ADVERTISEMENT

SMU Kickoff TBA

Babe the Blue Ox

I.T.S. Defensive Coordinator
Oct 3, 2001
The announcement of kickoff times for next weekend's games is being held back until after this Saturday.

Makes it hard to plan things on a holiday weekend.

The announcement of kickoff times for next weekend's games is being held back until after this Saturday.

Makes it hard to plan things on a holiday weekend.

Its because Houston won't quit cooging it. SMU wins out and they win the west.

If Memphis beats SMU then Houston vs Memphis is the big game if Houston wins this week.

Reactions: HuffyCane
On cbs sports network if anyone is interested. I’m ready to put this season behind us.

It seems a sacrifice to set aside the time to watch it ...

Since Spectrum seems to have a problem making CBSSN unwatchable, I probably won’t be tortured watching another Monty production. Hopefully it’s his last.

Reactions: Midwest11
Since Spectrum seems to have a problem making CBSSN unwatchable, I probably won’t be tortured watching another Monty production. Hopefully it’s his last.
You can stream CBSSN online, if u log in to your cable provider, if that helps any.

The Mrs. LEC has a birthday so I don't think getting loaded at Skelly in the afternoon is a good idea. Hope the BOT notice all the empty seats.

I remember a time when SMU beat us and their coach got fired the next day. Maybe we'll hit that kinda jackpot. Win. Fire Monty.

Colorado just fired their guy. I was national coach of the year two years ago and if they beat Cal on Saturday will go bowling.

The Mrs. LEC has a birthday so I don't think getting loaded at Skelly in the afternoon is a good idea. Hope the BOT notice all the empty seats.

I remember a time when SMU beat us and their coach got fired the next day. Maybe we'll hit that kinda jackpot. Win. Fire Monty.
Mike Cavan. SMU went cheap and brought a FCS guy in. Big mistake. Tempting. But a mistake.

I hate SMoo and this is always a grudge game for me, whether or not either team has a wining records. Surprised no one has mentioned that a TU W keeps SMoo out of a bowl game. That, plus a 65 degree projected afternoon, is enough to get me out to the game. I too hope that this is Monty's last game, but I lay low odds on that outcome. Vegas says SMoo by 2.

Only worry is that a win puts us at 3 which is 'improvement.' Could be an excuse to extend the debacle. But must cheer to win anyway.

I'll be there. The weather will be nice and the beer will be cold.

A win that keeps SMU from going to a bowl game would be fantastic.

We did improve, we have better players than 2 years ago...especially on defense. Our play calling and pace have sucked all season.

We should have 3 players on defense who make all AAC teams in Collins, Edmiston, and Whitfield. Bennett should be the all AAC punter. Miller should be an all AAC player too. IMO, Whitfield should be in the mix for AAC Def POY

A win that keeps SMU from going to a bowl game would be fantastic.

We did improve, we have better players than 2 years ago...especially on defense. Our play calling and pace have sucked all season.

We should have 3 players on defense who make all AAC teams in Collins, Edmiston, and Whitfield. Bennett should be the all AAC punter. Miller should be an all AAC player too. IMO, Whitfield should be in the mix for AAC Def POY

Talent is not an issue and hasn't been one under Monty. Dane and the rest of them were good, just looking at their results under Monty they were talented enough to win even with him running things. The new guys aren't quite that good yet.

Beautiful day for TU football & a win costs SMU a bowl game. That’s enough for me to be there.

Talent is not an issue and hasn't been one under Monty. Dane and the rest of them were good, just looking at their results under Monty they were talented enough to win even with him running things. The new guys aren't quite that good yet.
I don't quite get the naysayers saying the talent is the issue.

I don't think Monty's getting fired, win or lose to smu.

I don't think Monty's getting fired, win or lose to smu.
Unless he runs out on to the field and punches an SMU player, pees in public at Utica Square, or something really bad comes out of the dwindling number of remaining lawsuits against Baylor, there’s ZERO chance Monty gets let go.

Reactions: TUMU
Only worry is that a win puts us at 3 which is 'improvement.' Could be an excuse to extend the debacle. But must cheer to win anyway.

So, if Monty picks up the 3rd win and brags about a 50% improvement over last year does he demand a pay raise and a contract extension???

So, if Monty picks up the 3rd win and brags about a 50% improvement over last year does he demand a pay raise and a contract extension???

Of course, right after he tells that “we’re only Tulsa” and our expectations are too high.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT