ADVERTISEMENT

Sedition

An idiot and his megaphone. Let me know when the mass rioting, looting and burning of cities commences and I’ll pay attention.

An idiot and his megaphone. Let me know when the mass rioting, looting and burning of cities commences and I’ll pay attention.
Equating the two sides to each other when we have this kind of speech going on on one side is ridiculous. No one has been calling for literal bloodshed on the left. Moreover, there’s been broad denunciation of violence and looting. Also, Notice that it’s not just a guy and a megaphone. People are standing there listening and clapping.
Would you call Marting Luther King just a guy and a megaphone???

Equating the two sides to each other when we have this kind of speech going on on one side is ridiculous. No one has been calling for literal bloodshed on the left. Moreover, there’s been broad denunciation of violence and looting. Also, Notice that it’s not just a guy and a megaphone. People are standing there listening and clapping.
Would you call Marting Luther King just a guy and a megaphone???

I believe I called this guy an idiot. Do I need to further denounce his actions? Speech is one thing. Actions such as looting, rioting, burning are quite another. Like I said above, get back to me when the right starts destroying our cities and robbing our stores. That said, such speech is wrong. However, actual violence and destruction is a entirely different thing. We can talk further if the right follows the left’s lead proceeds on that path. If they do hopefully 95% of those protests will be peaceful so we can justify the same :)

Reactions: HuffyCane
I believe I called this guy an idiot. Do I need to further denounce his actions? Speech is one thing. Actions such as looting, rioting, burning are quite another. Like I said above, get back to me when the right starts destroying our cities and robbing our stores. That said, such speech is wrong. However, actual violence and destruction is a entirely different thing. We can talk further if the right follows the left’s lead proceeds on that path. If they do hopefully 95% of those protests will be peaceful so we can justify the same :)
If the right goes along the lines of this speech it’s not going to be rioting and looting in a few isolated cities... it’s going to be full blown civil war.

I’ve come to learn that there are extremists on both sides and both are stupid, most decent people are in the middle
I agree that there are extremists on both sides... no one is clapping for bloodshed on on side though.

This “both sides” narrative is kind of ridiculous. It would be like comparing the tone of the country during the Rodney king riots to the tone of the country pre Civil War. One is clearly bad and should be denounced but the other is clearly worse.

Shon nailed it. :rolleyes:
First off, i strongly condemn this type of speech. I acknowledge the frustration but taking up arms against our fellow brothers and sisters is not the answer. That being said, on Saturday at the Stop the Steal Rally, Alex Jones called for a revolution in front of 300,000 people in DC and the crowd went absolutely nuts. There were almost a million Trump supporters in DC this weekend with a complete fake media and social media blackout. Two observations;
One:The fake media has lost all credibility with and no longer controls or influences half the population.
Two: The only thing stopping mass riots from the Right is the hope and belief in the justice system. If this “Perceived” injustice continues as we approach the state certification day and Inauguration Day, there will be extreme violence.
Either way, the actions that took place on 4 Nov, 2020 forever changed our country in ways we don’t yet fully understand. May God protect us all!

Last edited:
This “both sides” narrative is kind of ridiculous. It would be like comparing the tone of the country during the Rodney king riots to the tone of the country pre Civil War. One is clearly bad and should be denounced but the other is clearly worse.
I don't know that one side is worse when it comes to the crazies, but I do agree that one side has a support from the President, which emboldens them to a dangerous degree. The President is egging on the violence.

There was the Pro-Trump demonstration this weekend in DC. It was DC, which is about 95% Democratic, so naturally there was a counter demonstration. And some violence. 4 injured police officers and at least one stabbing victim.

It's unfortunate, and something that 95%+ of Americans can say "That's awful" about. So what did the President do? He tweeted a congratulatory tweet to his supporters and said his enemies "Are running for the hills!"

The tweet in question: "Antifa SCUM ran for the hills today when they tried attacking the people at the Trump Rally, because those people aggressively fought back. Antifa waited until tonight, when 99% were gone, to attack innocent #MAGA People. DC Police, get going — do you job and don’t hold back!!!"

That bothers me. He should not be escalating things. But he has been for 4 years. I don't know if his characterization of the incident is accurate or not. But I also don't care. You don't take an incident like that and use it to encourage further violence. That used to be a given. It's not hard to tweet: "There was unfortunate violence at the rally last night. Thank you to the wonderful DC police for getting it under control. I hope that going forward, both my supporters and detractors can demonstrate peacefully and without interference from those who hold opposing views. I urge my supporters to stay safe and smart, and not engage with those that voted for my opponent."

The one which is actually doing the rioting, looting and burning down cities is clearly worse. Now if the right starts this nonsense too then the same should be immediately stopped. You will see no “well the stealing and destruction was only done by a small number of the protestors” justification from me. This is where (or one of the areas) where we differ

I am glad to see that protests and violence are now a problem for those on the left as well 😂😂

Last edited:
First off, i strongly condemn this type of speech. I acknowledge the frustration but taking up arms against our fellow brothers and sisters is not the answer. That being said, on Saturday at the Stop the Steal Rally, Alex Jones called for a revolution in front of 300,000 people in DC and the crowd went absolutely nuts. There were almost a million Trump supporters in DC this weekend with a complete fake media and social media blackout. Two observations;
One:The fake media has lost all credibility with and no longer controls or influences half the population.
Two: The only thing stopping mass riots from the Right is the hope and belief in the justice system. If this “Perceived” injustice continues as we approach the state certification day and Inauguration Day, there will be extreme violence.
Either way, the actions that took place on 4 Nov, 2020 forever changed our country in ways we don’t yet fully understand. May God protect us all!
I love the passive aggressive statements that don't advocate violence but really do. You do that all the time. You act like you never insult anyone's person with passive aggressive comments of a similar nature. Passive aggressive just hacks me off with it's complete dishonesty. You ream on the left for their political correctness. The irony of it all.

The one which is actually doing the rioting, looting and burning down cities is clearly worse. Now if the right starts this nonsense too then the same should be immediately stopped. You will see no “well the stealing and destruction was only done by a small number of the protestors” justification from me. This is where (or one of the areas) where we differ

I am glad to see that protests and violence are now a problem for those in the left 😂😂
Seriously, how long was portland allowed to burn? How long was the zone allowed to exist in seattle? Were those red states and cities? How many blocks were destroyed in minneapolis?

So we are now "Pre-Civil War"

???

Ambiguous statement that needs clarifying.

I cant imagine the destruction in cities across america if trump would have won. So far...nothing but stupid tweets and rhetoric. Contrary to popular leftist belief, words are not violence.

I love the passive aggressive statements that don't advocate violence but really do. You do that all the time. You act like you never insult anyone's person with passive aggressive comments of a similar nature. Passive aggressive just hacks me off with it's complete dishonesty. You ream on the left for their political correctness. The irony of it all.
My apologies. Not meant to come off as that.

Reactions: Clong83a
I cant imagine the destruction in cities across america if trump would have won. So far...nothing but stupid tweets and rhetoric. Contrary to popular leftist belief, words are not violence.
There was no violence to speak of, over Trump. It was mostly because of actions taken by the police.

Rioting and looting has only happened in the Dem run cities which the Right has been more than happy to sit back and watch burn. One side has a distinct advantage over the other and I hope that advantage is never utilized.

Maxine says hi.

This will all pass like the leaves of grass. There will be couple of four very small actions, if that, and the police will quell them, end of story.

Rioting and looting has only happened in the Dem run cities which the Right has been more than happy to sit back and watch burn. One side has a distinct advantage over the other and I hope that advantage is never utilized.
Im aware. Thats what i was saying.

Reactions: shon46
I mean libs would have destroyed city blocks if trump won. Thats why everything was being borded up in major cities.
That's an assumption. I think assumptions are liabilities in an argument of this nature.

My apologies. Not meant to come off as that.
It took me a second read, because at first I got the same impression that Gmoney got. But I did understood after reading it again that you weren't making threats. Just saying it would both likely happen, and that you condemn it. Thanks for clearing it up in any case.

Reactions: shon46

Hey guys, I think I just discovered a nifty trick.

Of course everybody will go on about how they figured that out along time ago, and I'll feel like and idiot...

I did this on another quote, but as an example I'll use 'But, ok.'

I selected 'But, ok.' I did not copy it, just selected. I left it selected, and then clicked on the [ "Quote ] button, and then clicked on [ "Quote Messages ] It only quoted 'But, ok.' not the entire post.

I mean its obvious. But ok.

Hey guys, I think I just discovered a nifty trick.

Of course everybody will go on about how they figured that out along time ago, and I'll feel like and idiot...

I did this on another quote, but as an example I'll use 'But, ok.'

I selected 'But, ok.' I did not copy it, just selected. I left it selected, and then clicked on the [ "Quote ] button, and then clicked on [ "Quote Messages ] It only quoted 'But, ok.' not the entire post.
I did not know that, thanks. And I enjoyed the segue.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
I agree that there are extremists on both sides... no one is clapping for bloodshed on on side though.
Extremists on the left were chanting “ Pigs in a blanket “ about police officers . That’s pretty horrific. Like I said , there are extremists on both sides and both are idiots

According to the media,
looters and rioters on left are protestors and
Demonstraters on the right are, inciting violence, and use hate speech,

I am glad to see that protests and violence are now a problem for those on the left as well 😂😂
No. Looting and rioting against as a result of actual injustice is not worse than bloodshed in the name of false injustice.

No. Looting and rioting against as a result of actual injustice is not worse than bloodshed in the name of false injustice.

The former has actually occurred while the latter has not. Actual violence will always be worse than fictional violence. When the right starts burning down cities and looting their neighbors business we can talk about the equivalence. Until then there is no valid comparison.

Reactions: maverickfp
The former has actually occurred while the latter has not. Actual violence will always be worse than fictional violence. When the right starts burning down cities and looting their neighbors business we can talk about the equivalence. Until then there is no valid comparison.
Occasional / infrequent rioting or looting will never (theoretically or in practice) be as big of threats as the potential threat (and public incitement of) literal civil war. We know this because our country has had riots and looting In different places for hundreds of years and it’s cost in terms of lives and lost economic potential paled in comparison to those lost in the US Civil War or various other civil wars across the globe’s history.

Heck the French citizens riot every couple months, but there are far fewer books written about the riots of 2008 than there are about the French Revolution. Damage to property real or not, is almost always still minor in comparison the real or threatened loss of life in sectarian outcomes. In a society that maintains equitable justice and can recapture civility in times of social strife property can be replaced. Lives can not.

Why cant you denounce the rioting and looting of multiple cities in america for dozens of days after Floyd was killed? So bizarre.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT