ADVERTISEMENT

Social security, Medicare, in trouble

I've been paying into Soc Sec and Medicare since I was 14. That's a long time ago.
I've contributed a lot of money over the years.
The better not screw me, as I'm close to drawing. Waiting until full Soc Sec Retirement age.
Hope it works out for everyone, regardless of your age.
the "P" word does.

One complicating element with retirement has been the termination of pensions by many companies. Private companies that used to offer pensions have by and large switched to 401Ks and similar retirement accounts. The military, teachers unions, police and other public employers still offer pensions, but increasingly those pension obligations are proving too expensive to honor and threaten to bankrupt some states.

Reactions: Bill Lowery
One complicating element with retirement has been the termination of pensions by many companies. Private companies that used to offer pensions have by and large switched to 401Ks and similar retirement accounts. The military, teachers unions, police and other public employers still offer pensions, but increasingly those pension obligations are proving too expensive to honor and threaten to bankrupt some states.
i get more from my 20 years with an ira, than 50 years with ss.

I don't understand.
SS//Medicare are running out of money and congress may have to cut benefits.

there are no limits on benefits for covid relief, welfare, food stamps, student loan forgiveness, a guaranteed monthly stipend.

California is offering free health insurance to illegals. WHY?

The government made me pay into ss and medicare for 50 years from my pay check. and now that I am retired I still have to for part b and medigap. also the government says the funds are running out.

why does the government disenfranchise hardworking law abiding taxpayers?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT