ADVERTISEMENT

Shaq Harrison

Bill Lowery

ITS Recruiting Analyst
Staff
Sep 29, 2001
Shaq didn’t play in Chicago’s 1st 7 games due to a hamstring injury. He then played sparingly in the next 7 games off the bench, averaging only a little over 3 minutes per game, while scoring at under 2 points per contest.

Last night against Detroit, he started, played over 26 minutes and helped the Bulls to a 20 point win.

He was the Bull’s 2nd leading scorer with 15 pts on 7-12 fg’s (1-2 3-pt), 2nd leading rebounder with 11, 2nd in assists with 5, led the team with 3 steals, had 1 blk and 2 to’s.

It’s good to see Shaq back and healthy.

He also led the team in +/-. He's such a stud, I'm very happy to see him making the most of his chances.

I was going to add that but I really don’t know how it’s calculated. If anyone knows, please explain it to me. Thanks.

Nice....

Now if we can get DaQuan started..
He played the first 3 games for the Stockton Kings. He was around the 6th leading scorer and got around the 6th most minutes. He hasn't played for 3 games now, and is labeled inactive.

He played the first 3 games for the Stockton Kings. He was around the 6th leading scorer and got around the 6th most minutes. He hasn't played for 3 games now, and is labeled inactive.
He was added to the Kings roster as part of the 2 way deal.

Against the Lakers....

ROOKIE DEBUT

DaQuan Jeffries, a 6-foot-5 rookie swingman on a two-way contract, made his NBA debut after being called up from Sacramento’s G League affiliate in Stockton.

“I was really excited when I got the call,” Jeffries said. “I was at the airport getting ready to go on a road trip (with the Stockton Kings), so, yeah, I was pretty surprised.”

The Kings signed Jeffries in October after he was released by the Orlando Magic.

“My main thing is being a great defensive player,” Jeffries said. “That’s what I hang my hat on, so that’s what I look forward to doing.”

Against the Lakers....

ROOKIE DEBUT

DaQuan Jeffries, a 6-foot-5 rookie swingman on a two-way contract, made his NBA debut after being called up from Sacramento’s G League affiliate in Stockton.

“I was really excited when I got the call,” Jeffries said. “I was at the airport getting ready to go on a road trip (with the Stockton Kings), so, yeah, I was pretty surprised.”

The Kings signed Jeffries in October after he was released by the Orlando Magic.

“My main thing is being a great defensive player,” Jeffries said. “That’s what I hang my hat on, so that’s what I look forward to doing.”
That'll teach me to look at the depth chart not the roster on Sacramento. Great to hear he got the call up.

Shaq didn’t play in Chicago’s 1st 7 games due to a hamstring injury. He then played sparingly in the next 7 games off the bench, averaging only a little over 3 minutes per game, while scoring at under 2 points per contest.

Last night against Detroit, he started, played over 26 minutes and helped the Bulls to a 20 point win.

He was the Bull’s 2nd leading scorer with 15 pts on 7-12 fg’s (1-2 3-pt), 2nd leading rebounder with 11, 2nd in assists with 5, led the team with 3 steals, had 1 blk and 2 to’s.

It’s good to see Shaq back and healthy.
I didn’t realize he was injured or not at full health. I had been checking the box scores and saw a lot of DNP- Coach’s Decision by his name. Thought he was getting screwed seeing as one of the backup PGs was just awful in +/- and a bunch of other stats.

He also led the team in +/-. He's such a stud, I'm very happy to see him making the most of his chances.

I was going to add that but I really don’t know how it’s calculated. If anyone knows, please explain it to me. Thanks.
It’s basically the difference in the points your team scores when you’re on the floor subtracted by the number of points the other team scores when your on the floor. You’re a net negative if your team has more points scored against it during your floor minutes than it scores.

It is not unusual for starters on bad teams to have net negative ratings for the course of a season.

So, Bill, this game called basketball.... you get points for putting a round ball into a hoop with a net hanging down... "Too easy" you say? Well, let me tell you, it's harder than it looks. The hoop is 10 ft off the ground and if that's not enough the other team is going to put a giant in your way to try and stop you.

So, Bill, this game called basketball.... you get points for putting a round ball into a hoop with a net hanging down... "Too easy" you say? Well, let me tell you, it's harder than it looks. The hoop is 10 ft off the ground and if that's not enough the other team is going to put a giant in your way to try and stop you.

Huh?

Jeffries played 9 minutes last night in a loss. 2 pts on 1-1 fg, 1 rb and 1 asst.

I must admit I never imagined Jeffries as an NBA player, but I love it. Goes to show what a good work ethic will do for you.

He's still borderline at the moment, they sent him back down to the G-League after the game he had the dunk in.

If he can develop a killer instinct mentality, something he lacked at TU IMO, he could have a lengthy NBA career and be a fantastic role player in the league.

Reactions: Bill Lowery
He's still borderline at the moment, they sent him back down to the G-League after the game he had the dunk in.

If he can develop a killer instinct mentality, something he lacked at TU IMO, he could have a lengthy NBA career and be a fantastic role player in the league.
Actually, the up and down thing is a sign they are really interested in him developing. They know his minutes with the Kings would be spotty and inconsistent and you can't get better if you're not playing. Putting him back in the G-league means they want him to keep playing good minutes an keeping his game sharp. I expect to see this happen to DMFJ quite a bit this season where he comes up to the NBA for 2-3 games and back down for 2-3 games.

An excellent way to get started. The young man was never afraid of working his way to the bucket through traffic. Hopefully, he didn't break the ankles of poor defenders on his way to the hole.
That defender wanted no part of DMFJ

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT