

MLS Direct Kick package is $60 for the entire season and streams all games to a laptop or Roku. That's a pretty damn good deal for all games, archived.

You'll have to call them. The technology they are using will allow it, but they have to switch it on. They've had the ability to stream to mobile devices since the iPhone was released, but this is the first year they are really pushing it. Last year was the first year they offered it at all and at an extra charge, iirc.

The website mentions iPhone/pad, panasonic, and roku, not Sony devices.

I was this close to buying a mini pack or two season tickets to Sporting KC this year, but with two little kids, couldn't pull the trigger. I definitely want to try to make it out to Portland this year if I can and catch a game or two there.

Portland had 18,000 at their first preseason match with announced starting lineup of mostly reserves. Most teams in the EPL couldnt draw a crowd like that to such a match. Absurd.

Portland's stadium, while not ideal for soccer, is unique enough that it has character. I wish we could play on grass everywhere though. I wonder if LSP in KC has addressed their grass issues from last year.

They claimed at the time that it was overuse, since KC started the season with a long road trip, then a long home stand with other events on the field during that time.

Bruce Arena was livid when LA played there, but only because I think he thought at the time the pitch had more to do with the tie result than KC being a legit playoff quality team.

Now that the field has a chance to grow through the sand base and rest for a few months, I would think the pitch will be the world class field it was designed to be. Believe it or not, several top flight teams, including Barca, came to KC to copy some of the innovations at LSS Park, including the turf and drainage system.

Bottom line: KC weather stinks for quality turf. Super hot in the summer. Super cold in the winter.

I heard some of the issues were due to the glass roof not letting in enough light in the corners, etc. Fieldturf at that palace would be a shame.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT