ADVERTISEMENT

Skipper or President

TULSARISING

I.T.S. Offensive Coordinator
Jun 21, 2017
Who do you see starting in Stillwater? Do both get snaps? Thoughts?

I could see President as a corner or receiver , would add some speed to the backfield

I think Drew played WR his sophomore year. He switched to QB his junior year after Joe Theisman graduated.

Skipper with a few packages for President. I wouldn't be shocked to see a position change for President after this season. He's too good of an athlete not to have on the field imo.
I think Chad could be an outstanding WR that you could use in a variety of different ways. Think Terrelle Pryor.

I could see both playing, but not a true 2 QB system. But right now noone knows for sure. If Skipper gets the call, I think we could see CP in a variety of other roles.

Everything points to Skipper at this point. It'll take a very productive summer for President to win the job. Two very fine athletes that we're fortunate to have wearing Hurricane colors.

Skipper must be a helluva player to beat out president as a true freshman. President was a 4* top 250 kid out of high school with offers from Texas, Baylor, and others. Nice problem to have! I expect to see both play against osu.

Skipper must be a helluva player to beat out president as a true freshman. President was a 4* top 250 kid out of high school with offers from Texas, Baylor, and others. Nice problem to have! I expect to see both play against osu.
President is a great athlete , great runner, but Skipper has a way better passer, and is pretty elusive himself, I imagine President will come in on certain packages , and both may be on the field at the same time with President a decoy or vise versa

Skipper is a red-shirt freshman.

Run the flex bone 3QB run/pass option with Skipper under center and President and Hefley in the backfield.

Reactions: chito_and_leon
Watching the highlights from yesterday, Skipper's deep ball looks so much more reliable (spiral-wise) than President's. Skipper's got a laser arm on the deep throws and his underneath ones don't look too bad either. As long as he makes the right reads through fall camp, I'm thinking he's the guy.

Watching the highlights from yesterday, Skipper's deep ball looks so much more reliable (spiral-wise) than President's. Skipper's got a laser arm on the deep throws and his underneath ones don't look too bad either. As long as he makes the right reads through fall camp, I'm thinking he's the guy.
Where are the highlights at? I have only seen pics

Last edited:
We're able to use the entire playbook with Skipper behind center. I don't think that's a true statement as of now with President.

Reactions: TULSARISING
You can tell in the McFarland tweet that President had one super wobbly ball to deep Hobbs and then he overthrew Brewer on a deep route (although the spiral was good on that one)

Skipper's spiral is much more consistently tight.

That double pass to President could be lethal! He is a special athlete. He looked to have pretty nice touch on the deep balls he threw. I'm not sure how you can keep him off the field. Having said that, skipper can sure twirl it with some zip. Impressive arm strength and accuracy for a rs-freshman. I think one or both of those guys are going to surprise some osu fans.

Unless President actually plays receiver, that double pass will catch no one off guard. I do like the touch on those deep ball. Hopefully they can replicate it with pads and under the lights. Getting those safeties out of run support with be important if we are to duplicate last years rushing success.

Im sure the staff appreciates the news media filming new wrinkles and us discussing them on here.

The double pass (or threat thereof) will force the defense in most situations to designate a player that will key the QB, most likely the Mike. That should open up the bubble looks they like and give Brewer room to cut in from the edge.

After watching the scrimmage clips, I'm not too sure President doesn't get the start, his pass looks much improved

I think you are right. I don't think there's a doubt at this point that it will be President starting with relief from Skipper. If the offense stalls because of a lack of deep threat, Skipper will take over.

I think you are right. I don't think there's a doubt at this point that it will be President starting with relief from Skipper. If the offense stalls because of a lack of deep threat, Skipper will take over.
What I like about President is he has those actual game time experiences. He knows what it's like to be out on the field. I am really looking forward to Aug 31st

One thing is for certain, the offense with President will look much different than the offense with Dane.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
Agree, almost a total opposite type of qb
I would expect more of the Houston style offense with a lot of read option and short possession passes hoping someone can break a long one. If President is on the field every possession and can complete a few passes then the D can't key on him every play.

President's mechanics look improved, and he's played in hostile environments (at ECU). I'd start Pres, if he's moving the chains, try to get Skipper in there in certain situations. Skip hasn't taken one snap in a D-1 game. I think Pres is hungry, after being Montgomery's 1st recruit (4 Star, #9 Dual-Threat QB in Nation) at Tulsa, and then watching most of the past 2 years from the sideline.

I'm not opposed to some type of 2-QB system evolving thru the season. Way too early to tell, though. Thankfully on offense, whoever is on the field is surrounded by multiple All-Conference players.

President's mechanics look improved, and he's played in hostile environments (at ECU). I'd start Pres, if he's moving the chains, try to get Skipper in there in certain situations. Skip hasn't taken one snap in a D-1 game. I think Pres is hungry, after being Montgomery's 1st recruit (4 Star, #9 Dual-Threat QB in Nation) at Tulsa, and then watching most of the past 2 years from the sideline.

I'm not opposed to some type of 2-QB system evolving thru the season. Way too early to tell, though. Thankfully on offense, whoever is on the field is surrounded by multiple All-Conference players.

And if he's not?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT