ADVERTISEMENT

Sigma Nu

astonmartin708

I.T.S. Hall of Famer
Apr 17, 2012
I was going to post this on the "other" board...but it seems like it will be seen quite a bit more here.

Apparently Sigma Nu has officially re-colonized TU. They will be taking over the honors house (old ATO house) between Lamda Chi and Sigma Chi with 20 members this fall. Good for those alumni for getting their house back on campus!

Seems like a nice addition, though it will make recruiting harder for everyone else.

I had heard that. I remember when they lost their charter because they couldn't recruit enough members because of the national chapter's decision to go dry.

TU couldn't tear their house down fast enough once it was empty.

I had heard that. I remember when they lost their charter because they couldn't recruit enough members because of the national chapter's decision to go dry.

TU couldn't tear their house down fast enough once it was empty.
I like the big new music building they put in its place though.

I'll leave this here for now, but will be moving it to the General Board at some point.

Sigma Nu dwindled and dwindled while I was at TU (in the Pike House) from 1994-98. Seems like they lost their charter and tore down the house before I graduated.

It was around while I was in school, but there was some other incident that lead to it getting shut down. It was always a pretty goofy deal. The House didn’t look like the others (very small).

Reactions: TUBballJunkie
Chris, I had heard the Pike house was the old, old jock dorm before it was the Pike house. Had you heard this?

Also, I think movie actress Jeanne Tripplehorn was a Pike little sis when she attended school at TU as a freshman. She was a classmate of mine at Edison.

Reactions: Chris Harmon
When I was at TU from ‘92-‘96, the Sigma Nu’s were a pretty darn good Frat.

Small house, but solid parties. I had a few really good friends within that house.

Did they just run out of money, or did something else trigger the end of their charter at TU?

Somethin else. Their numbers were bad, too.

Chris, I had heard the Pike house was the old, old jock dorm before it was the Pike house. Had you heard this?
Yes, that's correct...it was the old athletic dorm. We had several members that were football players, including TJ Rubley and Gus Frerotte. Older guys like Doug Dodd, Richard Gardner and Bob Losure still came around while I was there. Fun times. :)

Their numbers dwindled. The nationals pulled the plug. TU wanted the parking space. There were a few incidents, one which made the Tulsa World, but nothing that directly contributed to the charter being pulled. It was pure money, numbers, and TU wanted to tear down the aging building and use the space more productively.

And ATO’s charter was pulled due to a pledge death, right?

It was around while I was in school, but there was some other incident that lead to it getting shut down. It was always a pretty goofy deal. The House didn’t look like the others (very small).
It was the former athletic cafeteria

LEC, I hope the Chi-O's didn't mind it if you sliced while hitting your 3 wood.
a4f153ce33acb16e9fd37315619be3f5--golf-quotes-golf-stuff.jpg

The Sigma Nu chapter had some impossible to overcome internal strife. But a lot of good dudes. Just talked to one about a possible job referral today, actually.

This is great news.

Is that where he lived when the knife was jammed into his door?
His senior season was when I was a freshman. I don't remember him ever living in the Pike house, but I don't know for sure. What I do remember is -- when he was with the Redskins from 94 to 98, he would call the Pike house to razz us when they'd beat the Cowboys, because we had a bunch of Cowboys fans in the house. It was pretty funny.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT