ADVERTISEMENT

So I guess you heard ....

If your defense can play to the level of your offense with Gus, you should have a Top 15 program.

The big thing will be if UCF can muster the cash to bring in a pool of assistants that Gus wants and he has experience dealing with. It’s one thing for him to cash out and take a lower paying job. It’s another for him to attract a semi-intact staff with SEC paycheck expectations. If it goes south for Gus it will be one of three things:

1). He has to hire younger assistants he isn’t comfortable with;

2). He has to adjust to a current group of players that didn’t want him and know he had to be convinced to take the UCF job.

3). He suffers through PTSD every game day having flashbacks to the 2007 CUSA Champ game in the Bounce House where the GOL built defensive line swallowed his offense whole and spit it out.

If I had to hang out with one of them for a weekend, i would choose Monty all day.... sorry but Gus freaks me out a little bit

Reactions: HuffyCane
Gus is a weird dude. Observed this first hand.
Had a friend who told me that back in 2007 when his kid signed with SMU and both parents went to TU. I thought it was a weird comment but over the years I hear things like you were saying. I only met him a couple of times and thought he was fine. I did note that his office was spotless with nothing on the desk except the Bible.

He was quiet and unassuming. He didn’t seem much different than our current assistants. I’m not sure he believed in himself as much as Graham did.

I will always love him and the other staff for all the love they showed to Catbird. That was a special time.

I hear they hired or are trying to hire Herb Hand to take the OL spot. He just got hired last month at Charlotte.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gmoney4WW and Gold*
ADVERTISEMENT