ADVERTISEMENT

So most news sources are ignoring the Hunter Biden issues.

Depends upon whether he sells pardons like Bill Clinton did. There’s plenty of parents who would let their 50 year man-child, who has received every possible advantage and squandered it all, to teach him a final lesson as you retire, go to jail for a brief time and collect $5 to $10 million dollars directly or indirectly, from someone else instead of Hunter. The pardon power is unlimited but the ability of the bureaucracy to process them is limited.
You mean like Trump did???

Based on his residence I would say not much flows directly to him and his estate. Hopefully a good portion is making it to his pet project Habitat for Humanity, where he has been richly involved for years. Weak President, but the epitome of service and grace as a former president.
Which residence are you referring to, the multimillion dollar farm he lives on with a modest house on it his Dad built, that was millions in debt when he left office and is now one of the largest privately held farms in Ga or his beach island house worth around $3 million? He is to be commended for his public demeanor domestically since leaving office. Running around the globe undercutting US foreign policy is a different matter.

But most people’s belief about Carter is the product of a carefully cultivated image with the press of this aw shucks Truman style farmer. But Carter isn’t going to die penniless in his mother-in-law’s house. That’s the yarn they tell us about Truman, when Truman actually took $6 million in book fees. Or $10 million like Eisenhower. The Gettysburg Farm he accepted was truly troubling.

Be careful believing what you are told. Every ex-President has a marketing team. And President Carter has been playing the poor farmer statesman role since Watergate when he was worth millions then and is worth more millions now. Many suspect it’s now quietly hundreds of millions. Contrary to popular belief, including bluegold’s message above, he makes between $800,000 and $1 million a year in speaking fees. The money goes to the foundation and he’s paid a portion. We don’t truly know what comes in. He’s just not sleazy about it like Clinton or brazen like Ford was. How American political lore gets started and ingrained in our knee jerk reactions is fascinating.

Dont get me wrong, he’s done some great things since leaving office. But what we know isn’t always the full picture and we should ask why.

Last edited:
Which residence are you referring to, the multimillion dollar farm he lives on with a modest house on it his Dad built, that was millions in debt when he left office and is now one of the largest privately held farms in Ga or his beach island house worth around $3 million? He is to be commended for his public demeanor domestically since leaving office. Running around the globe undercutting US foreign policy is a different matter.

But most people’s belief about Carter is the product of a carefully cultivated image with the press of this aw shucks Truman style farmer. But Carter isn’t going to die penniless in his mother-in-law’s house. That’s the yarn they tell us about Truman, when Truman actually took $6 million in book fees. Or $10 million like Eisenhower. The Gettysburg Farm he accepted was truly troubling.

Be careful believing what you are told. Every ex-President has a marketing team. And President Carter has been playing the poor farmer statesman role since Watergate when he was worth millions then and is worth more millions now. Many suspect it’s now quietly hundreds of millions. Contrary to popular belief, including bluegold’s message above, he makes between $800,000 and $1 million a year in speaking fees. The money goes to the foundation and he’s paid a portion. We don’t truly know what comes in. He’s just not sleazy about it like Clinton or brazen like Ford was. How American political lore gets started and ingrained in our knee jerk reactions is fascinating.

Dont get me wrong, he’s done some great things since leaving office. But what we know isn’t always the full picture and we should ask why.
Thanks for the enlightening response, and I concur with regards to his efforts to undercut foreign policy. Though it won't sway my opinion regarding his humanitarian efforts and service to the less fortunate at home, I certainly need to do some research and educate myself regarding his wealth and how it was obtain. One thing I'm certain of is, and mind you I was very young at the time, that his time in office was some of the most horrendous in the history of the Republic.

Reactions: HuffyCane
Thanks for the enlightening response, and I concur with regards to his efforts to undercut foreign policy. Though it won't sway my opinion regarding his humanitarian efforts and service to the less fortunate at home, I certainly need to do some research and educate myself regarding his wealth and how it was obtain. One thing I'm certain of is, and mind you I was very young at the time, that his time in office was some of the most horrendous in the history of the Republic.
Which is why they’ve thrown money at rehabilitating his image as this low profile Christ-like figure hiding in the shadows of politics with his Obi-Wan Kenobi living in Plains and hiding from the empire routine. Far from it. Dont believe it.

Which is why they’ve thrown money at rehabilitating his image as this low profile Christ-like figure hiding in the shadows of politics with his Obi-Wan Kenobi living in Plains and hiding from the empire routine. Far from it. Dont believe it.
it's "Emperor's new clothes"

Eye roll. You paint him as Palpatine. The guy can barely get around anymore.

Eye roll. You paint him as Palpatine. The guy can barely get around anymore.
You aren’t old enough to remember him collecting millions in charitable donations then turning up in places like Libya and North Korea triangulating himself with murderers and terrorists in the name of “human rights.”

You aren’t old enough to remember him collecting millions in charitable donations then turning up in places like Libya and North Korea triangulating himself with murderers and terrorists in the name of “human rights.”
Seen it in the little research I've done so far.... Certainly not the image the handlers have led us to believe.

Triangulating? None of his activities seem to have seen him supporting those governments. His brother was an idiot who got involved with Libya admittedly.

I would be much more worried about Trumps ongoing candidacy and his ties to foreign governments. Does Jared Kushner’s ties to UAE / Saudi implicate Trump? After all, Kushner was actually a senior official in his administration.

Triangulating? None of his activities seem to have seen him supporting those governments. His brother was an idiot who got involved with Libya admittedly.

I would be much more worried about Trumps ongoing candidacy and his ties to foreign governments. Does Jared Kushner’s ties to UAE / Saudi implicate Trump? After all, Kushner was actually a senior official in his administration.
Think you’re focusing on the wrong son

Triangulation in this context means inserting yourself into a conflict without specifically supporting any side but their mere presence legitimatizes the complaints of enemies and competitors of the USA that have no legitimacy. While it does not give aid and comfort to people who are enemies of the United States and therefore treasonous, it dances right up to the line of violating the Logan Act. What it actually does is provide our enemies with propaganda victories and erodes domestic support for current administration policy. Carter didn’t seem to care if it was a Republican or a Democrat when he pulled these stunts and few people seem to ask publicly if he was being paid directly or indirectly for doing it. Same goes for Jesse Jackson, Jane Fonda, Paul Manafort, Sean Penn, Jay-Z and others that turn up in war zones with plans for “peace” that nobody asked their opinion on.

Reactions: noble cane
Foreign actors providing false information to an American political party sounds eerily familiar.

Foreign actors providing false information to an American political party sounds eerily familiar.
Both parties fall for this crap way too easily, when the news services them. You would think politicians on both sides of the aisle would be a bit more skeptical, instead of getting egg on their face a couple of three or eight months later.

Last edited:
So the whistleblower was a long time FBI informant? At some point doesn’t the FBI need to answer for the people they are paying to provide them with information ? Seems to be a reoccurring theme here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT