ADVERTISEMENT

SMU at Tulsa

A loss in OT at home, to the other bottom feeder, that encapsulates this season.
Well, they beat us by 25 in Dallas, so there’s that.

We’ve now lost 3 in a row by 4 points or less. We don’t have one clutch 3 point shooter. We may need a double digit win to break the losing streak.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
I thought these guys played exceptionally hard and close to the extent of their ability. More thoughts to come in the Alley.

Reactions: loca2874
Hard to win games with 20+ turnovers.

Plus the one ref that never gave us a call all night. That would be the idiot that called goal tending on us at the end of regulation.

Well, they beat us by 25 in Dallas, so there’s that.

We’ve now lost 3 in a row by 4 points or less. We don’t have one clutch 3 point shooter. We may need a double digit win to break the losing streak.
The offense wasn't terrible tonight but making shots is still a struggle. Only a couple of shots did I go "WTF was that?" or "Why?". KES doesn't need to play. Dalger can have his minutes extremely limited IMO until he regains some confidence. His D has regressed and he takes some undisciplined shots. And all of the Pritchard haters can chill. That kid's growth in the last 10 games, his shot selection, everything has improved a lot. His passing is still stellar and I probably need an abacus on the # of assists he has missed out on because his teammates can't hit layups. People bitch about his assist to turnover ratio, but the assist figure relies on someone else making the shot he set them up for.

I just have to say another word about Selebangue. As many turnovers as we have it would be even worse without his hands. You talk about people needing to make layups, they also need to catch the ball. In the past a lot of our inside guys weren’t ready for the pass on a drive and would sometimes fumble a perfect entry pass. There was one play yesterday that, to me, exemplifies the type of player Selebangue is. I think it was Griffin that made a rather poor bounce pass to Selebangue from just outside the foul line. It came in low and hard. Not only did he go down and get the ball he controlled it, went up quickly, made the layup and drew a foul for a three point play. The guy is a stud and if he continues this level of play and isn’t first team all conference then the fix is in.

I just have to say another word about Selebangue. As many turnovers as we have it would be even worse without his hands. You talk about people needing to make layups, they also need to catch the ball. In the past a lot of our inside guys weren’t ready for the pass on a drive and would sometimes fumble a perfect entry pass. There was one play yesterday that, to me, exemplifies the type of player Selebangue is. I think it was Griffin that made a rather poor bounce pass to Selebangue from just outside the foul line. It came in low and hard. Not only did he go down and get the ball he controlled it, went up quickly, made the layup and drew a foul for a three point play. The guy is a stud and if he continues this level of play and isn’t first team all conference then the fix is in.
Agreed. He will be a contributor on a really good team here at TU soon.

Bryant has been the most improved player on this team so far. Speaking about the Layups, they arent making them and we know that basketball is a team sport. Bryant is banging around down there and making it happen without the help of Nikita (who is injured) but the other guys are missing a lot of layups. On the passing, there has been a lot of sloppy ball handling and some of these passes are soft leading to high turnovers.

Bryant has been the most improved player on this team so far. Speaking about the Layups, they arent making them and we know that basketball is a team sport. Bryant is banging around down there and making it happen without the help of Nikita (who is injured) but the other guys are missing a lot of layups. On the passing, there has been a lot of sloppy ball handling and some of these passes are soft leading to high turnovers.
Flat out, most of our players are BARELY D-1 talents or lower level. He IS not. Our guys don't know basic fundamentals it seems and Konkol is trying his damndest to get them there, but, most of them won't be back and will need to learn those skills at lower levels.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT