ADVERTISEMENT

Sedition

Agreed, if these two events are actually the closest we came, then there is little risk. There was nothing close to a fringe group taking over in either city. The Seattle major (a former US attorney) was smart enough to not ramp things up as the Feds did in Portland. Seattleites are happy the police chief is gone. Fox got caught doctoring photos trying to make the CHOP look out of control. Everything TV showed in both cities took place in in a couple of blocks. Outside of those areas, residents were unfazed.

That said, I don't think either place was a good example of the risk that Aston described.

There were six people shot in those “couple” of blocks in a few weeks in Seattle. I’m still amused by intelligent people taking ignorant short sighted views due entirely to political bias. Groups of people taking over parts of our cities is never appropriate. Some posters are perfecting fine with areas like CHOP but would lose their sh*t should a right wing group be allowed to take over parts of say Dallas. Hell....some are freaking out over the prospect of such a takeover. Those views and opinions which are largely formed by partisanship are not rarely sound but set dangerous precedents.

...and happy T Giving to my Crossfire brothers. Love ya all regardless of political persuasion.

There were six people shot in those “couple” of blocks in a few weeks in Seattle. I’m still amused by intelligent people taking ignorant short sighted views due entirely to political bias. Groups of people taking over parts of our cities is never appropriate. Some posters are perfecting fine with areas like CHOP but would lose their sh*t should a right wing group be allowed to take over parts of say Dallas. Hell....some are freaking out over the prospect of such a takeover. Those views and opinions which are largely formed by partisanship are not rarely sound but set dangerous precedents.

...and happy T Giving to my Crossfire brothers. Love ya all regardless of political persuasion.
You don’t live here nor did you visit the CHOP. I do and one of my kids lives a few blocks away and visited several times. I trust his view over yours. Yes it is regrettable that it happened, but the right wing press blew it out of proportion. Unfortunately as a big city the number of deaths we experienced was about norm and includes deaths outside the CHOP. I completely agree your post in one area, however, that some people who don’t live here take short sighted views for their political purposes.

You don’t live here nor did you visit the CHOP. I do and one of my kids lives a few blocks away and visited several times. I trust his view over yours. Yes it is regrettable that it happened, but the right wing press blew it out of proportion. Unfortunately as a big city the number of deaths we experienced was about norm and includes deaths outside the CHOP. I completely agree your post in one area, however, that some people who don’t live here take short sighted views for their political purposes.
Complaing about the press just makes them worse, 04. The Republicans have enjoyed the attention for four years. Being highly critical of the government is a rewarding occupation. I'm sure that they will have to share a little time with the new administration.

Reactions: watu04

BS....I don’t have to live in a city to realize that a group taking over parts of the same sets a dangerous precedent and must not be allowed to occur. Disappointed that neither you nor your son can understand the ramifications of political groups taking over parts of our cities. As I stated above if a right wing group took over a part of Dallas your opinion would be the exact opposite due to political bias. Simply a disingenuous position.

The NYTs (one of your favorite publications) is the source who reported the six shootings. An abnormally high amount for an area of a few blocks.

Reactions: maverickfp
It’s one thing to protest, it’s another thing entirely when you forcefully take over part of a city and declare it to be its own autonomous zone outside US authority. We should have sent in the military in full force to crush this from the day it changed from a peaceful protest to a self proclaimed autonomous zone. Additionally we should have revoked US citizenship of all involved and jailed the leaders and charged them with treason. This is America 🇺🇸 Not CHOP, CHAZ or whatever the hell they called it. Americans have every right to exercise their right to peaceful protest but Americans do not have the right to declare their independence from the US without consequence!

Last edited:
Waco and Ruby Ridge were radical groups on private property, but feds went in.

Portland and Seattle were radical groups taking public property.

Reactions: shon46
It’s one thing to protest, it’s another thing entirely when you forcefully take over part of a city and declare it to be its own autonomous zone outside US authority. We should have sent in the military in full force to crush this from the day it changed from a peaceful protest to a self proclaimed autonomous zone. Additionally we should have revoked US citizenship of all involved and jailed the leaders and charged them with treason. This is America 🇺🇸 Not CHOP, CHAZ or whatever the hell they called it. Americans have every right to exercise their right to peaceful protest but Americans do not have the right to declare their independence from the US without consequence!
You are correct on everything here except that the persons involved should be charged with treason. It is not appropriate to charge them with a crime that the penalty for guilt, is death. I don't know all the legal arguments that would take place to determine if it fell within the confines of treason. But I seriously doubt that it would fall within those limited confines. I would appreciate Huffy's opinion on this.

You are correct on everything here except that the persons involved should be charged with treason. It is not appropriate to charge them with a crime that the penalty for guilt, is death. I don't know all the legal arguments that would take place to determine if it fell within the confines of treason. But I seriously doubt that it would fall within those limited confines. I would appreciate Huffy's opinion on this.
Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court. The Congress shall have Power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted.
*****Taking control of state land, claiming sovereignty, and placing armed soldiers to guard your new country, burning the American flag, and operating under a communist governance is more than enough to convict.**** I’m not a fan of death in this case but life imprisonments would suffice! NOTE: We just changed a critical part of treason 😉.Death to traitors! American forever 🇺🇸

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court. The Congress shall have Power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted.
*****Taking control of state land, claiming sovereignty, and placing armed soldiers to guard your new country, burning the American flag, and operating under a communist governance is more than enough to convict.**** I’m not a fan of death in this case but life imprisonments would suffice! NOTE: We just changed a critical part of treason 😉.Death to traitors! American forever 🇺🇸
As I said, I want to hear from a lawyer, their opinion on this. I can, and have read the basic statements about Treason that you quoted here. The legal arguments around that basic statement are different than just that statement alone.

Now they are calling the lawsuit in Texas sedition for trying to overturn the election. I thought that was the purpose of our courts, a legal way to settle to settle disputes; arbitrated by a third party.

A better example of sedition is using fake data to spy on a candidate and then conducting a bogus investigation with the intent to oust him from office. When that failed, the opposition misused and abused its authority and attempted another coup in the form of a kangaroo court. No impartial third party here.

As I said, I want to hear from a lawyer, their opinion on this. I can, and have read the basic statements about Treason that you quoted here. The legal arguments around that basic statement are different than just that statement alone.

Treason is not possible unless you're at war. Basically, it's never treason.

Signed,

Lawyer

Treason is not possible unless you're at war. Basically, it's never treason.

Signed,

Lawyer
Well you are almost correct, it can also be when you are trying to overthrow the government. Forming a section free from regulations and rules/laws of the state that it is a part of, could be very loosely construed as treason. That throws up another false claim they could have made, about how the way the laws were being used were against the persons constitutional rights, but that's another subject. But I was replying to Shon's conjecture, and I think you know the question I was asking, in response to his somewhat falsely worded use of the wrong term.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT