ADVERTISEMENT

SMU game thread

nevadanatural

I.T.S. University President
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2003
Ok, I’ve finished shoveling 8 inches of snow off my driveway and sidewalk and I’m ready for some hoops!

Selebangue has quick release without fake or dribble. I love it. I take it back. He dribbles and gets it blocked.

Last edited:
Reactions: TU 1978
I keep trying to watch the game but all the computer will do is play this.

• Haha
This game sometimes reminds me of Michigan’s last offensive play yesterday. That play looked like it was scripted by the Keystone Cops.

Reactions: Gold*
We make a lot of good plays but can’t seem to be consistent. If we could eliminate half of our turnovers and WTF shots who knows what our record would be.

I even looked on the ESPN app and all it would do read MartonAstin posts aloud to the Benny Hill theme song. That’s Tulsa basketball in 2023.

• Haha
Reactions: TU_BLA
I’m surprised that we’re 5-5 from the line after watching them shoot free throws the last few games.

Got to close out on 3 point defense. Looks like last year today.

smu has 7 - 3's thus far hitting about 60%...

that will not last the entire game...

Game not flowing well. Our defense really is not good. Some related to coaching

SMU got a 5 star portal player this year. He looks great.

SMU isn't a very good basketball team.... this should be one of our best chances for a conference "W" this season. Need to show some determination in the second half.

Offense is okay. Defense is just pathetic. They go the wrong way around screens, leave a three point shooter to double a post man. Only bright spot is the aggressive on the ball defensive play which started with 6:00 to go in the half. Several steals.

The concerning part is defense is often related to coaching. I know most don’t agree but that was Haith’s best asset

• Haha
The concerning part is defense is often related to coaching. I know most don’t agree but that was Haith’s best asset
Haith did have good defense one year. His assistant would go crazy in practice if someone loafed. But that was one out of 8.( the assistant left). I agree TU coaches could do better but a lot of bad defense just was not noted when Haith recruited these players. Betson is on Konkol. Others Haith.

We’ve definitely gotten worse as the year has gone on. Can’t say whether that’s coaching or just other teams needing a few games to see what our weaknesses are. It would be nice to see some individual player improvement from the guys we’re likely to still have next year though

That first three of second half is ALL on Pritchard. Really bad defense.

Wonder why Memphis defense is improving when Haith showed up there. Haith had all kinds of problems but his defense was his best quality imo

• Haha
Wonder why Memphis defense is improving when Haith showed up there. Haith had all kinds of problems but his defense was his best quality imo
Haith’s defense left when ABC left.

We are down by 18 by the 3rd worst team in conf. With top scorer out. We suck

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT